• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fauxtrot

Banned
Just be glad it's not this Jared as the Joker:

subway-full.jpg

fauxtrot

Banned
I wonder how aspects of their films DC/WB is mandating and whether or not David Ayer and his (mostly) talented cast can make this work, because so far the designs aren't making me very confident. Luckily, that isn't necessarily a dealbreaker for me. I didn't think Fury was as great as everyone else said it was, but End of Watch was a hell of a film.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I wonder how aspects of their films DC/WB is mandating and whether or not David Ayer and his (mostly) talented cast can make this work, because so far the designs aren't making me very confident. Luckily, that isn't necessarily a dealbreaker for me. I didn't think Fury was as great as everyone else said it was, but End of Watch was a hell of a film.

That was a dope fucking movie.

Also, I like Leto Joker's look so far.

I care little about set photos of outfits and more about the chemistry on the screen. If Leto can make me believe he is the Joker he could be in a gimp suit for all I care.

Zombine

Banned
That was a dope fucking movie.

Also, I like Leto Joker's look so far.

I think my issue with 30 Seconds To Joker are That while Leto has a very gaunt face, his features are still very soft and the makeup makes him look very boy-ish. Not going to shit on it or anything because It will probably be badass, but he just looks like Leto wearing cheap cosplay. I anticipate eating crow.

I think my issue with 30 Seconds To Joker are That while Leto has a very gaunt face, his features are still very soft and the makeup makes him look very boy-ish. Not going to shit on it or anything because It will probably be badass, but he just looks like Leto wearing cheap cosplay. I anticipate eating crow.

Probably part of the reason that cast pic looked so grimdark. Is a way to get around those issues.

School setting was what interested me. Might go for that Deadly Class then...
On Morning Glories: I read the first volume and it was ~okay~ but everyone says it goes to shit so I'd just skip it if I were you. The art is kinda weak and Spencer's recent stuff is way better anyways.

Deadly Class is awesome though and you'll definitely like that. One of my favorite ongoings.
Guys, meet Harley Quinn.

Cute cat! I love torties

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

I feel you, but I also think that the Joker having some more softer, potentially effeminate qualities is another interesting take on the clown that hasn't been done in films yet, but that's explored in comics.

Mudcrab

Got Marvel Universe last week and wanted to ask if you guys could recommend me some Dr. Strange comics.

The Oath by Brian K. Vaughan.

Doctor Strange Season One by Greg Pak.

Doctor Strange & Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment by Roger Stern.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ah, the Origin of the Inhumans. Wherein Sue and Reed get engaged and have a party!

FantasticFour36-08.jpg
Am I the only one who consider its strange, that heroes are all the time in costume even when they spend their freetime together? I mean even when their secret identity is known to each other?

Am I the only one who consider its strange, that heroes are all the time in costume even when they spend their freetime together? I mean even when their secret identity is known to each other?

Iron man kinda makes sense for the time. If memory serves, his identity was still unknown. The rest, however...

I blame it on Xavier trying to establish a brand.

I think I liked World War Hulk more than all those other Secret Fear Itself Civil War Invasion Siege AvX crap.

Im afraid to go reread it.

It got me Incredible Herc though...

Splatt

I think I liked World War Hulk more than all those other Secret Fear Itself Civil War Invasion Siege AvX crap.

Im afraid to go reread it.

It got me Incredible Herc though...

Inc Herc was amazing, until that Chaos War or whater the hell that event was called. I remember Pak and Van Lente doing another volume after that but I can only remember it throwing away all the fun out and going the grimdark route.

Also, Iron Man Director of S.H.I.E.L.D tie-in was pretty kewl.

That whole run was great actually. Started with Ellis's Extremis arc which rejuvenated the character and ended with an awesome Mandarin arc from the Knauf brothers.

CBR: Mystik (Lol with a k?) U lands in October

When DC Comics June relaunch of titles was announced, a number of books promised brand new twists on the DC Universe, but none looked to chart new territory quite the same way as "Mystik U." The appropriately shrouded in mystery title promised a look into the magical corners of the publisher, but it then failed to appear in their June solicitations.

Today, the comics blog Weird Science presented a short interview with "Mystic U" writer Alisa Kwitney (who teams with artist Mauricet) which revealed some new details including the launch month for the comic and a tweaked spelling of the original title.

"I'm working on Mystik U, a new monthly DC comic about a college for magical folk," she said. "There's a mixture of new characters, like the brooding illegit son of a dark warlock, and also some familiar faces, like Rose Psychic and Cain and Abel. It's coming out in October, a fittingly witchy month."

Some have theorized that the comic will star longtime Vertigo mainstay Tim Hunter, but that remains unconfirmed. However in a recent CBR interview on her "Convergence: Batgirl" series, Kwitney outlined some of her influences stepping into the new job. "Growing up, I read all kinds of comics, but my favorites were horror titles like 'The House of Mystery' and weird genre hybrids like 'PLOP' and the original 'Outsiders.' Working on 'The Sandman' and 'Books of Magic' [as a Vertigo editor] certainly influenced me, but so did Peter Milligan's brilliant 'Shade the Changing Man.' I've never worked with Terry Moore, but 'Strangers in Paradise' is a huge influence."

Oh shit. How can I not read something when you tease me with the brooding illegitmate son of a warlock? That speaks to my inner demon.

You reading F4 of Future Foundation? I definitely wanna revisit that stuff post-Avengers myself and I was always more interested in FF than F4.

The omni is Dark Reign : Fantastic Four 1-5, Dark Reign : The Cabal, Fantastic Four 570-588, FF 1-5

and i'm into the F4 stuff I believe

I read FF as it came out and thought it was great too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom