• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just caught a Exiles House of M tie-in, I forgot this book existed. I remember liking the few I read back in the day (since I'm a suckered for alternate reality stuff)

So comicGAF I'd like to do a game of sorts. For a month or so I've been trying to determine from people's comic book opinions who's taste closest aligned with myself.

I think mine is a mix of SpiderJerusalem and Tim.

What say you?

Zombine

Banned
So comicGAF I'd like to do a game of sorts. For a month or so I've been trying to determine from people's comic book opinions who's taste closest aligned with myself.

What say you?

I would like to play this game. Primarily because I read way more than I talk about and my taste is pretty eclectic.

Bii

What say you?

Let's play. What I like can beat up what you like.

I would like to play this game. Primarily because I read way more than I talk about and my taste is pretty eclectic.
I also considered you for your reading of the walking dead (which I have since the beginning) and some other snippets that peak out.

I picked Spider because I get the sense he's another long time comic reader that is familiar with some of my "older" callbacks of series. Like OG girly hijinks SiP #brofist, books like Transmet, kabuki, etc

Similar for Tim but on other types of books but a mix of all types of books and product lines. Not just a marvel only focused or Dc only focused reader

JC is a candidate but he's been banned too long I forget what books he loves outside Stray Bullets (which is awesome) and his deep comic lore knowledge

Prepare your wallets.
Oh no. I'm such a CMX whale :(

I also considered you for your reading of the walking dead (which I have since the beginning) and some other snippets that peak out.

I picked Spider because I get the sense he's another long time comic reader that is familiar with some of my "older" callbacks of series. Like OG girly hijinks SiP #brofist, books like Transmet, kabuki, etc

Similar for Tim but on other types of books but a mix of all types of books and product lines. Not just a marvel only focused or Dc only focused reader

JC is a candidate but he's been banned too long I forget what books he loves outside Stray Bullets (which is awesome) and his deep comic lore knowledge

ahaha some reason that reminds me at my video store I used to work at there were these two girls I called my filthy assistants. They loved it (they used to borrowsteal my SiP and Transmets) and always wierded out customers, was fun

ahaha some reason that reminds me at my video store I used to work at there were these two girls I called my filthy assistants. They loved it (they used to borrowsteal my SiP and Transmets) and always wierded out customers, was fun
Awesome. Man I'm in need of a Transmet re read. It's been so long

Yes kids, there was a time when Ellis actually wrote a series that lasted 60 issues. Not 6. But 6 0

tim1138

This is a pretty interesting thought.

There's people like you, JC, and Kipp that I share a lot of similar tastes with, but the most similar to me is obviously Filthy Slug. We have near identical tastes, it's kind of uncanny.

tim1138

Awesome. Man I'm in need of a Transmet re read. It's been so long

Yes kids, there was a time when Ellis actually wrote a series that lasted 60 issues. Not 6. But 6 0

I re-read Transmet a couple months ago, I'm probably gonna get those Absolute editions.

Was under the impression that everybody here has read Transmet.

Was under the impression that everybody here has read almost everything Ellis, tbqh.

I mean, why wouldn't you? Why would you do something like that? Fuck is wrong with you?

Vibranium

Banned
I would pay $100 a year for a CMX sub that includes some sort of discount structure. Just putting that out there.

I would get Marvel Unlimited if they offered an additional subscription for a number of monthly/weekly releases of new comics. Thought about suggesting that to Brevoort.

I re-read Transmet a couple months ago, I'm probably gonna get those Absolute editions.
How many will there be? I'd imagine what 5?

I've been pondering what absolute editions I'd want these days. Probably the one that intrigues me the most is Promethea. It bums me out that one of them is OOP. I bet that looks amazing in the big format

Speaking of J.H Williams III how amazing would an absolute Batwoman edition be? Start with 'Tec and do his run

WEGGLES

Absolutely fantastic on every single level.

Just about as good as LH. A few shortcomings compared too but a great book.

Edit - new page 3x in a row now. Lol.

Fuck yeah it is.

It's great

I strongly recommend it.

Absolutely. If you love raw ass redneck stories about football, ribs, and revenge. Jason Aaron is at his best when he can throw himself into a specific population of people and circumstances--like in Scalped--and create a fucking intense shitstorm of events.

You like ribs?

Noted!

It's only the 2 TPBs right? 8 issues and done? I need to pick up a long box, so I'll grab this too. My girlfriend is sick of all the nighttable drawers being full of comics.

Messi

What say you?

This is easy for me. Freezasaurus and Cheska.

Works great for me. I love owning the pages with no intent to profit off of them.

Absolutely. It is great for people who just want to own pages. Got one arriving tomorrow infact.

tim1138

How many will there be? I'd imagine what 5?

I've been pondering what absolute editions I'd want these days. Probably the one that intrigues me the most is Promethea. It bums me out that one of them is OOP. I bet that looks amazing in the big format

Speaking of J.H Williams III how amazing would an absolute Batwoman edition be? Start with 'Tec and do his run

I think only three? The first one is the first eighteen issues, plus I Hate it Here, and the story from Winter's Edge.

Vibranium

Banned

What say you?

Birdie was a big fan of Winter Soldier and also Latour/Klein's awesome run like me so there is that. NTGYK and I both really like Punisher but I dropped Edmondson's run because I've had enough and I'd like to see someone more like Rucka or Ennis on the title.

Quite a few people here love Rat Queens, Deadly Class, Velvet and Invincible like me so there is that too. I wish I shared more titles with Messi or Frezza, I'll pick up Harley one day for Suicide Squad hype.

On one hand

Black Widow: The Tightly Tangled Web is pretty damn solid. Gohgeous Noto art, efficient writing, globetrotting scope.

On the other hand, every time Nat uses violence to extract info from someone, i remember how much of a creepy fuck Edmonson is. Hrm.

Also lol at Bucky having a raging boner for nat.

On one hand

Black Widow: The Tightly Tangled Web is pretty damn solid. Gohgeous Noto art, efficient writing, globetrotting scope.

On the other hand, every time Nat uses violence to extract info from someone, i remember how much of a creepy fuck Edmonson is. Hrm.

Also lol at Bucky having a raging boner for nat.
The Bucky and BW relationship was so great. Damn you marvel for ruining it!

which tie-ins are you in for? So far i'm picking up Secret Wars monthly, Siege for my tie-in, and then the rest MU.

Oh boy, shame post incoming. What in the hell am I thinking?

Last Days of Black Widow
Last Days of the Punisher
Howard the Human
Age of Apocalypse
Amazing Spider-Man
Battleworld
Thors
Ultimate End

My comic tastes align with whoever is the biggest BKV fanboy on here.

And speaking of Atomic Robo... all the published volumes are up to on their website (atomic-robo.com) to be read at your leisure, for free. The stories aren't generally told in order, so each volume is fairly self-contained, with the exception of volumes 7, 8, and 9, which should be read in order. So other than that, you can start reading wherever. And you should, because the new material starts going up this week.

Get hype!

And speaking of Atomic Robo... all the published volumes are up to on their website (atomic-robo.com) to be read at your leisure, for free. The stories aren't generally told in order, so each volume is fairly self-contained, with the exception of volumes 7, 8, and 9, which should be read in order. So other than that, you can start reading wherever. And you should, because the new material starts going up this week.

Get hype!
Everyone should read these. Each series jumps around with different themes, setting, etc but it's always a joy to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom