• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

I think it will go Warriors > Rockets and Cavs > Hawks, then i'm not sure, probably Warriors win it all. Rockets surprised me, who thought Josh Smith would start hitting threes, those are the shots we wish he takes. Congrats Team Messi.

tim1138

Hot Topic has these Batmanga shirts:

ECRT4Kx.jpg
gHQFUxV.jpg

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Po...10369560-_-1-2015W16-EML-EDI-652970-853197112

P.S. I don't shop at Hot Topic...........but this will probably be an exception.

The Lord Death Man shirt is pretty amazing.

Boogiepop

Like 8 issues into the original Spider-Girl run on MU. I'm really enjoying it so far, nothing too crazy unique or mindblowing but it's fun. Looking forward to continuing to binge my way through the series.

The whole thing is girly dusty hijinx. My brother went into that movie expecting nothing, not even wanting to be there, and he came out like

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif[/ img][/QUOTE]
I barely have seen 1/2 of the original trilogy and went to this just for the spectacle of the amazing action shots in the trailer. Then hearing the good buzz, then seeing it! So so awesome. I went home and bought the OST. Already this year we've got Daredevil and fury Road and we still got Star Wars and bond coming this year! hyyyype

tim1138

Between Ex Machina and Mad Max, I don't think I need to see another movie in the theaters the rest of the year. I doubt anything will top those two.

Really great. The entire cast is wonderful. Best Australian documentary I've ever seen.
Haha I was driving to get food today and when I looked at my rear mirror and saw cars for some reason I started eyeing them suspiciously for sec. like they're about to ambush me. I think they were from gun town

tim1138

Haha I was driving to get food today and when I looked at my rear mirror and saw cars for some reason I started eyeing them suspiciously for sec like they're about to ambush me. I think they were from gun town

As long as you don't hear the drums and heavy metal guitar behind you, you're probably safe.

It's so awesome that none of the cars were CGI, they were all actually fabricated.

tim1138

I watched both of these seeing no trailers and knowing nothing. I don't know if that helped how much i liked them. But damn!

I did that for Ex Machina, I saw some of Jock's concept art and thought it looked interesting and then saw it was Alex Garland and knew I'd dig it. Once the good reviews started coming from its initial release in the UK I went on total blackout. For Mad Max I watched the trailers but didn't really follow production or anything like that.

Zombine

Banned
A part of me feels like Ant Man is gonna be Marvel's first super bomb. Where is all the hype? It's a movie about a man who is an ant. Marvel should have called him Mant.

Mant would put asses into seats.

A part of me feels like Ant Man is gonna be Marvel's first super bomb. Where is all the hype? It's a movie about a man who is an ant. Marvel should have called him Mant.

I agree. (not the Mant part) but if you are going to do an ant man movie then you need a hook. Like its super goofy, aloof, etc. Which i'm sure was the original approach but then the change happened, and now all they show for the most part is standard hero tropes..but with Ant man. I'll be surprised if it works

Lapham is a very good crime writer. That's his strength and what he's most known for. That's not the only type of comics he's written and I wouldn't just completely reduce a persons career on one stray comic or mini series of they have acclaimed work elsewhere. That's like brushing off all of Brubakers work for his crappy Xmen or Secret Avengers run. Brubakers does crime/noir. He tried to branch out, didn't work and went to image and plays to his strengths

I see, will give Stray Bullets a spin. Think i've Dan the Unharmable around here somewhere too.

My prob with him on Crossed wasn't just all the boring gore-filled crap he was writing, but that the way Badlands is set up, writers change every 3-6 months, there's some... 77 issues out (and apparently gillen wrote the last three, huh...), aaand he went back to it at four different times throughout the years, and there's about... one arc out of those four that was actually worth reading. No idea why the man keeps going back to it.

----

On a different note... i've no idea why it took me this long to get around to reading Mahvel 1602. #bestfury

It looks so half-baked and boring. It's got all the trappings of a Marvel Studio movie in the most cliche way.

But I'll still go see it cuz I don't know.

They're definitely overdue for a bomba, true. I think the Paul Rudd thing is going to end up hurting them more than you might expect; not necessarily because his Ant-Man movie would have been a thing of genius (maybe, maybe not), but because the perception that it might have been has sort of dispersed a lot of the long-term enthusiasm buildup.

Owzers

It has Paul Rudd and hes my favorite guy but im still kinda eh on it. Looks too serious like Fantastic Four. I havent seen newer trailers for them though.

the first trailer for Ant Man was awful, new trailer showed a lot and looked decent. I'm not hyped buttttt i don't hate things.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Whats the deal with Sabretooth?

Why didn't the fixing of the axis event fix him? And how long will he be "good"? Until Logan is back?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does anyone like saber tooth? The only time I liked him was in Carey's run. I guess his AoA run was fun too

Otherwise he's so boring

I loved AoA Creed. But i love AoA so...

Owzers

I started Power Girl: New Beginning tpb as my next shelf read, I was under the assumption that this was a girly hijinx book but it's mainly a standard dc title with great Conner art so far, so that's a little disappointing but it's still enjoyable. I'm realigning my expectations so I'm not expecting more from it.

Does anyone like saber tooth?
Went and had a look at the character's history in the wiki. Left with even less interest in him.

Also particularly sad how even the Ultimate version got mangled. Apparently it had 4 adamantium claws per hand, a la logan, but more extreeeeeme, and then somewhere around ultimatum, the writers forgot all about that and he then started fighting with elongated nails, a la 616 creed.

Truly seems that all he's ever been is a poor man's wolverine.

Does anyone like saber tooth? The only time I liked him was in Carey's run. I guess his AoA run was fun too

Otherwise he's so boring
That's a good question. I like seeing him act like an ass to Wolverine but I can't say I'm crazy about him.
I started Power Girl: New Beginning tpb as my next shelf read, I was under the assumption that this was a girly hijinx book but it's mainly a standard dc title with great Conner art so far, so that's a little disappointing but it's still enjoyable. I'm realigning my expectations so I'm not expecting more from it.

It gets a little more hijinks-y as it progresses, especially with the friendship that Peej and Atlee have. I think it was issue 4 that has the two of them together and it's pure fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom