• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
SIEGE2015003-Forbes-cov-fbc8c.jpg

Squire

Banned
My comic OTP is Peter X Black Cat

Mine is Havok x Wasp

That scene was really cute in Uncanny Avengers... #7, I think? Remender is good at romance, I think. He's subtle enough with that conversation that I thought she was hitting on Alex, but I didn't really know for sure until he did. Psylocke X Angel felt sincere without being overly melodramatic. Good stuff.

Mine is Havok x Wasp

That scene was really cute in Uncanny Avengers... #7, I think? Remender is good at romance, I think. He's subtle enough with that conversation that I thought she was hitting on Alex, but I didn't really know for sure until he did. Psylocke X Angel felt sincere without being overly melodramatic. Good stuff.

The scene with deaf Captain America is even better.

"SHE LIKES YOU!"

Zombine

Banned
image_zpscdeamsmg.jpg

My Steve Epting Black Swan & Richards came this afternoon! It's gorgeous! You should see his lines up close. They're literally flawless.

Jeff "Hack-eye" Lemire
Haters gon hate #LemiremorelikeLeSWAG
Hey, it's the music for one of the two worst stages in the game!

It's a cute reference. Unfortunately, the two main musical references in the game are basically all for by far the worse verses in the game.

They're not even that bad. Route 666 is fun, it just drags too long. The missile riding sequence is the same, but the reason why that even gets the amount of hate it does is because it happens right before Jeanne. Quite honestly, if that mission was in a separate chapter, it wouldn't even get the level of hate it does. The final mission of Bayo 2 has a similar sequence and no one bitches about that.

They're not even that bad. Route 666 is fun, it just drags too long. The missile riding sequence is the same, but the reason why that even gets the amount of hate it does is because it happens right before Jeanne. Quite honestly, if that mission was in a separate chapter, it wouldn't even get the level of hate it does. The final mission of Bayo 2 has a similar sequence and no one bitches about that.

I can agree that Route 666 isn't an inherently bad section in concept but the missile part is dull to start with. But yes, length is a huge part of the issue. Both sections in Bayo 1 go on forever whereas the related sections in Bayo 2 are both shorter and less dull. Also if the missile was its own Chapter in Bayo 1 it would still be utterly awful but at least redoing the Jeanne fight would be less painful.

ElNarez

Banned
CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER #3

KPJtQJv.jpg

Written by MING DOYLE and JAMES TYNION IV
Art by VANESA DEL REY
Cover by RILEY ROSSMO
1:25 Variant cover by KEVIN WADA
On sale AUGUST 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
Someone is murdering ghosts, a supernatural crime so impossible to solve that John Constantine is forced to return to London and seek help from the one person he hates more than any other; a magician above reproach, a darling of London high society, and a friend to superheroes everywhere. She is Georgiana Snow…the HECKBLAZER!

i fucking love comic books

I can agree that Route 666 isn't an inherently bad section in concept but the missile part is dull to start with. But yes, length is a huge part of the issue. Both sections in Bayo 1 go on forever whereas the related sections in Bayo 2 are both shorter and less dull. Also if the missile was its own Chapter in Bayo 1 it would still be utterly awful but at least redoing the Jeanne fight would be less painful.

It's a Kamiya problem. He draws things out for too long sometimes. That's why I'm glad he didn't do Bayo 2.

Mudcrab

While all of you are playing with your Witcher I'm neck deep in the Destiny expansion.

I'm currently obsessed with Invisible Inc myself.

image_zpscdeamsmg.jpg

My Steve Epting Black Swan & Richards came this afternoon! It's gorgeous! You should see his lines up close. They're literally flawless.

In a perfect universe Epting did the art for that entire New Avengers run.

any brave soul want to give a one word summary? positive / negative?

The last line sums it up nicely.

Even if "Secret Wars" itself is unappealing, this book muscles its way into your heart through sheer quality. If there are any books that somehow survive the end of "Secret Wars," I'd love for this to be one. "A-Force" is an A-Plus.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Ok, let's get this straight:

Lex Luthor = Rupert Murdoch (NewsCorp)
Lois Lane = Ashley Arenson
Lana Lang = Gillian Zinser (Beverly Hills, 90210)
Batman/Bruce Wayne = Kanye West
Vicki Vale = Kim Kardashian
Alfred = Kris Jenner
Perry White = Lufi Paris (Facebook)
Daily Planet = Red Line Studios
This Show = Field of Dreams, If you build it they will come sort of thing
Mercy Graves = Wendi Murdoch
Volcana = Dagny Taggart (Atlas Shrugged) = Ivanka Trump
Matt Pellowski (Red Line Studios Pres) = Himself
Harry Potter = OP
Charles Foster Kane = Jared Kushner (New York Observer) = Welles had future visions
Gorilla Grodd = Donald Trump = #thetruth

The Trumps are more from Superman whereas the Kardashians are more from Batman

Lucius Fox = Jay Z
Wayne Industries = Roc-A-Fella
Helena Bertinelli/The Huntress = Beyonce
Poison Ivy = Rihanna
Halle Berry's Catwoman (Logically) = Nikki Minaj
Tim Drake/Robin = Drake
Killer Croc = Eminem
Bane = Little Wayne
Guy Gardner = Grant Morrison
Sinestro = The Mad Hatter (Alice in Wonderland version) = John Waters
Alice = Martin Maloney's real life sister
Queen of Hearts = A surprise, so no spoilers
Cheshire Cat = A surprise, so no spoilers
Gandalf = Martin Maloney, Irish actor
Clark Kent/Superman = Aragorn = Peter Quill/Star Lord = ?
Rest of the Fellowship of the Ring = Actors from the show Hardy Bucks
Iron Man/Tony Stark = RDJ
Nick Fury = The Martian Manhunter = Samuel L Jackson
Phil Coulson = Stan Lee
Thanos = Major Spoiler, can't put online yet
Princess Zelda = Zelda Williams
Link = Also from Hardy Bucks
Ganandorf = Jimmy Fallon

The real Legend of Zelda is like Jimmy Fallon kidnapping Zelda Williams in some way to take over the real Triforce, and it's an absurd story, but Legend of Zelda is an absurd game.

Han Solo = John Coffey (Hollywood Agent)
Chewbacca = John Coffey's bichon dog
Yoda = Saul Kripke (Philosopher)
Santa Clause (sic) = Real spoiler, can't put it online
Godric Gryffindor = Michael Lynton (Sony Pictures)

I think it's time we had a real talk about mental health in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom