• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people's thoughts on Jem? I know only the first two issues are out, but everything I've seen of the art is just incredible and I'm honestly considering picking it up on that alone. Is the writing at least workable?

Messi

What are people's thoughts on Jem? I know only the first two issues are out, but everything I've seen of the art is just incredible and I'm honestly considering picking it up on that alone. Is the writing at least workable?

Yes it is great you should pick it up. The art is special.

Edit : Black Canary preview art is really cool

THExk0b.jpeg

I really love the fashion they have chosen for Black Canary and Batgirl.

Owzers

Daredevil #14 was great, though i'm not sure how
the Owl is capable of doing what's being done to him, seems weird.
I like the plot dynamic and how things have settled in so far.

I watched a video of splatoon, it seemed like matches were a lot of busywork.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So I have been slow going on the Daredevil show because life happens, but it's pretty damn close to perfectIon.

I'm in the same boat. I think I'm up to episode 10. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it up this weekend.
I've been too busy watching Season 4 of Louie though. Talk about a show that's pretty damn close to perfection... I have Birdie-tier thoughts about that show.

Owzers

Daredevil show got too weepy for me down the end stretch, especially around
the old lady in the apartment that ended up dying, the dialogue between Foggy and Matt when the secret was out, and I didn't like a lot of Karen Page's scenes.
I liked it a lot overall, looking forward to season 2, but I hope it's a bit better than season 1.

I was reading an interview with Stephen DeKnight on Empire the other day and apparently it was already decided they were going to kill
Ben Urich
before he even joined the show.

Messi

God damn, some of this early Avengers art is so hype. When
Thor gets cut from the vines by Wolverine and blasts everyone with lighting I was like

89754-SHEEIT-gif-Clay-Davis-The-Wire-R90q.gif

Thor is so epic

Yes it is great you should pick it up. The art is special.

Edit : Black Canary preview art is really cool

THExk0b.jpeg

I really love the fashion they have chosen for Black Canary and Batgirl.
Can't believe Annie Wu got snubbed for the Eisner's, her art is so good. I cannot wait for Black Canary

PS good choice of art, Messi. One of the best Harley pages to buy.

PPS Happy birthday Tim!

Bii

So I have been slow going on the Daredevil show because life happens, but it's pretty damn close to perfectIon.

I've been slow to watch it too. Just finished up the fourth episode a few days ago. Hopefully I'll be done by month's end.

styl3s

The jury's still out on whether Secret Wars will be changing the game, but the Big Two can apparently still sleep soundly on the fact that folks will still buy any mediocre event that comes along.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...sales-chart-dcs-convergence-dominates-top-ten
Except that Secret Wars isn't mediocre and not only is it praised on comic forums its critically loved as well. I don't think i have read a review that hasn't praised it or a forum post that wasn't anti-marvel that hasn't liked it.

Sitting at a 8.8 w/ 21 critic reviews for #2 and 8.6 w/ 41 critic reviews for #1 over at comic book roundup. Major CB sites giving them 9's and 10's. I am not saying that there aren't people who genuinely don't like it but everyone has different taste but to just completely ignore the praise it's getting is insane to me.

Posted yet?

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/05/15/dc-comics-bombshells-take-command-of-august

DC Entertainment’s fan-favorite Bombshells designs take center stage in August with an all-new comic book series, the return of the popular variant cover theme, new statues from DC Collectibles, as well as new product offerings from Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Universe Online. The DC Comics Bombshells designs pay tribute to World War II vintage and historical depictions of classic characters. The Bombshells have become a sensation, and now fans can enjoy these wartime characters in new ways.

DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS will join the Digital First comic line-up with a new ongoing series. Digital chapters will be available starting in July with the first print collection available August 12. Written by Marguerite Bennett and art by Marguerite Sauvage, DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS #1 introduces retro-bombshell versions of Batwoman, Wonder Woman and Supergirl in an alternate reality where super-powered female heroes are on the front lines in WWII! The full line of Bombshells characters will be introduced as the story unfolds in the months ahead.

Covers by Ant Lucia!

DCBOMBS_Cv1_55553ca83faab5.92611595.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom