• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay Uncanny Avengers today

It was okay. It's just a weird book now with everything ending. It knocked the stakes down to like negative a million. Counter-Earth is also one of the least threatening locales Remender has created. Iunno. It was just ok.

Real pretty though, and he writes all these characs flawlessly. I think it might be because it's only five parts and there's a super definitive end (no SW crossovers announced, right?). Used to be a story like this would be the part of a bigger tapestry and also have like 15 issues to really play out. This is a whole new thing, and time has run out. Not Remender's best look. With Cap, we already know about Hail Hydra, so it feels like it can still lead somewhere. Also, his Cap run has felt more episodic then his team stuff, so it didn't feel as weird.

E the Shaggy

It was okay. It's just a weird book now with everything ending. It knocked the stakes down to like negative a million. Counter-Earth is also one of the least threatening locales Remender has created. Iunno. It was just ok.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled with building up all these teams to only have them stripped away after six or so issues. Like how long will Sabretooth really be a hero for?

so i'm making the most out of marvel unlimited and reading stuff i missed like new avengers and there was some talk of greg land's art earlier so

EifsKeB.png

captain america

aJ2ytdA.gif

I've been awake for far too long and I put as much effort into this as land does all his work
omg hahahahaha

i'm up too early for this!

No, Jeff Lemire! No! Never!!

Drawings do not look better in print!!!!

EDIT: Am I the only one in this thread reading comics right now??? Where is everybody?

So, Dr. Fate is not Earth 2 Fate, but Earth Prime Fate, I am assuming? Cause it doesn't make sense otherwise.

iirc it was either Earth Prime or unknown earth. He has the same name as Earth 2 fate, Khalid, so that doesn't help matters. I haven't read it yet but as I understand it, most of these titles aren't suppose to be heavily reliant on continuity. I think Starfire had Superman in his JL costume, even though in Superman he's depowered in street clothes.

Isak_Borg

No, Jeff Lemire! No! Never!!

Drawings do not look better in print!!!!

EDIT: Am I the only one in this thread reading comics right now??? Where is everybody?

Waiting until I get out of the office to read my books but Secret Wars #2 was fucking awesome!

Looking forward to Black Science, Vader and Convergence (hate read).

iirc it was either Earth Prime or unknown earth. He has the same name as Earth 2 fate, Khalid, so that doesn't help matters. I haven't read it yet but as I understand it, most of these titles aren't suppose to be heavily reliant on continuity. I think Starfire had Superman in his JL costume, even though in Superman he's depowered in street clothes.

And that has me a little worried. I don't mind continuity light where we don't have to worry about costume shit or do minute by minute accounts of where people are but I'm going to be less interested in stand alone titles that have zero ties whatsoever unless they're really good.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Birdie with that quadruple. This is a momentous day.

SoilBreak

Banned
Been a while since I last read a Green Lantern book but Lost Army looks like it's worth picking up next month (mostly cause of Saiz).

NYCC Tickets page is already dead for me. : ( They handle this so shittily every year, and its worse now with their ONLY retail partner being Midtown comics.

It also seems very clear now that

SECRET WARS

There will be no reboot. The Cabal survived which implies Team Reed Fail did too. They have to rebuild the world as THEY knew it. There will be some changes here and there I'm sure, but it's still the Marvel Universe we know.

Theories?
I wish we had more discussion about the book, it's one of my favorite things DC is publishing.

First thought would be the same process that made the rest of them just done on a woman instead of a man. We've seen that it's possible, in Teri's case.

Though... Hmm. There is that comment about her being an "insult to womanhood". Though I can only imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if the implication is that it's a man (Guy) turned into a woman and thus not "really a woman" because of it. So I hope it's not "Hal turned into Guy but a woman".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom