• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Big Two have been putting out bestselling mediocre events for years, and Convergence continues that trend. That's basically all he was saying, since as he said, the jury's still out on SW

Archie cancelled their Kickstarter.

personally, i never saw the big deal?
we should all pledge to a kickstarter that does deserve our hard-earned funny money
Because the end of the sentence he says the big two can sleep easy knowing people will buy mediocre events.

The post reads as it's written. Even with him stating that the jury is still out on SW changing the game he still refers to the 2 companies and mediocre events at the end. Maybe if he worded that last bit better people wouldn't of thought that because reading that last bit over and over it still comes off as him calling both mediocre.
I'm not going to debate semantics, he just said I was right with what I said. He simply meant that he can't comment on whether or not SW lives up to the hype it's getting online but it really doesn't matter to them because any event, even mediocre ones like Convergence, will sell well. And then he linked the sales data for last month which showed Convergence selling well.

Zombine

Banned
we should all pledge to a kickstarter that does deserve our hard-earned funny money

I'm not going to debate semantics, he just said I was right with what I said. He simply meant that he can't comment on whether or not SW lives up to the hype it's getting online but it really doesn't matter to them because any event, even mediocre ones like Convergence, will sell well. And then he linked the sales data for last month which showed Convergence selling well.

That's not bloodstained...

PsychBat!

Banned

:D

Owzers

The Big Two have been putting out bestselling mediocre events for years, and Convergence continues that trend. That's basically all he was saying, since as he said, the jury's still out on SW

We know what he said and there is no changing it. Guilty. As. Quoted.

Zombine

Banned
If you could have any Bloodspell page what would you get?

If seems like there are 10-15ish pages missing in the middle. All sequential. Maybe he kept them.

Why would you give away everything ya know? It's basically a footprint of your life's work. It would be like giving away all your personal photographs.

Messi

Well, Messi.

Guess it's Barcelona and Juventus. Looks like RM won't spoil your dreams this year.

Beating real would have been sweet but I'd never be able to enjoy a clasico cl final. I am a wreck during liga games.

I am not ready to count out Juve either. Anything can happen in one game. Should be a great game.

3 wins and barca win the treble. Liga, CL and Copa. What a season it could be.

MG310

If you could have any Bloodspell page what would you get?

If seems like there are 10-15ish pages missing in the middle. All sequential. Maybe he kept them.

I think it's the entire sequence where Canary ends up in the hotel pool that's missing.

Canary/Arrow on the motorcycle is up there but probably one of the last 10 pages.

Messi

Why would you give away everything ya know? It's basically a footprint of your life's work. It would be like giving away all your personal photographs.

If I made a comic people cared about I couldn't sell the pages. I don't know how some of them do it. Like capullo is going to sell some of that batman stuff. Crazy.

mreddie

ASM-vows_variant.jpg

Messi

I think it's the entire sequence where Canary ends up in the hotel pool that's missing.

Canary/Arrow on the motorcycle is up there but probably one of the last 10 pages.

I liked the quieter character moments in Bloodspell more than the action. Like I love the page Zombine got.

That said I liked the action. Great book.

Owzers

Adlard never sold the
Eye socket licking
scene from Walking Dead. I hope it's hanging above his fireplace.

Man, 30 years from now you guys are going to be grave robbing artists hoping they were buried with their pages, it's going to be the nerdiest Tomb Raider game. And only one of you will think they belong in a museum.

fauxtrot

Banned
I wanna eat that Apple.

Would that walking dead spoiler ruin stuff for me if I am 4 Hardcovers in?

It's broad enough that you'd have no idea what it's regarding... but it might remove some of the scene's shock-factor if you actually remember it by the time you get to that point (which is unlikely, honestly).

Mudcrab

I didn't know that about Blade.

And while I do find it hard to believe that Marvel canceled Fantastic Four to spite Fox, it is odd that they would let them fall so far out of the spotlight. Were sales bad?

Sales were bad (but not much worse than some others), the book is ending at about the same time as everything else, and I don't know if you can honestly say the FF are out of the spotlight.

Boogiepop

Guys... This has nothing to do with comics, but holy crap! The Sentai themes are on iTunes. I am so actually buying something from iTunes, I think! The Gokaiger theme has really been in my head lately. Super randomly excited!

Sblargh

Banned

Ugh, I can probably nitpick this to death, but even with the article trying its hardest, the changes are almost all insignificant, in some cases merely cosmetic and then already changed back.

And like:

Before 2014, the Guardians were some of the most obscure heroes in Marvel Comics. Even with Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning’s recreation of the team in 2008 (which inspired the makeup of the movie team, rather than the original 1969 roster), the group did not play a major role in the comics.

This actually irked me a bit. DnA put the guardians on the map BIG time. Even if they weren't cartoon and movie mainstream, the anihilation events and the Guardians comics that followed them were consistently praised as the best marvel was offering when they were being released. "Marvel Comics" fans adores them and there was nothing obscure about it other than Marvel cosmic being naturally its own thing, them being in space and all.

Then yeah, the movie came, it was awesome and spawned a couple of titles more; but to say that they were these tiny bitsy characters only the most avid hardcore comic fans knew and then *BOOM EVERYWHERE* doesn't make any sense. Anyone who was reading Marvel around 2008 already considered the guardians household names.

Edit: And Fantastic Four is nowhere near out of the spotlight; they had an amazing Hickman saga, then the book went to superstars Matt Fraction and Allred who just kind of dropped the ball, then went to another team who also failed to keep it interesting (as it happens often in the comic industry and it's just bad luck and nobody trying to sabotage anything). Meanwhile Reed, Sue, Valeria, Franklin and Doom are at the very core of Secret Wars.

PsychBat!

Banned
Sure, I can agree that the 2008 team wasn't on Earth. But why refer to Earth as "everywhere"? Does that writer mean everywhere in multiple titles taking place on Earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom