• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Avengers #21 hit me in the feels. I thought
T'challa was going to use the device at first. Glad he didn't. Nice of his ancestors to disown him.

fauxtrot

Banned
Hickman is a genius, guys. Just read a few more F4 issues last night (I think I got to #586) and I loved Valeria's interaction with
Dr. Doom when she finds the Bridge and goes to him for assistance
. Also,
future Valeria and Franklin
are badass... that last scene
where the world around them is disintegrating
was pure magic.

Can anyone tell me why Doom
has lost his intelligence
? That wasn't very thoroughly explained.

Can anyone tell me why Doom
has lost his intelligence
? That wasn't very thoroughly explained.

That happened in the
Fall of the Hulks event. A group of supervillians kidnapped the eight most intelligent men on Earth 616 (Reed, Stark, Doom, Banner, Panther, Beast (for some reason), Pym and Amadeus Cho IIRC).

At the end of the event Banner intentionally gave Doom brain damage.

ReAxion

All this talk of ribs is testing my vegetarianism. Jerks.

8M2dOlS.jpg

zennyzz

Uh, why is Reed and Susan's daughter living with Dr Doom?

If you didn't know. Valeria was originally an Alt Doom and Susan's daughter who became Reed and Susan's daughter in 616.

Doom was the person who saved Susan and valeria when she was pregnant with her due to child birth demonic stuff and named her after his former love.

They have a rather close bond, Doom and Val

Comicbooks

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Uh, why is Reed and Susan's daughter living with Dr Doom?

he is her uncle

190584_original.jpg

the long story:

Valeria Richards, the second child of Mister Fantastic and the Invisible Woman, had a difficult and circuitous entry into the world. Conceived in the Negative Zone, when the unborn infant approached term she began to emit bursts of deadly radiation that threatened both mother and child. Despite bringing in fellow scientists and radiation experts, Reed Richards was unable to save his daughter, who appeared to be stillborn.

Appearances can be deceiving. Franklin Richards, the couple's first child, felt a deep loss over the sister he would have had. He secretly used his vast psionic powers to transport her to an alternate reality.

After Franklin's cosmic powers were depleted during a battle to save all reality, Valeria reverted to an unborn child within Sue's womb.

Sue soon came to term, but her life was again threatened by bursts of radiation from the child within her. With Mr. Fantastic captured by the Hidden Ones, the Human Torch desperately sought the aid of Dr. Doom; Doom successfully used a combination of science and sorcery to safely deliver the infant, and in return was allowed to name her.

mreddie

Silk #4: The breather issue. Cindy is finding herself in the insanity of MU. Not a bad issue.

Ms. Marvel #15: Can Miyazawa stay as the artist? Please? It really looks like a visual representation of a demanding asshole boyfriend but Kamala kicks his ass, kicks Kaboom's ass and kicks Linage's ass. Basically a upbeat issue. Fitting considering the next arc.

Zombine

Banned
All this talk of ribs is testing my vegetarianism. Jerks.

Fair warning: I did that whole, "I'm a vegetarian hipster" thing for 3 years, and it ended up fucking me up royally. Eventually your hair (as a dude) is going to start thinning, you'll lose your color, and eventually you'll become a hot mess. That whole "save the chickens" thing is bull crap, and once you realize that nothing you do is going to save the animals or whatever, and that we should really be putting pressure on the government to outlaw certain antibiotics and focus on humanely culling the animal population and only eating fish low in Mercury/chicken raised via free roam you'll be a happier individual.

Fair warning: I did that whole, "I'm a vegetarian hipster" thing for 3 years, and it ended up fucking me up royally. Eventually your hair (as a dude) is going to start thinning, you'll lose your color, and eventually you'll become a hot mess. That whole "save the chickens" thing is bull crap, and once you realize that nothing you do is going to save the animals or whatever, and that we should really be putting pressure on the government to outlaw certain antibiotics and focus on humanely culling the animal population and only eating fish low in Mercury/chicken raised via free roam you'll be a happier individual.

I eat animals to gain their courage. Their rich, tasty courage.

fauxtrot

Banned

I've been vegetarian for a long, long time and as long as you work with someone knowledgeable in nutrition and actually do what they recommend, you can be as healthy as anyone else. I take the proper supplements with the proper meals to make sure the things I am not getting from my food (notably: iron & B12) are absorbed and utilized.

I feel like this is more important than ever, being a Northern Californian facing a major drought... I've never done it to "save the animals", it's always been about "we're fucking our environment over and using most of our clean water on animal farming".

Zombine

Banned
I've been vegetarian for a long, long time and as long as you work with someone knowledgeable in nutrition and actually do what they recommend, you can be as healthy as anyone else. I take the proper supplements with the proper meals to make sure the things I am not getting from my food (notably: iron & B12) are absorbed and utilized.

I feel like this is more important than ever, being a Northern Californian facing a major drought... I've never done it to "save the animals", it's always been about "we're fucking our environment over and using most of our clean water on animal farming".

Eh, at least that makes sense in your case. Most people do it because some girl or guy told them to. Only problem is that it's like the blind leading the blind.

Generally speaking, I still take the vegetarian option if it's available and I still eat Morning Star food because I enjoy it, but you will never see me turn down Chicken Parm ever. I love having options and making the healthy choice because it's my decision, not because it's the corner I've been forced into.

Also, fuck yeah. Starburst. Real vetarians can't eat them.

fauxtrot

Banned
Eh, at least that makes sense in your case. Most people do it because some girl or guy told them to. Only problem is that it's like the blind leading the blind.

Generally speaking, I still take the vegetarian option if it's available and I still eat Morning Star food because I enjoy it, but you will never see me turn down Chicken Parm ever

To be fair, I also don't let food go to waste (unless it's scraps that are going into my compost) and will eat the occasional meat dish if someone is going to throw it away.

Yes, I'm a bit crunchy. No, I don't smell like patchouli.

edit - I'd recommend reading Diet for a Small Planet by Frances Moore Lappé and Eating Animals, by Jonathan Safran Foer to anyone interested in this kind of stuff.

giphy.gif

Nah, that's pretty respectable.

Zombine

Banned
I'm under the assumption that the future of California will be like the new Mad Max movie.

I think I'll move next door to GH instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you mean to say is that in some universes, valeria's father is Doom, right?

pretty sure 616 val is straight up Sue & Reed's kid in the current timeline.

but you said uncle and thats just what she calls him. At most he would be godfather but I doub the Richards would make that official

Boogiepop

Eh, I've been vegetarian for a long, long time and every time I go to the doctors I get a clean bill of health. Also not the "this is saving the animals and this must be done" type, though. I just never liked the taste of meat and eventually my childhood self couldn't take the idea of eating what was once a living creature, and I never turned back or had second thoughts. Not pushy though, do what you want and eat what you want, and I'll do the same.

Though the one thing I will say, is that I totally was not as careful a vegetarian as I could've been until recently. Knew about gelatin for forever, but let me say: screw rennet, and the way that for whatever reason it doesn't need to be marked on an ingredient list if it's making the cheese stuff in things non-vegetarian or not. That's been making me grumpy (enough that I've half considered making a rant thread a few times since I found that out), since now anything with cheese requires me to go out and do research on info that may not be properly documented anywhere. Bleh.

/end random vegetarian rant

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I pretty much eat vegetarian except for when my mom decides to cook chicken, then I'll eat that.
I live off of eggs. I could never, ever go vegan because of that. Gotta have my eggs.

Ribs b good. Roasting a whole infant pig is better. Using BBQ sauce should net one the death penalty. Southern Bastards is legit excellent.

And Val+Vic is the best thing to have ever happened to the F4.

Throughout january and february 2015 i susbsisted on a 95% egg diet. 15 a day. Erry day.

Zombine

Banned
Seemed like a really, really nice guy at SDCC when I saw him with my friends a few years ago. It's terrible what happened to his wife, you could tell they were inseparable.

He is definitely someone I look up to. They guy just oozes charm. I'm glad he was nice.

But dudes...did I fuck up not buying this Wednesday?

Spider-Gwen_Vol_1_3_Putri_Variant.jpg

I feel like I did...

And Val+Vic is the best thing to have ever happened to the F4.

I feel that the next time that the Fantastic Four movies are gonna get rebooted, they need to have the kids right out of the gate, even in the first movie. Like, have Reed and Sue be parents even before they get the powers, or whatever, just make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom