• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
latest run

Excellent comics, using a character that's been through some shit, and making an incredible character study that's also looking at the history of X-Men, and examining its fucked-up parts. Gorgeous hyper-cartoony art with big fluorescent colors that manages to be both parody and straight-forward whizz-bang-pow action. Some of the most clever writing out there.

Follow it up by the most recent run of X-Force, you got yourself a great way to read some books.

Parch

I've fallen into the "I'd rather watch the movie instead of reading the comics" trap. I think I'd rather watch "Planet Hulk" instead of grinding through the comic event.

I never read any of the Flashpoint crossover but recently saw Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox. I thought it was great.

I've fallen into the "I'd rather watch the movie instead of reading the comics" trap. I think I'd rather watch "Planet Hulk" instead of grinding through the comic event.

I never read any of the Flashpoint crossover but recently saw Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox. I thought it was great.

Planet Hulk is one of the (very) few good animated movies Marvel's put out, so you might as well.

Soooo. I should give world war hulk a miss i take it? ;P What's so bad about it?

Provided you can stomach some silly bits like Strange going
zom7.jpeg

it honestly ain't as bad as people say. Certainly among the top ten less horrible Marvel Megaevents.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Formal congratulations to Cheska RE: day of birth.

That's the best Marvel animated movie and one of the best DC animated movies, so... smart move.

I finally turn on Bayonetta again after months of meaning to do so.

japbcvpavbzau9dbuaxf.jpg

Funny thing is, the same thing happened with Metal Gear Rising, but in that case, I beat the boss battle that had been troubling me when I quit and beat the final boss the next morning.

japbcvpavbzau9dbuaxf.jpg

Funny thing is, the same thing happened with Metal Gear Rising, but in that case, I beat the boss battle that had been troubling me when I quit and beat the final boss the next morning.

Dodge into witch time, combo into a wicked weave or two, repeat. If going for rank make sure to change around your combos. ezpz

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I can never go back to Plat games... I love them, but they kill my hands and if I'm not consistently playing it, lord knows what all the buttons do.

Speaking of which, I got a copy of Bayo 2 (w/ Bayo 1) if anyone is down for a trade.

The Wonder Woman '77 Special was such a mixed bag. Andreyko tells a pair of great stories, evoking memories of the TV series while introducing a couple of classic villains we never got to see (Silver Swan and Doctor Psycho!) -- as well as a surprising version of Wondy few have seen before, but the artwork... really? Five artists on two stories? And they had how long to work on this book? Going from Drew Johnson to Matt Haley mid-story threw cold water on the whole thing. Don't get me wrong; everyone seems to have a grasp on Lynda Carter and Lyle Waggoner, and I actually wouldn't have minded it if Richard Ortiz had done the whole thing; it's just that having so many artists in one book creates inconsistency and that takes this reader out of the experience.

Also it's pretty apparent that Steve shoots Diana at the end of part two of the Silver Swan story, but someone decided to edit out the actual gunshot and/or blood for an "E" rating. So Wonder Woman now goes from full-on action in one panel, to grimacing while staring down at her undamaged chest in a dramatically framed panel, to staring at Steve pointing a non-smoking gun at her in the final panel, to staring up at him on the next page from the ground. Now it looks like Wonder Woman stopped in mid-fight to marvel at her own breasts before noticing Steve with a gun pointed at her. Someone really should have redrawn that page, but I guess they ran out of artists.

EDIT:

N4fj3TV.jpg

"Wait! What are these wondrous mounds of flesh attached to my torso? Why do I have this sudden urge to touc- OH! Steve, where did you come from, and why are you holding a gun?"

japbcvpavbzau9dbuaxf.jpg

I haven't played P4: Golden for months. I think I'm going to have to restart the game cuz I have the worst experience trying to catch up on RPG's I took a long break from.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Image solicitations for August

OH SHIT

Nowhere Men, Vol. 1: Fates Worse Than Death TP (New Printing)
story: Eric Stephenson
art / cover: Nate Bellegarde, Jordie Bellaire, & Fonografiks
August 05 / 144 pages / Full Color / Mature Readers / $9.99
The Eisner-nominated sci-fi hit returns in a new printing, with an all-new cover to herald the series’ return in Fall 2015.

NOWHERE MEN IS COMING BACK!

Image solicitations for August

OH SHIT

NOWHERE MEN IS COMING BACK!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! AT LAST!

Also, PHONOGRAM!!!!!

Phonogram: The Immaterial Girl #1
story: Kieron Gillen
art / cover: Jamie McKelvie & Matt Wilson
August 12 / 32 pages / Full Color / Mature Readers / $3.99
The team behind the New York Times bestselling and Eisner-nominated smash hit THE WICKED + THE DIVINE return to the acclaimed urban fantasy where they first made their names. Nearly a decade ago, Emily Aster sold half her personality for the power to rule a coven of phonomancers. I’m sure nothing could go horribly, monstrously wrong now. In a world where Music is Magic, a song can save or ruin your life. In THE IMMATERIAL GIRL, we discover what a video can do.

tumblr_inline_nokon628631r3pw6a_500.gif

And THAT RAT QUEENS COVER:

I need a print, poster, the original art, ANYTHING! I need it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom