• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it the Nick Spencer series? Tyrant talks up Hawkeye, Superior Foes and Spencer's Ant-Man pretty often. I see Spencer helped out Hickman on a few issues of Avengers too and I've been wanting to check out SA, anyway.

I think he was talking about the recent series by Ales Kot

Messi

Unsurprisingly, I loved Prez and will be picking that up. Such a stupid idea for a book but I like the way it's unfolded so far.

NexusCell

Good lord o_O is that 616?

Waid writes a really, really, really good Mr. Fantastic.

Doom? Not so much.

I think he admitted that he hates the fanbase that Doom has gotten over the years and wanted to return Doom to an actual bad guy then a anti-hero or such.

Unfortunately it turns out that a majority of F4 fans are also Doom fans, so it didn't really catch on. Not to mention how Doom is now the literal equivalent to God at the moment.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
"GREAT NEWS: DARKSEID GAVE THE KOALAS AIDS"

"ASK YOURSELF: DOES FINDING THAT FUNNY MAKE YOU PRO-AIDS OR ANTI-KOALA? ALL IS A CONUNDRUM IN ANTILIFE."

"ADMITTEDLY SOME OF YOU MAY BE BOTH PRO-AIDS *AND* ANTI-KOALA. YOU SHALL RISE SWIFTLY THROUGH DARKSEID'S AWFUL LEGIONS OF THE VILE"

That account is all I want from twitter. Holy shit.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Is it the Nick Spencer series? Tyrant talks up Hawkeye, Superior Foes and Spencer's Ant-Man pretty often. I see Spencer helped out Hickman on a few issues of Avengers too and I've been wanting to check out SA, anyway.

Ales Kot, actually. It's definitely in the vein of those first 2 books (haven't read Ant-Man yet.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
X-factor's Layla "I know things" Miller is in House of M, which was a summer 2005 event. X-Factor started in December 2005 so aparently she's a House of M creation not X-Factor, interesting. And if she's actually a remnant from the House of M alternate world that's even more interesting

Boogiepop

Real talk: my only actual knowledge of House of M is still just what I got out of those old Floating Hands animations (also, it's totally lame that that guy didn't keep up with those and only ever made a few. I remember really liking those even when I wasn't heavy into comics...)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
House of M was good.

I've been loving it. Some of the tie-ins are lame but the main book and some tie-ins like Fantastic Four are excellent

I'm not sure I want to read Avengers Disassembled but I would like to read the issue where Wanda kills Vision and Hawkeye, does anyone happen to know what that issue was?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i just got done reading the winter soldier 8

i hope theres an artbook coming out with some of the art in this series, because it was amazing this week

I've been loving it. Some of the tie-ins are lame but the main book and some tie-ins like Fantastic Four are excellent

I'm not sure I want to read Avengers Disassembled but I would like to read the issue where Wanda kills Vision and Hawkeye, does anyone happen to know what that issue was?

Avengers 500-503 (2004)

Rhaknar

Avengers 500-503 (2004)

1386799604835.gif

Edit: Avengers 500

Pym: "Tony what's wrong with you?"
Tony: "Leave me alone, don't you have a wife to beat?"

mvwmAf1.jpg

Edit: holy shit Avengers 500 was awesome :eek: Also, add another to the ripped in half list

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Just started Priest's Black Panther on MU. My only prior experience with him was when Shuri took over and Hickman's stuff, so this is so different. And super great so far. And it's funny!

Now I really hope Martin Freeman is Everett K. Ross.

Secret Wars #2: This issue was good, but it's all about outlining the status quo of Battleworld. Doesn't really kick off until the additions at the end.

6F8otWD.jpg

Mighty Avengers #8: Luke Cage gets the best summation of the Illuminati yet. (Remember, he doesn't know BP in on the team.) Blue Marvel gets to tell Reed the truth straight.

sj8ddUz.jpg

Convergence #6: We're ending up with good DC universes vs. asshole DC universes? Okay. (No, the new 52 isn't involved.)

Thor #8: So now we know who Thor is. No who anyone expected and a bit of an odd choice.

Tf7HM4m.jpg

d5R0gaX.jpg

What does a hammer do in its free time?

Convergence Minis: Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Rhaknar

Yo... Wanda's crazy :eek:

Really liked Avengers 500-504, even if Bendis gets incredibly long winded and corny at times. Anyway, back to House of M

Squire

Banned
Halfway through Infinity now.

I could see why some wouldn't be into it, but damn man, this is my shit. Hickman is the truth.

I kinda wanna get the hardcover afterward. I have a hard time believing this won't be the basis for Infinity War 1+2 and while it'll be a cold day in hell before the MCU could do all of this justice, I still want the book on hand to re-read prior.

Sblargh

Banned

Recently I read the Son of M epilogue to House of M featuring Quicksilver (thanks to Marvel Unlimited recomendations thingie) and I recommend it very much.

Rhaknar

Recently I read the Son of M epilogue to House of M featuring Quicksilver (thanks to Marvel Unlimited recomendations thingie) and I recommend it very much.

That's one of the books that was released long after House of M correct? I belive there's two?

Sblargh

Banned
That's one of the books that was released long after House of M correct? I belive there's two?

Oh, maybe. But I've read some quicksilver stuff recently (don't remember what book, possibly X-Factor) and they reference this mini quite a bit.

It's also important because of Avengers: The Children Crusade which does a healthy retcon of Disassembled.

Rhaknar

Oh, maybe. But I've read some quicksilver stuff recently (don't remember what book, possibly X-Factor) and they reference this mini quite a bit.

It's also important because of Avengers: The Children Crusade which does a healthy retcon of Disassembled.

That's what I need to read to understand how wiccan was not, in fact, erased?

Rhaknar

Was someone trying to erase my boy Wiccan?

In Avengers Disassembled they say her kids weren't real, she just conjured them because she's cookoo, so her magic teacher erased them and made her forget...

...because that's what you want to do to a stupid powerful magic user that is obviously mentally unstable enough to conjure 2 sons because she can't have any, you take them away. No harm could come from that.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
In Avengers Disassembled they say her kids weren't real, she just conjured them because she's cookoo, so her magic teacher erased them and made her forget...

...because that's what you want to do to a stupid powerful magic user that is obviously mentally unstable enough to conjure 2 sons because she can't have any, you take them away. No harm could come from that.

Oh, sure. That is one of the worst ideas in comics. Right after trading your marriage to your loving (and smoking hot) wife to save your elderly Aunt.

Rhaknar

Wanda is crazy tho... why exactly do they keep giving her chances again?

You would think by the 10th time she turns evil on them, they would go "you know maybe we don't let Wanda back on the team"

zennyzz

Don't forget giving birth to yourself after being impregnated by the spider queen

Or the original love of your life cheating on you and having twins

zennyzz

You would think by the 10th time she turns evil on them, they would go "you know maybe we don't let Wanda back on the team"

Disassembled is the first time she ever went crazy under her own perogative. She's been possessed and mind controlled before... but everybody has

HoM is the only time she goes beyond far, and even then it was due to other people taking advantage of Wanda not being particularly sane,

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

It might be the best idea to keep her around so that they can keep an eye on her. But it is kind of the "why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker?" kind of argument. A good choice for logic, but shuts off a lot of storytelling options.

Don't forget giving birth to yourself after being impregnated by the spider queen

Or the original love of your life cheating on you and having twins

That last one is a bad idea on a whole other level. I think we'd all be better off pretending that never happened.

Neoxon

Seriously... That is the most mind blowing thing.

They couldn't fit a few guardians in there while they were at it?
The Guardians as we know them today didn't exist back then. You could probably get one of Yondu, but that's it.

I hate what Bendis did to her. All the Wanda is crazy stuff was really driven by him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom