• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what you want about Before Watchmen: Ozymandias but Jae Lee killed that book:

PlancheA_167803.jpg
I enjoyed it but then again I find Ozymandias to be an intriguing villain. I wanted a book that explored him more.

Tizoc

Say what you want about Before Watchmen: Ozymandias but Jae Lee killed that book:

I enjoyed it but then again I find Ozymandias to be an intriguing villain. I wanted a book that explored him more.

Jae Lee's art is phenomenal, though it might not always be the best fit for some series...like that one Batman and Superman book. Now that one had the creepiest park bench ever...

Mudcrab

Get it digitally and read it on Comixology or Marvel. You know, over lunch
or right now because you aren't working that hard, bro!

Dat 21st century corporate office life. Still there are some lines even I won't cross.
Like not supporting my LCS.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is nu52 Demon Knights worth reading?

Absolutely. It's really fucking fun, and was one of the better New52 books prior to cancellation. Also, if you haven't already, check out Frankenstein.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Speaking of Jae Lee, this piece below is one of the most impressive pages I've seen. My only issue with it is Ma and Pa dying in a car accident. Not super feeling that, but it works for this specific instance.
layout.jpg

Okay, read JL3001 preview, and I'm pretty freaking confused. I'd read issue 15 last, which left things in... a rather dire place. Giffen's going to wrap that up, right?

Brudda tim, McCarthy just can't be inspired at this point. Working with Noccenti's and now Bunn has to do a number on your passion. I think it's the biggest misfire of this DC refresh. Should've just kept Parker on the book, he was doing solid work. It sucks because Aquaman looked to be poised for legitimacy with Johns, but then Dan Jurgens on The Others was a fucking disgrace. Blandest, boring piece of shit I've ever read. Ostrander had those brahs on point. Atlantis inspires and awes with a sense of wonder at such a young age. Why won't anyone tap into that?

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Yeah, the thing from outer Space :D
Fuck I want to read Watchmen and Before Watchmen now.

And holy fuck, Breaking Bad is about to end and shit is escelating
Hank knows now who Heisenberg is

tim1138

Brudda tim, McCarthy just can't be inspired at this point. Working with Noccenti's and now Bunn has to do a number on your passion. I think it's the biggest misfire of this DC refresh. Should've just kept Parker on the book, he was doing solid work. It sucks because Aquaman looked to be poised for legitimacy with Johns, but then Dan Jurgens on The Others was a fucking disgrace. Blandest, boring piece of shit I've ever read. Ostrander had those brahs on point. Atlantis inspires and awes with a sense of wonder at such a young age. Why won't anyone tap into that?

I agree with everything you've said here. If Ostrander was offered the Others and turned it down then the book should have died right there on the spot. Parker and Pelletier should have stayed on Aquaman for as long as they wanted, not forced out for Cullen Bunn and a tired "Arthur on the run from Atlantis" story.

It's the same as Amazon's. I've not ordered anywhere near the same volume from then but I've only had one major issue which was a book arriving with a huge tear along the front cover and the first 10-20 pages. They asked for pictures and sent out a replacement free of charge once I'd emailed them through.

Yep, everything is shipped seperately, in an envelope. I've been lucky enough to never get a book in bad condition though. iirc the last few trades I ordered there all arrived in perfect condition. It does take a while for the books to arrive. If you live in the US, it might take even longer. I'd recommend them, sometimes they're the cheapest option around for me.

I've never even ordered from IST. I saw Messi's last delivery, complete with giant box of packing peanuts, and decided that I am not about that life. Not even a little. I got stung by customs once on a couple of t-shirts, never again. Nothing's worth that hassle.

I would have to carry it home from the post office as well since anything bigger than a small letter just gets a "sorry we missed you" note to come and collect it. I don't wanna die, man!

I really want the D&D Princes of the Apocalypse book though. I might throw it in with my mic.
Thanks for all the help. I'll (hopefully) report my results soon.

Anyhow,
There is only SECRET WARS.
And Thor.
And Black Science.
And Injection.
They were all amazing and bonkers and all that. Weeks like these are why I read comics.

styl3s

I feel like the cover of Secret Wars #2 is made of like tracing paper and that its gonna rip off whenever i touch it.

Also, i want an entire run of
God Doom and this universe full of super villain kingdoms.
Also
Is that pit full of marvel zombies? and holy shit at that Thanos ending

I am completely biased because i am a huge Marvel fanboy but SW #1 and #2 are so fucking good that i went ahead and put all tie-ins on my pull list. Also, thanks for the recommendations from the other thread i picked up Superboy #1 and #2, Superman #1 and #2 and Adventures of Superman #1 and #2. Only read #1 of Superman and Superboy and thoroughly enjoyed both issues i am gonna dive into the rest later. Someone mentioned i should pick up a certain Green Arrow run but i couldn't remember what run it was but when i do find out and if its in trade ill order it off IST later.

Something that needs to be fixed on Comixology (at least on the desktop site) is how underneath "My Books" creators can sometimes be incorrect or incomplete. Duggan's not listed for Uncanny Avengers #4 (despite being listed on the product page) and Stacey Lee is listed for Silk #4 despite not doing the art for it (both in my books and product page).

I am completely biased because i am a huge Marvel fanboy but SW #1 and #2 are so fucking good that i went ahead and put all tie-ins on my pull list. Also, thanks for the recommendations from the other thread i picked up Superboy #1 and #2, Superman #1 and #2 and Adventures of Superman #1 and #2. Only read #1 of Superman and Superboy and thoroughly enjoyed both issues i am gonna dive into the rest later. Someone mentioned i should pick up a certain Green Arrow run but i couldn't remember what run it was but when i do find out and if its in trade ill order it off IST later.

Green Arrow Volume 4: The Kill Machine
Green Arrow Volume 5: The Outsider War
Green Arrow Volume 6: Broken

Also, did you get Superboy or Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes? Both are good but I'm curious.

fauxtrot

Banned
Fuck, I can't read F4 fast enough, and then I need to read NA/A before I can even start Secret Wars!

What have I been doing with my life...

styl3s

Green Arrow Volume 4: The Kill Machine
Green Arrow Volume 5: The Outsider War
Green Arrow Volume 6: Broken

Also, did you get Superboy or Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes? Both are good but I'm curious.
Just picked up Superboy.

Writing down Legion of Superheroes right now so ill remember to pick them up next week. Also, am i crazy for removing the digital code stickers on all my books? On all my marvel titles i redeem my codes on Marvel/comixology so i can let my nieces read and stuff and my buddy acts like i am a fucking maniac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom