• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

styl3s

I'm still amazed that Toybiz made a boxset out of those versions of the characters.
Someone better put Thing on suicide watch

CY434Tv.jpg

Owzers

Is it bad that I would love to watch that movie if you just replace Thor and ultron with regular people? :(

only Ultron part i liked was the message in the burning building, so he could in theory go. I say squirrel girl for a roommate.

I'll watch the Supergirl show but i'm worried the bubbly atmosphere will be ruined by bland plotlines. The brief interactions she had with the military guy was brutal. "Just make sure you win!" or something after previously saying they didn't want an alien on the team. I'm done with no-nonsense gruff people in tv shows, the cop father on Arrow is the worst.

PsychBat!

Banned
So I'm two minutes in that Supergirl trailer and I'm just thinking... is this a sitcom?

EDIT: Even after saving the plane, is this a sitcom?

She-Hulk still there, "Jenny from the Block(That She Lifts Cuz She's like, Super-Strong and Junk?)" Netflix show confirmed

yes that is the full title, parenthetical included

Zombine

Banned
How come Night Nurse only gets a "great" first issue? What gives Marvel? Spider-Man get hype shit in the 70s like "AMAZING!!!!!! ISSUE!" And for Night Nurse they're like "It's iight I guess..." right on the cover.

Weird, he told me it was delayed. Maybe not. It was meant to be out last week and got delayed then Amazon changed to the end of June and he told me it was delayed for shipping reasons.

He also says it is odd because he has had his copies at cons for the past few weeks. I can't find the complete version on comixology but previewsworld says it releases today. Odd.

Storm cover this week is amazing. Might pick it up when it ends.

Edit: it's on instocktrades for 28, so it must be out.

Stephanie Hans is real good at drawing good

Zombine

Banned
Wait though...I just watched that trailer for Supergirl and it looks great. I'm not gonna sit here and act like the OT does with everything. It's more great TV to watch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Doom's wife and Fearful Four member in House of M is called Valeria. Was there a Valeria in 616 from which Doom named Reed's kid after?

Trailer was mixed for me. I'll watch the pilot at the very least.

Parts of the trailer were good, just the way it was cut and the music made it look so damn generic. Apparently the person scoring the music is the same as arrow/flash so I'm doubting the music in the trailer is in the show.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That Mother Box twitter account may be the best part of twitter right now.

Messi

Read two of those DC previews, hated everything about Batmite and Bizarro was somewhat charming but in the end not something I think I would enjoy reading.

I think Ribic's drawing of
The Galactus Sentinel
is my single favorite panel of comics in the history of the medium. It's framed immaculately, the design is incredible, the level of detail is staggering.
And it sets up that incredible moment of acting when Franklin waves
. It's Quitely-rare that an artist can be this perfect at every aspect of art. Lots of artists can draw great environments but can't have their characs act for shit. Lots of other artists can have expressive characs out the waz but can't draw a car for shit.

Esad Ribic at this point is second only to Frank Quitely. He's that good now.

Injection was great, have no idea what's going on with the story but the art alone makes it worth it. Secret Wars 2 was a fantastic kickoff to Battleworld. I wish I could read some of the tie-ins but I don't think I'll make it that far seeing as that Supergirl trailer made me die on the inside and now I'm just waiting for my physical husk to wither away.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fashioned an armor out of her skin, mind.

when someone sed that doom fluctuates from pragmatical genius to men's rights activist depending on writer? they wuznt joking.

Good lord o_O is that 616?

Squire

Banned
just finished Secret Avengers.

what a trippy, charming story.

definitely a must-read for fans of Hawkeye & Superior Foes of Spiderman.

Is it the Nick Spencer series? Tyrant talks up Hawkeye, Superior Foes and Spencer's Ant-Man pretty often. I see Spencer helped out Hickman on a few issues of Avengers too and I've been wanting to check out SA, anyway.

rip Fraction on twitter more generally, he was the funniest comics twitter guy

"GREAT NEWS: DARKSEID GAVE THE KOALAS AIDS"

"ASK YOURSELF: DOES FINDING THAT FUNNY MAKE YOU PRO-AIDS OR ANTI-KOALA? ALL IS A CONUNDRUM IN ANTILIFE."

"ADMITTEDLY SOME OF YOU MAY BE BOTH PRO-AIDS *AND* ANTI-KOALA. YOU SHALL RISE SWIFTLY THROUGH DARKSEID'S AWFUL LEGIONS OF THE VILE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom