• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dialogue in The Mantle #1 is kinda bad, but the art's good and the part where
the dude gets destroyed
actually sold me on the next few issues
Working on the weekend to make sure you guys get what you want.
You're getting more classic New Mutants and X-Force on Marvel Unlimited?! Awesome!

Nah, he is sitting beside me.

He has been quiet for quite a while :|

Edit: he just told me there is some fucked up shit in this book and I asked him what so he showed me a picture of bound and gagged Lisa. Said its not for him. :( well this sucks. Now I feel like a weirdo.

He considers that fucked up shit? Damn, I'm sorry. His loss. Vanilla folk are weird, you're fine. I wish you the best of luck finding someone to share with that has a less negative reaction.

I'm fortunate that I've had two friends to gush to about it since yesterday that are interested/somewhat experienced in the topic so that part wasn't a concern. I realize many people aren't so lucky. :/

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
How is All New Hawkeye?

Art is good, but the story isn't all that great so far. It's trying to tell two stories concurrently about Clint and Barney as kids and Clint and Kate in the present, but there's a tenuous and awkward connection between the stories and the two varying art styles for the stories don't work well together.

Also, I seriously hated how Clint got the name "Hawkeye". It's embarrassingly bad.

Messi

He considers that fucked up shit? Damn, I'm sorry. His loss. Vanilla folk are weird, you're fine. I wish you the best of luck finding someone to share with that has a less negative reaction.

I'm fortunate that I've had two friends to gush to about it since yesterday that are interested/somewhat experienced in the topic so that part wasn't a concern. I realize many people aren't so lucky. :/

I was trying to think what fucked up thing happens in the first volume and couldn't think of anything. Then he showed me and I was like....oh no, I have totally misread this situation :(. My hype got the better of me.

Hi Comics-GAF! I'm coming to you for some guidance, hope you're able to steer me the right way!

I've recently decided that I'd like to start reading through Marvel in a way that caps off all the major events, first character appearances, key villain introductions etc but can't really find an efficient way of doing so. Buying the omnibus volumes seems incredibly costly and is a bit too thoroughly completist.

Does anyone know of a good resource that might be able to serve the purpose? How does Marvel Unlimited work for example, would that let me read issues from the golden age up to present day? Or is it quite a restricted amount of issues?

Any tips and ideas very much appreciated :) thanks!!

I hope this is sarcasm because the logic leaps to that conclusion are astounding

To be fair, having only experienced Lapham in deadpool a crossed, which came out in the last ten years, i'd have never in a million years imagined that Lapham netted an eisner for writing Stray Bullets all the way back in 96.

Guess lightning hasn't struck again ever since.

Vibranium

Banned
Yeah I think I'm going to drop All-New Hawkeye, I'll collect it in future trades. I feel bad not supporting a Canadian comics superstar though.

I was trying to think what fucked up thing happens in the first volume and couldn't think of anything. Then he showed me and I was like....oh no, I have totally misread this situation :(. My hype got the better of me.

Eh, you tried. Some people just aren't ready. No reason to beat yourself up over it.

Cade

But he wrote that character so poorly

Bendis write a character not like how they used to be? I can't believe that.

And yes, everyone in New Avengers doesn't really act like the characters they're supposed to be. But I'm holding it to lower standards, like a comic book movie adaptation.

To be fair, having only experienced Lapham in deadpool a crossed, which came out in the last ten years, i'd have never in a million years imagined that Lapham netted an eisner for writing Stray Bullets all the way back in 96.

Guess lightning hasn't struck again ever since.
Lapham is a very good crime writer. That's his strength and what he's most known for. That's not the only type of comics he's written and I wouldn't just completely reduce a persons career on one stray comic or mini series of they have acclaimed work elsewhere. That's like brushing off all of Brubakers work for his crappy Xmen or Secret Avengers run. Brubakers does crime/noir. He tried to branch out, didn't work and went to image and plays to his strengths

Squire

Banned
Art is good, but the story isn't all that great so far. It's trying to tell two stories concurrently about Clint and Barney as kids and Clint and Kate in the present, but there's a tenuous and awkward connection between the stories and the two varying art styles for the stories don't work well together.

Also, I seriously hated how Clint got the name "Hawkeye". It's embarrassingly bad.

Not sure what you're referring to Slug. "Hawkeye" is a code name assigned to agent Clint Barton by Nick Fury, Director of SHIELD. *whistles*

Hi Comics-GAF! I'm coming to you for some guidance, hope you're able to steer me the right way!

I've recently decided that I'd like to start reading through Marvel in a way that caps off all the major events, first character appearances, key villain introductions etc but can't really find an efficient way of doing so. Buying the omnibus volumes seems incredibly costly and is a bit too thoroughly completist.

Does anyone know of a good resource that might be able to serve the purpose? How does Marvel Unlimited work for example, would that let me read issues from the golden age up to present day? Or is it quite a restricted amount of issues?

Any tips and ideas very much appreciated :) thanks!!

Marvel Unlimited does include a lot of older comics and you can currently sign up for a free month of it (for, uh, about another 6 hours) using the code ULTRON during checkout. You may need to be careful about making sure it doesn't auto-renew in a month if you do that, though.

Hot Topic has these Batmanga shirts:

ECRT4Kx.jpg
gHQFUxV.jpg

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Po...10369560-_-1-2015W16-EML-EDI-652970-853197112

P.S. I don't shop at Hot Topic...........but this will probably be an exception.

Hot Topic has been getting some good shirts for awhile.
Ah, I don't really check their online store and I haven't been to one in months, where they mostly have meme and metalcore shirts, and then I wonder why I even walked in because I pretty much already know they don't have anything I want

Cade

I get the impression that the book was somewhat ill-regarded in the hands of Brubaker, Fraction, and Gillen.

I'm slowly going through Fraction's turn. I like it, but it's not terribly remarkable.

I like Gillen's stuff, if we're talking about the semi-recent run with Mr. Sinister. It was fun.

I like Gillen's stuff, if we're talking about the semi-recent run with Mr. Sinister. It was fun.

literally the only good run on Uncanny X-Men since Claremont left in '91

its AMAZING to consider how consistently mediocre the original flagship X-book has been for years. Even during the 2000s when it had good comics, it was always some non-Uncanny title. Morrison's New X-Men, Milligan/Allred X-Statix, PAD's X-Factor, Carey's X-Men, Whedon/Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men, Remender/Opena/White's Uncanny X-Force, etc.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i got Marvel Heroes running well on my macbook, unlocked Black Panther and bought his Wakanda Tech costume

can't stop playing

Squire

Banned

its AMAZING to consider how consistently mediocre the original flagship X-book has been for years. Even during the 2000s when it had good comics, it was always some non-Uncanny title. Morrison's New X-Men, Milligan/Allred X-Statix, PAD's X-Factor, Carey's X-Men, Whedon/Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men, Remender/Opena/White's Uncanny X-Force, etc.

Hmm, I'll have to check out Gillen and Carey then.

Damn. You're right. Uncanny is always there but not one to have a lot of highlights

Hmm, I'll have to check out Gillen and Carey then.
Careys run is excellent. But I felt it got short changed and interrupted by to many events messing up his stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom