• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'll have to watch them. It's just that the "12 things you didnt know about mad max" on Kotaku highlighted scenes that didn't look very desert-y.

Had exactly the same feeling after watching the Trailer for the first Mad Max. Looked not even like Post-Apocalyptic.

Should maybe open my Mad Max Trilogy Set today (maybe not when neither my Fantastic Four Omnibus nor Wolfenstein arrives...)

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo, I could totally go for a Mad Max comic based on Humungous. He may be one of the all-time great characters.

Messi

It seems like I hurt rakhir's feelings. Dude just sent me a pm:

If you really thought I was serious...I don't know what to tell you. I think had you not been avoiding comic OT's you'd recognize who is joking and that we're all good company here.

What did you do to offend him? Fucking hell Zombeen

Zombine

Banned
What did you do to offend him? Fucking hell Zombeen

Made a joke about the Avengers reading order??? Lol wasn't even directed toward that person. It's just something I find funny. But to PM me with some snarky "thank you" is pretty lame and is insulting to all of us.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
The Road Warrior most definitely still holds up!

I wish I could agree with you. There's barely a plot, and the acting is hilariously awful, and the overall movie is just kind of bad. The fucking sets and costumes, though, are rad. That said, I do still think everybody should watch it to appreciate Mad Max 3 more.

Also, this fucking kid:
tumblr_lhoxkcMINA1qdezf9o1_400.gif

Tizoc

First two are barely watchable, my dude. Mad Max 3, however, holds up damn well. Also, i'm fucking excited about Fury Road.

IMO Mad Max 2>1=3

I kinda liked 1 and 2 more than 3, though 3 has its moments.
At the very least watch Mad Max 2 then get into dat Fury Road.

I wish I could agree with you. There's barely a plot, and the acting is hilariously awful, and the overall movie is just kind of bad. The fucking sets and costumes, though, are rad. That said, I do still think everybody should watch it to appreciate Mad Max 3 more.

Also, this fucking kid:
tumblr_lhoxkcMINA1qdezf9o1_400.gif

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh not all movies are watched for their plot.
Heck Mad Max 2's plot is simple: Max needs gasoline, gets roped up in a battle between Lord Humungus and people who have an oil refinery.

tim1138

My memories of the original Mad Max movies are firmly entrenched in the past and watching them with my Dad as a kid. They are so awesome in my mind that I refuse to rewatch them and be let down. It's the same with David Lynch's Dune movie, I know that it wasn't good, but I have such fond memories of watching it with my dad when I was like 8 years old that it forever gets a pass.

Filthy Slug

IMO Mad Max 2>1=3

I kinda liked 1 and 2 more than 3, though 3 has its moments.
At the very least watch Mad Max 2 then get into dat Fury Road.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh not all movies are watched for their plot.
Heck Mad Max 2's plot is simple: Max needs gasoline, gets roped up in a battle between Lord Humungus and people who have an oil refinery.
I totally agree, and like I said earlier, the scenery, costumes, and vibe are all fucking awesome, but I recently rewatched 2 and 3 and it was always weird to me that 2 was considered the classic. I basically just think 3 is an excellent movie, not just a good Mad Max flick, and think it deserves more love (for Mayor Tina Turner's sake).

Also, Humongous is the best.
My memories of the original Mad Max movies are firmly entrenched in the past and watching them with my Dad as a kid. They are so awesome in my mind that I refuse to rewatch them and be let down. It's the same with David Lynch's Dune movie, I know that it wasn't good, but I have such fond memories of watching it with my dad when I was like 8 years old that it forever gets a pass.
It's always great having movie memories with your Pops, and the Mad Max series is a really cool thing to look fondly back on.

lazygecko

I just remembered a Fantastic Four story from the Civil War era where The Thing escapes the conflict to France and mingles with the French superhero community. Are there any other Marvel or DC comics like that which depicts superhero hotspots in other parts of the world? It gets kind of tiring after a while how all the worldbuilding is completely centered around the United States. At most you get some lip service to Great Britain.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I just remembered a Fantastic Four story from the Civil War era where The Thing escapes the conflict to France and mingles with the French superhero community. Are there any other Marvel or DC comics like that which depicts superhero hotspots in other parts of the world? It gets kind of tiring after a while how all the worldbuilding is completely centered around the United States. At most you get some lip service to Great Britain.

Alpha/Omega Flight is placed in Canada
The Ultimate Universe has a lot of this. A European Superhuman team (With creative names like Captain France, Captain Germany, Captain Spain and of course Captain Britain) and a lot of Supervillain teams from other countrys.
A Matt Fraction book at the end of the run had a couple of appearences of the chinese Avengers equivalent.

rakhir

Sorry for shitposting
Made a joke about the Avengers reading order??? Lol wasn't even directed toward that person. It's just something I find funny. But to PM me with some snarky "thank you" is pretty lame and is insulting to all of us.
In my defense i can say that sarcasm is really hard to figure out on the internet if you don't know the person and it's easy to take it as being an asshole. I assumed wrong and I'm sorry for that.

Carry on.

tim1138

Thanks for the birthday wishes all! I'm blowing off work today to sit around the house and read comics, and you better believe Fury Road will be seen tonight.

Harbinger #23....

FLAMINGO LIVES ;_;7

Also, it's weird how the best character in this book is the one without powers, Kris. Her plans are insane.

On another note, I had stalled halfway through the New X-Men omnibus last year, and I had forgotten why, so I picked it up again yesterday. I remember why now.

Awful. I miss Quitely's potato-heads.

Thanks for the birthday wishes all! I'm blowing off work today to sit around the house and read comics, and you better believe Fury Road will be seen tonight.

Happy birthday Tim!

Zombine

Banned
Sorry for shitposting

In my defense i can say that sarcasm is really hard to figure out on the internet if you don't know the person and it's easy to take it as being an asshole. I assumed wrong and I'm sorry for that.

Carry on.

I legit love everyone except Messi and have no problem helping out. I think I even asked about the reading order a week or so ago lol

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
making my way through Captain Marvel v7, and it's decent. hasn't really grabbed me, and i'm already at the Infiity tie-ins.

Is v8 better or worse? I may take a break and give something else a shot....

making my way through Captain Marvel v7, and it's decent. hasn't really grabbed me, and i'm already at the Infiity tie-ins.

Is v8 better or worse? I may take a break and give something else a shot....
It never rises above ok. If I wasn't reading it on MU id have dropped it for other books

Filthy Slug

On another note, I had stalled halfway through the New X-Men omnibus last year, and I had forgotten why, so I picked it up again yesterday. I remember why now.

Awful. I miss Quitely's potato-heads.

Happy birthday Tim!

Ay, another Igor Kordey fan.
Dial H #1: This is amazing.
It is amazing. Enjoy that shit.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Happy birthday, Tim!
You should treat yourself to that Mister Miracle Artist's Edition if you haven't yet! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom