• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Sales were bad (but not much worse than some others), the book is ending at about the same time as everything else, and I don't know if you can honestly say the FF are out of the spotlight.

You're right, Secret Wars is pretty much a FF event. I meant that it's strange that we don't have any indication of what's going to happen with them next. Especially when people were also saying that Marvel was going to move the mutants to their own universe and the company came out and said that they weren't.

Sblargh

Banned
The notion that Marvel would purposefully hurt a comic to damage a movie's reputation is hilarous because, frankly, comics aren't that important. It's not like Fox is going: "oh, man, I hope the next Fantastic Four writer is Neil Gaiman because, boy, we really need that comics boost if this movie will ever have a hope of turning a buck"

Owzers

I started Southern Bastards volume 1, just an issue in and will report back my findings when done. Right now it seems like a Southernerer Walking Tall meets Liam Neeson meets Death Wish meets Scalped meets

Messi

I just got an email about these bombshells being up for pre-order. Love killer frost.

DCC11975.jpg

DCC11974.jpg

Ayyy! I want this.

Just wanted to post an up-close shot of my name is ed's work in my sketchbook. Details of the bat itself.

I'm not sure if many of you remember but I met an artist (Brian Soriano) in the artist alley at last month's Big Wow Comicfest. He drew a beefy and detailed inked sketch of Batman for me (post seen here). After the con ended, I added him on Facebook and started communicating with him to see if he would do a private commission. I told him how much I liked his Shuma-Gorath/Dr. Strange piece. Since I just started up my villains-themed sketchbook, I wanted Galactus. I was expecting to fork out a bit of money given how complex some of his drawings can become but when he kicked back the price to me, my jaw dropped. It was going to be the same price as his con sketches for a penciled/inked work. He even asked if I wanted him to recreate his Shuma/Strange piece in my book, and I couldn't pass up on that. So here are the two commissions he did for me:

I practically gave him free reign on what he wanted to do with Galactus. All I told him was Galactus and planets, haha. Well, not only did he put the main man on there but his herald as well. Galactus is feeding off of a (now) dying planet with an exploding sun behind him. He's open to commissions and I'll definitely get in touch with him again during dead periods of attending conventions.

Niiiice. The Batman he did in your sketchbook was pretty cool I was gonna look him later. That Dr Strange one is awesome.

tim1138

That's a killer Gibson, man. Nice pickup on the amp too!

Thanks! I've had the guitar for about twenty years now, still sounds as good as the day I bought it. In hindsight, it blows my mind that I dropped a grand on a guitar when I was sixteen years old.

Mudcrab

You're right, Secret Wars is pretty much a FF event. I meant that it's strange that we don't have any indication of what's going to happen with them next. Especially when people were also saying that Marvel was going to move the mutants to their own universe and the company came out and said that they weren't.

Well for what it's worth Bleeding Cool reported that CB Cebulski claimed that there would be a new Fantastic Four comic after Secret Wars.

Whatever that turns out to actually be is anyone's guess.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
those statues have way too tight shirts showing breasts shapes and legs showing. Too lewd for 2015

Owzers

All i want is the Batwoman Bombshell without glaring paint problems and i will be content, i don't think i need either of the two new ones. I haven't heard of Killer Frost before.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Eh, the ending of The Order is a joke, am I right?
There will be a Ending DLC???

Man, what a let down. Loved the game, but wow, the ending...

For a moment there I thought you were talking about Fraction's hidden gem of a comic

latest

Early Fraction at Marvel was weird between this and Punisher: War Zone. Then he had Immortal Iron Fist (which was "cowritten" with Bru) and Invincible Iron Man like a year later and suddenly he was the guy whose books I looked forward to most.

I've been getting weirdly nostalgic for the stuff the last few days. I even turned on my 360 just to play the Marvel Super Heroes port. What a game that was back in the day. I miss Marvel games in general badly. Maybe they never had a game on the level of Arkham Asylum but I miss the old ones. I might try Marvel Heroes tomorrow, for real this time. I wish I liked mobile games but my phone is crappy for that sort of stuff.

Was going to Mad Max but very tired and just want to stay at home, sleep till like 11 and just veg for a day. Even a free movie isn't tempting right now.

Early Fraction at Marvel was weird between this and Punisher: War Zone. Then he had Immortal Iron Fist (which was "cowritten" with Bru) and Invincible Iron Man like a year later and suddenly he was the guy whose books I looked forward to most.

I've been getting weirdly nostalgic for the stuff the last few days. I even turned on my 360 just to play the Marvel Super Heroes port. What a game that was back in the day. I miss Marvel games in general badly. Maybe they never had a game on the level of Arkham Asylum but I miss the old ones. I might try Marvel Heroes tomorrow, for real this time. I wish I liked mobile games but my phone is crappy for that sort of stuff.

Was going to Mad Max but very tired and just want to stay at home, sleep till like 11 and just veg for a day. Even a free movie isn't tempting right now.

Try Marvel Puzzle Quest. It's the best going.

Vibranium

Banned
Oh man, when reading it on MU The Name of the Rose really gets me on how it can be really dark but still feels like it has way more plot and urgency then on Edmondson's BW. I like how Natasha takes care of stuff without Bucky yet they are still a close couple during the run. God Majorie Liu really needs to come back and fix the Bucky/Nat situation too.

Nat had
her stomach sliced up yet still finds a way to keep going and bring an end to her hunters.

Vibranium

Banned
Ending of Daredevil was a huge tease. Bring on season 2 please.

Can't wait to see Elektra, as soon as Matt and Foggy were shown during their college days I knew there would be a reference.

Also, when Bullseye shows up I hope they keep the mental illness aspect in, his craziness is really interesting.

Oh man, when reading it on MU The Name of the Rose really gets me on how it can be really dark but still feels like it has way more plot and urgency then on Edmondson's BW. I like how Natasha takes care of stuff without Bucky yet they are still a close couple during the run. God Majorie Liu really needs to come back and fix the Bucky/Nat situation too.

Nat had
her stomach sliced up yet still finds a way to keep going and bring an end to her hunters.
Agreed. Go Liu but keep Noto

Ending of Daredevil was a huge tease. Bring on season 2 please.
DD is the best thing MCU has ever done. Just amazing. It had some of the grounded awesomess of the Nolan batman films merged with a great Frabk miller inspired DD first year hero story. It was so refreshing to see a marvel product that had its own look and feel from the standard MCU output

Between the netflix marvel stuff and DCs arrowverse/Supergirl shows my hype meter is

Cape TV hype >>>>> Movie TV hype

Vibranium

Banned
F'reals, that last confrontation (and the suit) felt half-baked compared to the rest of the season, so I'm really hoping they realize that and work towards making season 2 even better.

That suit is still a prototype though, it's even said by Potter. I'd imagine the final version will have a tighter cowl and be all red.

fauxtrot

Banned
That suit is still a prototype though, it's even said by Potter. I'd imagine the final version will have a tighter cowl and be all red.

My problem with the suit wasn't the color scheme or anything like that... it just looked bad on Charlie Cox and they seemed to know that, judging the way they cut together that final fight scene and kept him mostly in the shadows, in costume. It was unfortunate, because the black proto-suit looked great on Charlie and on camera.

Owzers

Finished Southern Bastards volume 1, i bet i'm not the only one that wished that dog bit someone and then they turned into a werewolf and destroyed the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom