• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy shit @ Sinestro.

Sinestro_14_BombSVariant-thumb-500x768-152475.jpg

Mindwipe

CMX need to do a Harbinger sale and then I'll feel like I've built up a warchest of post Humble Bundle Valiant books where I can actually read them in order and they'll make sense.

zennyzz

wait, is new canary a super hero?

Cause it looks like she's just having it out with punk rockers, which isn't any more superhero than your average punk rocker.

Messi

Why wasn't this a statue like yesterday. If it was Freeza might still be here :(

zczMZzw.jpeg

Will buy the shit out of the eventual Pee Gee Bombshell statue.

MG310

It arrived. It's so beautifuuuuuul, thank you for getting me to bid on it GrandHarrier.
Cool! Seemed like the prices were lower on ebay than they were on Catskills' site plus they were accepting offers on top of that.

All of that Bombshells news is exciting, Day 1 if they make that Powergirl/Superman into a statue.

I was dogsitting so I actually had time to read some comics. Made it halfway though Corto Maltese: Under The Sign of Capricorn and I'm loving it so far.

Messi

Cool! Seemed like the prices were lower on ebay than they were on Catskills' site plus they were accepting offers on top of that.

All of that Bombshells news is exciting, Day 1 if they make that Powergirl/Superman into a statue.

I was dogsitting so I actually had time to read some comics. Made it halfway though Corto Maltese: Under The Sign of Capricorn and I'm loving it so far.

Yeah they wanted $400 on catskills and asked for 280 on eBay he accepted my offer of 250. :D delighted with it.

Can't wait for me and Zombeens team up page :D

Why are you guys reading Spike's post like he said Secret Wars was mediocre? He was referring to the fact that Convergence is selling well despite being mediocre.

PsychBat!

Banned
Movie threads will be the end of me.
Why are you guys reading Spike's post like he said Secret Wars was mediocre? He was referring to the fact that Convergence is selling well despite being mediocre.

I've reread his statement many times. That is not how he meant it. If what you said was true, then a huge rewording is in order.

frye

Movie threads will be the end of me.

I've reread his statement many times. That is not how he meant it. If what you said was true, then a huge rewording is in order.

Considering Secret Wars didn't start until this month and those numbers are from April I'm pretty sure you're reading him wrong

Bii

Holy shit @ Sinestro.

Ayyy! I want this.

Just wanted to post an up-close shot of my name is ed's work in my sketchbook. Details of the bat itself.

I'm not sure if many of you remember but I met an artist (Brian Soriano) in the artist alley at last month's Big Wow Comicfest. He drew a beefy and detailed inked sketch of Batman for me (post seen here). After the con ended, I added him on Facebook and started communicating with him to see if he would do a private commission. I told him how much I liked his Shuma-Gorath/Dr. Strange piece. Since I just started up my villains-themed sketchbook, I wanted Galactus. I was expecting to fork out a bit of money given how complex some of his drawings can become but when he kicked back the price to me, my jaw dropped. It was going to be the same price as his con sketches for a penciled/inked work. He even asked if I wanted him to recreate his Shuma/Strange piece in my book, and I couldn't pass up on that. So here are the two commissions he did for me:

I practically gave him free reign on what he wanted to do with Galactus. All I told him was Galactus and planets, haha. Well, not only did he put the main man on there but his herald as well. Galactus is feeding off of a (now) dying planet with an exploding sun behind him. He's open to commissions and I'll definitely get in touch with him again during dead periods of attending conventions.

Mudcrab

Ayyy! I want this.

Just wanted to post an up-close shot of my name is ed's work in my sketchbook. Details of the bat itself.

I'm not sure if many of you remember but I met an artist (Brian Soriano) in the artist alley at last month's Big Wow Comicfest. He drew a beefy and detailed inked sketch of Batman for me (post seen here). After the con ended, I added him on Facebook and started communicating with him to see if he would do a private commission. I told him how much I liked his Shuma-Gorath/Dr. Strange piece. Since I just started up my villains-themed sketchbook, I wanted Galactus. I was expecting to fork out a bit of money given how complex some of his drawings can become but when he kicked back the price to me, my jaw dropped. It was going to be the same price as his con sketches for a penciled/inked work. He even asked if I wanted him to recreate his Shuma/Strange piece in my book, and I couldn't pass up on that. So here are the two commissions he did for me:

I practically gave him free reign on what he wanted to do with Galactus. All I told him was Galactus and planets, haha. Well, not only did he put the main man on there but his herald as well. Galactus is feeding off of a (now) dying planet with an exploding sun behind him. He's open to commissions and I'll definitely get in touch with him again during dead periods of attending conventions.

Incredible.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Those are insanely good. Thanks for sharing!

Busaiku

Archie cancelled their Kickstarter.

personally, i never saw the big deal?
It wasn't looking good for it.
Only like $20k raised the first day.
Most Kickstarters aren't gonna be funded immediately, but with that small amount, they were never gonna hit their goal.

styl3s

Because the end of the sentence he says the big two can sleep easy knowing people will buy mediocre events.

The post reads as it's written. Even with him stating that the jury is still out on SW changing the game he still refers to the 2 companies and mediocre events at the end. Maybe if he worded that last bit better people wouldn't of thought that because reading that last bit over and over it still comes off as him calling both mediocre.

Owzers

I read a random issue from my trial pile, Secret Six #1, despite being two trades behind on the previous run. The issue definitely fell into my "this is a comic book alright" category, I would have liked it more had it skipped the first six pages of Catman nabbing and put that towards making the ending have more substance. Random 4/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom