• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
So Nameless and Annihilator will both end around the same time of never as Hawkeye, then.
Casanova and Manhattan Projects may as well not even exist at this point.
And God Hates Astronauts is doing awful saleswise and will probably be canceled.

Cool.
Everyone needs to stop buying Hickman's Marvel output so that he focuses on his creator-owned books. C'mon!

Is there anywhere that gives info on when the next issue of a given book is coming out? Example being Jem #3 didn't release last week, but I assumed it would have. UFOlogy needs to be directly injected into my veins, but issue 2 is nowhere to be seen. Etc etc

Some shop I have on Facebook said Jem is this week. I was hoping to not go out there this week but I have to now!

Is there anywhere that gives info on when the next issue of a given book is coming out? Example being Jem #3 didn't release last week, but I assumed it would have. UFOlogy needs to be directly injected into my veins, but issue 2 is nowhere to be seen. Etc etc

Comic List is an amazing resource to see what is coming out in any given week.

Aside from that the publisher of the book's website will generally give a release date.

Ex: IDW's page says May 20th for #3

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
For some reason when I got to this cover in Saga I got teary-eyed

Saga-13-Cover.jpg

I love that kid so much. It's also fun to decipher some fragments of the Wreath language, I'm sure someone has made a translation of everything already.

Oh and the incredibly corny death scene for Lying cat writes itself:
"Cat, pull it together, you're going to make it!" "LYING"

Veelk

Banned
So I just read the first issue of Perez' run on Wonder Woman.

This is a pretty bitchin' origin story. It has a very mythic feel that only feels slightly outdated by having the old "Epic Omniscient Narrator Voice" explaining everything happening.

I love the detail poured into the formation of Themyscira and the Amazons. I don't know how I feel about how the whole Heracles thing played out, as I'm not exactly sure what Athena wanted them to do if not revolt against their captors. Was it because they sought vengeance, because...I'm pretty sure Greek Mythology has no issues with seeking vengeance to right a wrong, and I'm not sure why Athena would take a different perspective on that. In fact, Heracles violated Sacred Hospitality, which is a HUGE no-no in most ancient cultures, including Greek. Vengeance here, by Ancient Greek Morality, is quite warranted and if Athena feels it's wrong, I'd have liked them to explain why, because being 'punished' for taking vengeance against what they did comes off as a bit backwards.

Still, otherwise, excellent origin story. I knew Diana was created from clay, but I always wondered how the rest of the amazons were chosen and/or born into the culture. This gives a really cool set up for how involved the Gods are and what the Amazon's place in the DC universe is. And it gives a lot of good background to the Wonder Woman's mythos, like her bracelets. It has the potential for a lot of epic stories here.

Messi

HQ_Road_Trip_cov_col.jpg

HARLEY QUINN ROAD TRIP SPECIAL #1
Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
Art by BRET BLEVINS and others
Cover by AMANDA CONNER
1:25 Variant cover by BRET BLEVINS
On sale AUGUST 26 • 48 pg, FC, $5.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will arrive in stores with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
It’s the great American summer tradition, but you’ve never seen a road trip quite like this before! Harley, Ivy, and Catwoman are burning rubber across the U.S. of A! We recommend you all stay off the roads for the month of August, just to be safe.

HARLEYPG_Cv3.jpg

Written by AMANDA CONNER, JIMMY PALMIOTTI and JUSTIN GRAY
Art by STEPHANE ROUX
Cover by AMANDA CONNER
On sale AUGUST 19 • 32 pg, FC, 3 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T
Power Girl and Vartox are finally face-to-face…unfortunately, it’s the terrifying Dark Vartox, corrupted by an ancient cosmic evil! And good lord, what has it done to his nipples?!

HARLEY_Cv19.jpg

HARLEY QUINN #19
Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
Art by CHAD HARDIN
Cover by AMANDA CONNER
Bombshells Variant cover by ANT LUCIA
On sale AUGUST 12 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
Harley’s finding out just how hard it is to be the boss! She’s finally ready to put her love life first—if only the Gang of Harleys would let her have a moment’s rest!

6c081c5f5f7b0fc5367bdb8a33a961cc.gif

All in August

Those costumes are so cool. Amanda Conner just nails those outfits. Best looking ivy in years.

I have never been so happy as I am right now. Comics man.

So Nameless and Annihilator will both end around the same time of never as Hawkeye, then.
Casanova and Manhattan Projects may as well not even exist at this point.
And God Hates Astronauts is doing awful saleswise and will probably be canceled.

Cool.

Okay, everybody keep cool and buy two issues of Deadly Class every month.

Probably gonna drop Deadly Class.
Haven't really felt it all.

WELP

RIP in peace Comics

ElNarez

Banned
Is the Harley-Ivy-Catwoman road trip gonna be the single most bisexual comic of 2015 because, it seems pretty goddamn bisexual.

Messi

So how about Wonder Woman Earth One?

I want it, but that shit is never coming out. It has joined Hawkeye, Manhattan Projects and God Hates Astronauts in the cancelled pile. Soon to be joined by Deadly Class, Rat Queens and Nowhere men for the second time.

Bleeding Cool: DC's going after Rihanna, guys.

[...] But DC aren’t just about registering their trademarks, they are challenging others. Such as Rihanna‘s company’s registration of Robyn as a trademark for an online magazine – Robyn is Rihanna’s first name. But DC Comics have published comics called Robin. And, according to DC, that’s too close.

That M Bison reveal was badass. We're definitely getting a post SFIII game and this excites me.

I too was shocked by the inclusion of M. Bison in a Street Fighter game. It's a true game changer.

Messi

Wait....is this real?

CFZHeP2WAAAqB5N.jpg

Are DC really releasing a bigger (12.5) and in color version of the Batgirl B&W the same month as the regular one? That makes my choice much harder.

Bison's new design is amazing. He's always been one of my favorites in ST and 4 so I'm happy to see him yet again.

Speaking of Street Fighter, are any of the comics worth a read? I thought about getting some of those Legends books months ago but I wasn't sure. I don't know where to begin.

ElNarez

Banned
That's just her being thirsty for what she can't have.

on the one hand yeah everyone is thirsty for america but also on the other

shut up it just works okay

noh-varr left her to get with her ex and now said ex has looted the Watcher's place

kate fucking earned something better

Squire

Banned
on the one hand yeah everyone is thirsty for america but also on the other

shut up it just works okay

noh-varr left her to get with her ex and now said ex has looted the Watcher's place

kate fucking earned something better

They're both going to be in Seige, btw.

Kate needs to be in another ongoing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom