• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up Superboy.

Writing down Legion of Superheroes right now so ill remember to pick them up next week. Also, am i crazy for removing the digital code stickers on all my books? On all my marvel titles i redeem my codes on Marvel/comixology so i can let my nieces read and stuff and my buddy acts like i am a fucking maniac

No you're not crazy. Those codes expire, even if its a few years in the future, so they're meant to be used. Your friend is probably in the mindset that you're "ruining the value" of the comics, but honestly, unless its some really special issue it's never going to be worth more than cover price so that's a non-issue.

Zombine

Banned
Zombine, I don't think writers having similar hair styles implies similar writing styles.

Grant Morrison didn't write this? I dunno...bald people all look the same to me.

For the longest time I thought Bendis ran DC, and Grant Morrison wrote Guardians of The Galaxy.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Am I wrong to assume that Dial H will be a wild ride like Doom Patrol? I'm getting wicked similar vibes.
It's wild as fuck, and definitely has that early 90s Vertigo feel a lot of the time, but I don't think it ever really gets as human as Doom Patrol. I think issue 13 is the closest, and is one of my Desert Island Issues, so at least get to that one.
E: Also glad more people are checking out Dial H. I thought it was a great first comic by China Mieville, and Ponticelli killed it on art.

Silk #4 was good. Stacey Lee's art was missed but Martello did a good job either way. Loved the random bits of dialogue from some big Marvel characters like
the Thing saying "It's slobberin time!" or JJJ saying "Go, be young."
Really makes me remember why I love the Marvel universe and why I put up with their bullshit.

fauxtrot

Banned
I haven't read Dial H (it's on my to do list) but I do like a lot of Mieville's books... do we know if he's planning on doing any more comics in the future?

Stacey Lee was on the cover for Silk, but she's not on the book at all.

Yeah I just noticed that too :/ Big shame that Marvel forgot to credit the actual artist! They did something similar for one of the filler issues on Superior Foes-- I don't think it had any of the creators listed on the front actually.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I haven't read Dial H (it's on my to do list) but I do like a lot of Mieville's books... do we know if he's planning on doing any more comics in the future?
Not that i've heard of, sadly. I'm going to hop into his books in a little, though, as I've heard good things.

fauxtrot

Banned
Not that i've heard of, sadly. I'm going to hop into his books in a little, though, as I've heard good things.

I started with Perdido Street Station and went on from there... he's a great writer with a lot of really wild ideas. I'm excited to see how the things he comes up with transfer over to a visual medium.

Filthy Slug

I started with Perdido Street Station and went on from there... he's a great writer with a lot of really wild ideas. I'm excited to see how the things he comes up with transfer over to a visual medium.

Cool, I'll start out with that one. It's always interesting when creators switch up mediums, and I'd be curious how you feel about the book -> comic transition.

Owzers

I started Unwritten vol 10 but my cares are mostly gone, I think i would have liked where its gone had it went there sooner. It reminds me of how i slowly dropped Fables except Unwritten never had the high point Fables did.

Filthy Slug

I started Unwritten vol 10 but my cares are mostly gone, I think i would have liked where its gone had it went there sooner. It reminds me of how i slowly dropped Fables except Unwritten never had the high point Fables did.

Agreed on Unwritten never reaching the incredible highs of Fables 1-75, and pretty your overall sentiment. But I do think certain single issues of Unwritten are pretty fucking brilliant, like Paulie's introduction.

Wait, so each Dredd comic is only 8 pages long?

Yeah, 2000 AD is anthology format. There's also the Judge Dredd Megazine but that's the same format, just with mostly Dredd-verse strips.

If you're new, maybe go with the Complete Case Files books. Start at Volume 5 as the early ones are mostly filler. Volume 5 has two fantastic stories in "Judge Death Lives!" and "The Apocalypse War", the latter is considered to be one of the best stories ever printed in 2000 AD. It ran every week for half a year because of the whole 8-pages-per-issue thing.

Tetrax was good at those

Rafa is like our Alonso

I'm the Jim Lee of ComicGAF. Consistently late and coasting on my early 90s glory for 20 years.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Secret Wars 2 was super dope.

BTW, anyone play Marvel Heroes 2015? Got a spare Scarlet Witch key for a comicsGAF member.

tim1138

That Supergirl trailer looks pretty good, light and cheerful and fun. The difference in tone between DCTV and DC movies is like night and day.

That Supergirl trailer looks pretty good, light and cheerful and fun. The difference in tone between DCTV and DC movies is like night and day.

Somebody pointed out that this is basically the Black Widow SNL skit but as a real thing and I haven't stopped laughing since.

I don't really watch TV (I cut the cord and replaced it with nothing, well I subbed to Netflix for a month for Daredevil but I lost interest) but I hope it does well.

tim1138

Somebody pointed out that this is basically the Black Widow SNL skit but as a real thing and I haven't stopped laughing since.

I don't really watch TV (I cut the cord and replaced it with nothing, well I subbed to Netflix for a month for Daredevil but I lost interest) but I hope it does well.

I haven't seen the skit, I honestly can't remember the last time I watched SNL.

It looks fun and I hope it does well.

Owzers

Agreed on Unwritten never reaching the incredible highs of Fables 1-75, and pretty your overall sentiment. But I do think certain single issues of Unwritten are pretty fucking brilliant, like Paulie's introduction.

I loved the first three trades, including that Paulie issue, then after that not so much. It even had time for a Fables crossover, though I skipped the trade because it seemed like a trap.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Agents of Shield finale...damn o_O

I think they basically set up season 3 to be
Secret Warrior / Secret Avengers (well, their take on it)

the turn around from season 1 to 2 on that show is ridiculous, good for them (and for us)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Agents of Shield finale...damn o_O

I think they basically set up season 3 to be
Secret Warrior / Secret Avengers (well, their take on it)

the turn around from season 1 to 2 on that show is ridiculous, good for them (and for us)
So thats why Marvel releases Secret Warriors Complete Collections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom