• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It refuses to let me checkout, it loads the page with the tickets I've selected and then I get a webpage is not available error. Just let me fucking checkout with the tickets I want assholes.

Messi

AUt3FOq.jpg

Boogiepop

BTW, I've kind of been planning to hold off on GotG stuff till the Annihilation Conquest Omnibus comes out, at which point I would grab that, the Annihilation Omnibus, and the two Complete Collections, since people said they all go together waaaaay back when I asked, IIRC. Is this a good plan or a mad plan?

All that stuff is supposed to be fantastic, right? Also, is there a real, non-Amazon date on the Annihilation Conquest Omnibus anywhere yet?

One more try on this. Anyone?

I don't know that I'm going to re-up on JL3K when it comes back, that preview wasn't... Well, it just wasn't. There's been a lack of progress and the schtick was wearing thin before they went on break.

You know what's extra bullshitty about this. There's a god damn countdown to how long it'll hold those tickets, and the whole time I'm trying to get the page to load the countdown just keeps going down. So every time it sits there for 2 - 3 minutes not loading is time I'm losing to just buy the tickets I selected. Because their website won't FUCKING LOAD THE CHECK OUT I'm going to loose my tickets and my place.

Getting NYCC tickets sounds like trying to get home Red Sox tickets in the mid/late 2000s. Online sales would open, the website would immediately become vastly overloaded, wait in a queue for ????, and then end up having a good chance to find everything sold out already.

Also, a question. I've never read Thor solos (ignoring the fact that Odinson isn't the current Thor) but the very positive feedback about Thor #8 here makes me interested. Is the, admittedly short, run worth picking up?

number47

Everything I love dies, every community I have actively engaged in dies , FootballGAF, NBAGAF, FigureGAF :(. I just want you all to know that when ComicGAF dies because of me that I never meant for it to be like that. I only wanted the best for us. Time runs out, Everything Dies. Sorry :(
When's the next incursion?

Zombine

Banned
Getting NYCC tickets sounds like trying to get home Red Sox tickets in the mid/late 2000s. Online sales would open, the website would immediately become vastly overloaded, wait in a queue for ????, and then end up having a good chance to find everything sold out already.

Also, a question. I've never read Thor solos (ignoring the fact that Odinson isn't the current Thor) but the very positive feedback about Thor #8 here makes me interested. Is the, admittedly short, run worth picking up?

Yeah, but in this case imagine getting through and all that's left are bleacher seats (Thursday)

I've lost my ticket reservation twice now, that means 30 minutes of just trying to fucking check out, this is fucking ridiculous. By the time this thing lets me check out everything is going to be sold out.

ReAxion

You can just jump in. Not sure what you like but it's good. There's a little bit of Original Sin that sets the stage for it, tho.

If you got MU, reading Thor: God of Thunder God Butcher and God Bomb is a great idea. Those are vol 1 & 2. You can skip the 3rd arc, but jump back onto the 4th vol/arc.

It TOTALLY is. You should also read Aaron's preceding run, with old Thor (Thor: God of Thunder), as its also tremendous fun.

You know this shit is going to get hammered, why not rent extra servers for the day, but nope lets have people have a frustrating and shitty experience instead.

You know this shit is going to get hammered, why not rent extra servers for the day, but nope lets have people have a frustrating and shitty experience instead.

Part of the problem is they basically have no reason to fix it. It's not like they have to worry that they won't get max attendance.

Boogiepop

I don't think so. At the very least I haven't seen any date for it in released solicitations.

... Annnnnnnd I just looked things up and realized that my plan has horribly backfired. The original Annihilation Omnibus is apparently already horribly out of print and going for like twice MSRP... and Amazon still has the Conquest Omnibus as a month off. This crap is ridiculous, bleh.

frye

Ok so the Thor reveal totally works in that
it doesn't sidestep the cancer thing and also as a result the reason the identity has been kept secret makes sense

good job jason!!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's easy to jump in. It's how I started reading flash and it's still my favorite run.
OK, thanks^^
Waid's run is better.
Waids Run not that good collected :/
... Annnnnnnd I just looked things up and realized that my plan has horribly backfired. The original Annihilation Omnibus is apparently already horribly out of print and going for like twice MSRP... and Amazon still has the Conquest Omnibus as a month off. This crap is ridiculous, bleh.
Where do you live?

Original Annihilation aint particularly good, tbqh. Just try to get the Abnett stuff.

tim1138

Wow that Aquaman preview story was bad. Awful writing, uninspired art, just a bad comic book. Putting Cullen Bunn on that book was a horrible idea.

Yeah, it's ridiculous how the prices on these things balloon once they get out of print. Just need to hold out hope that Marvel decides to do reprints in the next few years.

Ladies and gentlemen, I prostrate myself before you and admit my past transgressions. I am selfish. I am judgmental. I have sinned.

I set off Frank Quitely War and Frank Quitely War II with my pointed criticism of Potato Head heroes, amorphous faces, and photocopied characters from page to page. In doing so, I allowed my biases to clog up the great wheel that is Comics GAF, and killed any meaningful discussion about anime waifus or $300 figures for several pages.

I was wrong.

But even those misdeeds pale in comparison to criticism of Secret Wars.

It's one thing to not like Secret Wars. I get it. You're wrong, it's the best comic event in a decade, we're going to be praising it for years, blah blah blah. But I get it. There's no accounting for taste, and all that. It's early. The event could derail. Cows may fly.

It's another thing to not like Secret Wars because of some random corporate "interests" that are totally unrelated to the event. What? The MCU is a separate beast that mines comics for ideas. That's the connection. Comics aren't written with the idea of turning them into a feature film. Most of the movie fanbase couldn't possibly care less about the comic world.

Dan DiDio is sitting in his office right now with a hidden copy of Secret Wars #2 under his desk and he is sobbing uncontrollably. Let It Go.

#RafaPost

Messi

I wish I could have been with you NYC folks. In a job for 10 years and get laid off right before I actually go to a con :(. I was going this year.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
It's another thing to not like Secret Wars because of some random corporate "interests" that are totally unrelated to the event. What? The MCU is a separate beast that mines comics for ideas. That's the connection. Comics aren't written with the idea of turning them into a feature film. Most of the movie fanbase couldn't possibly care less about the comic world.

Tell that to Mark Millar.
But you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom