• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
While at the comic shop yesterday, I think everyone was in agreement that Cullen Bunn is turning into the ruiner of comics. How is he allowed to write so many books that are mediocre? Like, people were saying Woods Moon Knight looked good compared to Bunns stuff. Also, the Aquaman preview sucked. I dropped that yesterday.

While at the comic shop yesterday, I think everyone was in agreement that Cullen Bunn is turning into the ruiner of comics. How is he allowed to write so many books that are mediocre? Like, people were saying Woods Moon Knight looked good compared to Bunns stuff. Also, the Aquaman preview sucked. I dropped that yesterday.

Sixth Gun is still amazing. And his Magneto is good, if a little one note. I certainly wouldn't call him a ruiner of comics just because those two books exist. You'd have to be more consistently terrible to earn that name.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They started as business partners. I'm sure Walt thought he was treating him like a son, but at every turn he manipulated him into murder or actively demolished things in his life he cared about. If he really cared about anyone in his life, once his business started impacting them negatively, he could and would have stopped.
Thats true.
For everytime, he really really cared for Jesse he did something bad.

Just got confirmation that Stray Bullets: Sunshine and Roses #4 is, in fact, the only comic coming out next week

adjust your pullist accordingly

Thats true.
For everytime, he really really cared for Jesse he did something bad.

I don't believe he ever really cared about him. The only honest thing ever said was to Skyler in the finale. Everything else, literally, was some level of manipulation.

Remember, he didn't even show up to Jack's to rescue Jesse, he was there to kill him too. In the final moment, it can even be argued that he saved him so that he wouldn't have to kill himself. Jesse finally wins by finally denying him what he wants.

And that's what victory looks like when you work with Walter White. Congratulations. You resisted the urge to shoot someone in the face who destroyed everything you care about.

It legit boggles my mind that anyone ever rooted for that human garbage after season two.

tim1138

Sixth Gun is still amazing. And his Magneto is good, if a little one note. I certainly wouldn't call him a ruiner of comics just because those two books exist. You'd have to be more consistently terrible to earn that name.

I'm not a huge fan of Bunn but I'll vouch for Magneto and the Terrible Lizard mini he did for Oni wasn't had bad either.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I don't believe he ever really cared about him. The only honest thing ever said was to Skyler in the finale. Everything else, literally, was some level of manipulation.

Remember, he didn't even show up to Jack's to rescue Jesse, he was there to kill him too. In the final moment, it can even be argued that he saved him so that he wouldn't have to kill himself. Jesse finally wins by finally denying him what he wants.

And that's what victory looks like when you work with Walter White. Congratulations. You resisted the urge to shoot someone in the face who destroyed everything you care about.

It legit boggles my mind that anyone ever rooted for that human garbage after season two.

I actually did...

I kinda blames the chemo for the most... The doc in the first season said, that the chemo changes your personality extreme.

The only thing I really consider as Walthers problem is that he reacts far to exteme when other people claims the honor for his work.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
A-Force #1. Not sure how much of a role Carol will actually play in it since I don't think she's currently mentioned as part of the main team.

Nice, I was planning on picking that up regardless... and if that's the case, I actually don't mind Carol being absent as to allow some lesser known female heroes to shine.

A-Force. Secret Wars tie in that's also becoming a post Secret Wars book.

Starring: She-Hulk, Medusa, Nico, Dazzler and a new character named Singularity

what a great line-up

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I honestly have no clue what whatsapp is, but I literally cannot install anything on my work PC.

It's a super simple and great phone app. Just lets group conversations go and is free the first year, and then like .99 after.

But tell me if y'all come to any sort of agreement.

yo, can anyone help me get an avy of this

P9btWxk.png
Xi9Wdvy.png

I actually did...

I kinda blames the chemo for the most... The doc in the first season said, that the chemo changes your personality extreme.

The only thing I really consider as Walthers problem is that he reacts far to exteme when other people claims the honor for his work.

>shrug<

People have Scarface posters. What can I tell you. What if Scarface was a 70 hour long movie, showing all the in between and collateral of the "cool parts"?

That's Breaking Bad.

Ohnonono

When does A-Force start releasing? I think the only thing in my box this week will be SW#2, but man I really want some of these tie ins to start.

the latter, though I tried hosting the pics put there and they were too big byte wise.

I just futzed around with it a bit and it looks like its losing a transparency later along the way. Let me try something.

Try saving and uploading this one: Should be just below the threshold for size.

EXQLSje.png

It's more of we were rooting for Walter to overcome the evil drug lords throughout Breaking Bad. Sort of like a lesser of two evils kinda thing. I'd say the final two seasons was where we were now suppose to despise him since he started to adopt his new drug lord status. Reminds me of how everyone rooted for Light in Death Note
until he killed L.

Li Kao

Hmm, a little question about Secret Wars. I haven't really followed the announcements and didn't read the first issues, but if I understand correctly, we are talking about a Crisis reboot. So, do you think the few big titles that are not under the Secret Wars umbrella will be rebooted ? Things like ASM, Daredevil etc...
Sorry if the question seems stupid.

Sblargh

Banned
Hmm, a little question about Secret Wars. I haven't really followed the announcements and didn't read the first issues, but if I understand correctly, we are talking about a Crisis reboot. So, do you think the few big titles that are not under the Secret Wars umbrella will be rebooted ? Things like ASM, Daredevil etc...

Nobody knows for sure, afaik; but I still don't see it a reboot happening.

As of this moment it's not actually a reboot. Things may change, in the future, but right now its more like a "NOTHING WILL NEVER BE THE SAME" situation where they may toss up the status quo post Secret Wars. There aren't any titles besides Secret Wars or Secret War tie ins, at the moment, and not very much has been confirmed to be returning just yet, outside of a few comments from creators like Ms. Wilson, who said Ms. Marvel will be returning [in some form].

mreddie

Still up in the air. Waid Daredevil I believe is ending and ASM is a wild card. Also, Squirrel Girl, Silk, Moon Knight and other titles likely take place months before the incursion unless otherwise. Likely there might not be a reboot unless otherwise. A soft one at best.

Mudcrab

It's not stupid at all. Marvel is being purposefully ambiguous and even people who follow comics daily still have no idea.

The only answer we can honestly give is 'ask again in a few months'.

He had one good story to tell in The Sixth Gun. Why can't these editors see that?

Li Kao

Yeah I may have used a pretty big word here, as publishers like to hyperbole an event to finally release something not so groundbreaking. I suppose it would be more accurate to think of this as a new mix and not a new dish, if I may say so.
Thing is, I have been struggling to get back into comics, and the last series my OCD isn't cool to skip over are Daredevil and Spidey. If we get a new #1 or a nice jumping on point I could see myself letting go of the issues I haven't read.

@Mudcrab - This is my exactly my problem, I understand that Marvel doesn't want to give away to much plot-wise, but things like Silk, etc, that are quite recent. As a returning reader I have no idea if these titles will last a few months.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

He's the Khoi Pham of writing. If a book you read gets Bunn'd, drop that shit immediately and never look back.

Messi

His Magneto is fantastic

SoilBreak

Banned
Think he's a very hit or miss writer but in my opinion, I think Magneto, Sinestro & Sixth Gun are genuinely good comics. Shit, I like what I saw in Lost army too.

Messi

That Green Lantern preview with John Stewart was cool. Nice art. What book do I need to get to keep reading. I've never read Green Lantern before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom