• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rhaknar, have you ever thought of just reading the whole Marvel Universe in chronological order?

I'm not re-reading shit, only the stuff I missed in my hiatus. Now, you could argue I should be reading these events in order but... mweh /shrug

I'm so confused with this Excalibur #13, Callisto with tentacles, a bunch of characters I don't know and Claremont doing his best Claremont

"She has weapons coming out of every part of her body, she is a one-woman army!"

Thank you for saying out loud what we all see in the drawing Mr. Random cannon fodder soldier.

Anyway, I don't see what this has to do with House of M so far

Fintan

I'm not re-reading shit, only the stuff I missed in my hiatus. Now, you could argue I should be reading these events in order but... mweh /shrug

I'm so confused with this Excalibur #13, Callisto with tentacles, a bunch of characters I don't know and Claremont doing his best Claremont

"She has weapons coming out of every part of her body, she is a one-woman army!"

Thank you for saying out loud what we all see in the drawing Mr. Random cannon fodder soldier.

Anyway, I don't see what this has to do with House of M so far
I want you to start with Marvel Comics #1 and go from there. If you get to something you've read before skip it. But keep going from 1939 to the present. Do it. Do it for me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh this awesome Dr.Strange art is from this Excalibur issue, neat. I've seen this floating around for years

fiqhty8Cm4TQhyQgtrWozwPhrIYetHLBMPDjDROyJCeJEQZYMPQ2dh_lokz1vOwk8Yi74qMclRakTUnOtOjmmqIU-caTsiZ1A3Ubi7gsuOggpJ4WSFuUzFwMcQdXQ445tQ

Can someone quickly tell me what Xavier is trying to heal Wanda from? I guess there was another event before this >_>

Owzers

:/ Someone left me negative feedback on ebay because i didn't go into detail that volume 6 of Star Wars Legacy was part of that Vector Event. Maybe i should have written a description about it, but I kinda feel like it's not on me to describe the content of comics. When i sell six issue sets of floppies, i tend to just say 8-13 or whatever and not break down issue by issue which issue belongs to which story arc or what's a one-shot. If a single issue was part of a crossover, I'd probably mention it, but with Legacy it was quite contained so i didn't bother. Feels kinda bad. Which gaf member was it *glares around here*?

Squire

Banned
Greg Land is like a poor man's Terry Dodson.

There's a semi-photorealism to his art that, yeah, looks like tracing, but it's also somewhat pleasing to the eye.

I say this after seeing the transition from him to Dodson on Uncany X-Men when Fraction wrote it. Been crawling through that.

Rhaknar

Excalibur #14 - Xavier was in the army with Wolverine whut? o_O

...that's kinda cool actually

Edit: loved this issue with Strange and Xavier going through Xavier's memories / mind to learn what Mags wants with Wanda.

I still don't know why she's dying or whatever is happening to her tho

Messi

:/ Someone left me negative feedback on ebay because i didn't go into detail that volume 6 of Star Wars Legacy was part of that Vector Event. Maybe i should have written a description about it, but I kinda feel like it's not on me to describe the content of comics. When i sell six issue sets of floppies, i tend to just say 8-13 or whatever and not break down issue by issue which issue belongs to which story arc or what's a one-shot. If a single issue was part of a crossover, I'd probably mention it, but with Legacy it was quite contained so i didn't bother. Feels kinda bad. Which gaf member was it *glares around here*?

You did nothing wrong. The guy is a douche.

Rhaknar

Wait Wanda killed The Avengers before this? o_O I'm defiantly missing some event before House of M lol

Zombine

Banned
I just wanted to put it out there that using references and tracing are entirely different. Sean Phillips takes pics of himself to give him an idea of a scene, because that's legitimately how some people draw. He admitted that it's a bad habit and a lousy crutch, but I respect it.

Land straight up traces. Not only that, the dude fuckin swipes art. He's legit no better than Gene Simmons son.

Veelk

Banned
I don't get how all this doesn't count as plagiarism. Does he only trace public domain images? It feels like the writing equivalent of this would be copying excepts from various books and changing the names to suit Land's story, and that would definitely come under heavy fire if he did that.

Rhaknar

I really liked House of M #1. Those scenes with Mags and Quicksilver with a sleeping Wanda, and Pietro is freaking the fuck out thinking they will kill his sister and Mags is like "What would you have me do?" were intense. Really liking this, exciting!

Oh and Avengers Disassembled was the event where she wigs out? Guess I'll have to check that out one day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom