• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you gonna stay above 6k or some shit to be profitable at Image

so ayy lmao @ zero, but Deadly Class should be aight. Plenty of other Image books selling well below 14k

like Stray Bullets fuck all y'all especially Serpentine :(

Zombine

Banned

so ayy lmao @ zero, but Deadly Class should be aight. Plenty of other Image books selling well below 14k

How bout that thread though? I'm sure that'll sell people.

I don't like/am mildly scared of trains but that Harley train is adorbz

How do you cope with the Luas then?

I know the Luas is technically a tram.

Sure. I've completely avoided looking into careers in the natural sciences.
Besides that... I think I've got it all covered. Haha

My top two dream jobs at the moment are park ranger and piano tuner.

Just be careful nobody (or no bear) swipes your pic-a-nic basket.

Except I really don't. Haha
I have all these super interesting ideas on super interesting things I could do, but then I do none of them (usually for reasons of practicality).
I mean, right now I'm working 60 hour weeks: 40 hours at a desk job writing up blog posts and posting to Instagram mainly, and 20 hours working retail. Not really what I'd call interesting. Haha

However, I guess I'm setting myself up for a more interesting future. I'll have enough money saved that I'll have much more interesting options open to me since I'll have more free time and will be able to take a non-lucrative but more interesting/enjoyable job.

Thanks for thinking I have an interesting life though. It makes me feel better about myself. :p

This is basically what I do as well, though I only do 40-45 hours. It's boring, but it looks good on the CV, the money's not bad and I get to see movies for free.

We put the trailer into the server today, and when we tested it, my colleague, who's never expressed anything about the movies we work with in the whole time I've been here, muttered to himself "That looks absolutely shit."

Rat Queens #10 14,228

If it does, Rat Queens is getting close to joining it too.

My sadness has never been so profound. I wonder what the digital numbers are like. Isn't "the digital numbers are good" like the "Netflix will save it" of comics?

Rat Queens #10 14,228

If it does, Rat Queens is getting close to joining it too.
Image titles have to sell like less than 6k to be discontinued I think. So both of those should be safe. Lumberjanes is sells 8k in the direct market and that seems to be fine. Although that series does better in the book market.

Sejic could help his sales by changing his name to something more palatable. If he changed his name to something like 'Chip Zdarsky' I'm sure it would help his sales.

hey now, to be fair, i do have the omnibus
Image titles have to sell like less than 6k to be discontinued I think. So both of those should be safe. Lumberjanes is sells 8k in the direct market and that seems to be fine. Although that series does better in the book market.

Sejic could help his sales by changing his name to something more palatable. If he changed his name to something like 'Chip Zdarsky' I'm sure it would help his sales.

Maybe he should work with Ales Kot and their curses will cancel out

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Guys, I'm pretty sure the tap water here is poisonous. It tastes super bitter and makes me slightly nauseous. I forgot my water bottle today though.

Also, I want a back transplant. Mine sucks.

Just be careful nobody (or no bear) swipes your pic-a-nic basket.

This is basically what I do as well, though I only do 40-45 hours. It's boring, but it looks good on the CV, the money's not bad and I get to see movies for free.

Lol.

And yeah, I'm pretty much doing this job just to put it on my resume. If it weren't for that, I would've quit by now.
That's not too bad that you get to see free movies though. High five for boring blog jobs!

Lol.

And yeah, I'm pretty much doing this job just to put it on my resume. If it weren't for that, I would've quit by now.
That's not too bad that you get to see free movies though. High five for boring blog jobs!

The one upside of a cinema job (I do marketing and social media, plus general dogsbody stuff). I've seen Kingsman, John Wick, Furious 7, Avengers and Mad Max the last few weeks, all for free. I'd only have gone to Avengers if I was paying. Going to see all the big summer movies this year, even the ones I'd normally have no interest in. I find Sundays really boring so I go then, and it's usually quiet business-wise as well.

Squire

Banned
started reading Hickman's FF finally, I've had the omnis since release.

having read a lot of the hickman avengers run and now secret wars, FORESHADOWING AS FUCK

Reed being all "the illuminati were a mistake, it's nothing but trash" is real fuckin interesting to see what gets him back there by new avengers (I hope this has an explanation)

even if it doesnt, It's still crazy comparing where the character is at now with his life vs where he was at the F4 point.

You reading F4 of Future Foundation? I definitely wanna revisit that stuff post-Avengers myself and I was always more interested in FF than F4.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Code:
268	6.13	$3.50	IMA	Surface (2015)	2		8,038	1	21,742	-13,704	-63.03%	2
Ales Kot needs a break.

Sales data makes me sad... especially as a trade reader.

So I just watched the trailer and I don't think it looks that bad tbh, except for maybe the little bit of music that was there? But even then maybe it kills in the movie, idk

The director tho

That trailer says, "This isn't Jem, its not based on the source material, its just using its name."

frye

what is even good about Jem and the Holograms other than its theme song that people care so much about its movie being a faithful adaptation

That trailer says, "This isn't Jem, its not based on the source material, its just using its name."

Exactly this. I watched the SHIT out of the cartoon growing up. Fucking loved it, and this abomination has nothing to do with the cartoon I loved. It's a name, you could substitute any bunch of names in there and it would be the same movie. Its a pathetic attempt to make money off of a name of an ip from the 80s.

So I just watched the trailer and I don't think it looks that bad tbh, except for maybe the little bit of music that was there? But even then maybe it kills in the movie, idk

The director tho

The disc our trailer came on had the old logo and everything.

I was all like:
You-Sit-On-a-Throne-Of-Lies-Elf-Will-Ferrall-.gif

Everything the director has been involved in has been terrible. I gues G.I. Joe Retalitation is okay if you're at home, there's nothing else on and you're a quadriplegic who can't work the remote.

I mean y'all are probably right but i have no affinity for the Jem brand, and my only exposure is seeing a half of an episode randomly last month. it doesn't seem to hold up. I also kinda expected the trailer to be The Worst Thing Ever based on everything i heard
Everything the director has been involved in has been terrible. I gues G.I. Joe Retalitation is okay if you're at home, there's nothing else on and you're a quadriplegic who can't work the remote.
Yeah this is the worst thing about it so far. i had high hopes for Retaliation, somehow, but it was still bad

Just read Batman #40 last night! Loved it, even the end, but don't you think it's too soon to give
Bruce
a break? I don't know how I feel about
Jim Gordon
being in that suit either, it's not appealing to me and I know nothing about it, so there is that.
I'd rather have Dick back at Batman, though his secret agent shenanigans are fun.

I mean y'all are probably right but i have no affinity for the Jem brand, and my only exposure is seeing a half of an episode randomly last month. it doesn't seem to hold up. I also kinda expected the trailer to be The Worst Thing Ever based on everything i heard

I'm still hoping for Disney to buy Hasbro some day. We can't do much for the 80s toon franchises, but we could still get Disney's Dungeons & Dragons (I know there's been several terrible D&D movies, but seriously, animated Eberron movie!) or Magic: The Gathering (could even do multiple movies on diffferent planes, then BAM, #ItsAllConnected as the Planeswalkers team up to battle Nicol Bolas).

NeonZ

Like 99% of Marvel's characters though, thanks to the events of the new Secret Wars. The Deadpool team did manage to seemingly advertise it much better than the other ones, making it seem like something personal to Deadpool, rather than just an event tie in where the entire universe is getting blown up.

what is even good about Jem and the Holograms other than its theme song that people care so much about its movie being a faithful adaptation

Counter arguement: Why does it need to be called Jem and the Holograms if its not going to be based on the concept? If its not an adaptation the name is just falsely banking on nostalgia factor to get a few extra butts in seats.

The show is absolutely a product of its time and isn't exactly great by todays standards. But it was fun and cute when it was around and had a bunch of dumb, amusing concepts, just for the fuck of it. Secret identity created by a super computer that can project holograms? Fuck it, why not.

Messi

Like 99% of Marvel's characters though, thanks to the events of the new Secret Wars. The Deadpool team did manage to seemingly advertise it much better than the other ones, making it seem like something personal to Deadpool, rather than just an event tie in where the entire universe is getting blown up.

Deadpool is really popular so hyping up a death for him was going to get big numbers. Helps that the issue was great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom