• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Damn. Spent $58.

Didn't expect to see the Age of Ultron TPB when I went in to pick up my books today and when I got home, I see they left a notice that my Chew Vol. 5, 7 and 8 are waiting for me at the post office.

Just reading at work isn't going to cut it. Need to buy a lamp for my living room after work.

"Before comics i never needed light"

This might seem weird, but she has a passing familiarity with the people in this thread.
I really like her Sex Crims blog, congrats again dude!
Damn. Spent $58.

Didn't expect to see the Age of Ultron TPB when I went in to pick up my books today

0PWf7lq.jpg

Tizoc

Wait Amazon states that set contains 21 books along with some artbooks of the series? There are 23 books with one finish after Herge's passing; aren't the rest actually in that collection?

Anyone have it and can provide feedback please?

Just in case you or anyone else missed it, you may own a chog http://www.skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/category/chew (the pink one is on sale)

and second of all, digital future! :D

Thanks for that link. I don't know what a chog is yet but if at least I'll know where to get a plush of one if I'm so inclined later on.

"Before comics i never needed light"

Hahahah. I've been meaning to buy one since I moved out on my own but I've put it off. You know, comics and vinyl and all that come first.

I really like her Sex Crims blog, congrats again dude!

0PWf7lq.jpg

What can I say? I bought the True Believers issue and the last image of
Cap looking spiritually broken on the floor
sold me on it.

Wait Amazon states that set contains 21 books along with some artbooks of the series? There are 23 books with one finish after Herge's passing; aren't the rest actually in that collection?

This is in one of the reviews:

It's also a shame that 3 Tintin adventures were left out of this collection: "Tintin in the Congo", "Land of the Soviets" and the unfinished "Alph Art." Political over-correctness from a vocal minority wins out (apparently "Congo" isn't meant to be read by impressionable young children OR the adults buying this set) and instead we have Michael Farr's "Tintin and Co." - not a total loss but I would rather have the 3 stories which I've never read.

They also seem to indicate that the pages (or at least the text?) are on the smaller side, which seems correct based on the listed dimensions.

ElNarez

Banned

Soviets kinda has nothing to do with what you know as Tintin, despite being from the same artist with the same character, Alph'Art is literally left unfinished, and Congo is a toxic piece of shit that no one should read ever -don't worry, there's still plenty of early 20th century colonialist racism, and some antisemitism thrown in for good measure-.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Does someone here need a code for Secret Wars #1? Will get my Issue in a couple of days and since I got the code yet, I would give it away

rrc1594

Question Gaf I got into DC when the New 52 happened, is the Secret Wars a good time to jump into Marvel. I only been keeping up with Spider-Man. Now I'm confused, because are they ending the Amazing Spider-Man comics and WTF is Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows.

Tizoc

Soviets kinda has nothing to do with what you know as Tintin, despite being from the same artist with the same character, Alph'Art is literally left unfinished, and Congo is a toxic piece of shit that no one should read ever -don't worry, there's still plenty of early 20th century colonialist racism, and some antisemitism thrown in for good measure-.

I read that Herge apologized for that comic, the times being what they were, his other Tintin books are still stellar though.

Actually I plan on someday building up a Belgin+French comic collection, atm I have in mind

Tintin
Asterix
Lucky Luke
Spirou and Fantazio
Iznogoud
Thorgal (only have Vol. 1 and 2 though)

Any other series worth picking up?

This is in one of the reviews:

They also seem to indicate that the pages (or at least the text?) are on the smaller side, which seems correct based on the listed dimensions.

I see thanks.

I want a group shot of our avatars with all our titles underneath, like the ones on Tumblr when people ask their mam to name all the characters from Smash Bros or something.
The one thing we know for sure is that people think frye is the chillest
Nice. Picked up Deadly Class Vol. 1 for now. Hope I'm into it. I really dig Remender.

You'll totally love it. Black Science and Low are good too but I think Deadly Class is just a perfect marriage between his writing and the incredibly stylish artwork.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Question Gaf I got into DC when the New 52 happened, is the Secret Wars a good time to jump into Marvel. I only been keeping up with Spider-Man. Now I'm confused, because are they ending the Amazing Spider-Man comics and WTF is Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows.
They will continue Amazing Spider-Man after Secret Wars and Renew Your Vowes is a Tie-In with a take on a alternate Peter Parker.

ElNarez

Banned
I read that Herge apologized for that comic, the times being what they were, his other Tintin books are still stellar though.

I mean they're technically superb, but, iirc, every chinese character in the Blue Lotus speaks with Ls where Rs would be, the villain in The Shooting Star is literally a jewish banker, in all the ugliness of that caricature, and there's plenty more.

Very nice! Looks like a great room to be in.
Sweet lava lamp lamp by the way. Haha

Thanks! I went to buy a lamp for the room and they either looked terrible or were too expensive. Lava lamp wins again.

Love it dude!!! Nice job :D

Thank you!

Lol Bloom,, that makes a lot more sense

Nooiceee
That batman piece your wife did is amazing man.
I Know you've probably said this but what kind of frames are those?

Makes me want to take a video of my ComicCave/BatCave.. finally starting to get it situated .

I think they are called BCW Frames. Thanks!

Very nice, so jealous of all the space you have.

All my HC/TPB's are is still confined to one KALLAX shelf and I started double shelving.

:/

Thank you!

Just realized I posted this in the wrong comics thread. If an image is in a link, it's a spoiler.

Ultimate End #1: I was sold a bill of goods!
I expected this to be about the end of the Ultimate Universe, instead it's about a weird amalgam of the 616 and Ultimate Universes that have been occupying Manhattan together.
Offers more questions than answers. Great moments with 616 Spider-Man dealing with Ultimate Universe ramifications.

A-Force #1: I like the idea, but this was all set-up I guess? It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. Odd point for me, why is She-Hulk the leader of Arcadia? Miss America is still a boss.
Also, Miss America x Lady Loki is my new power couple.
Image Jorge Molina remains one of my favorite artists though.
4Ql4RkS.jpg

Spider-Verse #1: Various Spider-People -
Spider-Gwen, Spider-Girl (Anya), Spider-UK, Spider-Man India, Spider-Ham, Spider-Man Noir, collectively called The Sinister Six in-issue
- are trapped in a world controlled by Norman Osborn. Where does this take place? I assume Manhattan? Crowded place in Battleworld. Still not a fan of Andre Araujo's work.

Uncanny X-Men #35: This issue deals with what happens to Cyclops' X-Men-in-training now that their leader is gone. And the lingering issue of Mystique and SHIELD. Pretty psyched about their potential future as Bendis never really got a chance to dig into these characters. Also, I admit, I'm loving new Dazzler. Great friggin' issue.
T38lxBQ.jpg

Battleworld #1: The Punisher possessed by Dr. Strange.
zgyD4SM.jpg

Multiverse MODOKs.
V3SI4pN.jpg

Magical.

Convergence #7: The New 52 gets a taste of the multiverse. Otherwise, all things go to hell, but I still don't care. If Telos (planet) stays around after this event, I'd be down with that status quo.
KRT75k4.jpg

Convergence Minis:

Flash #2 - This issue-long conversation between Tangent Superman and Barry was great stuff.
Superboy and The Legion #2 - I love the Legion and seeing Superboy be a real hero is always a treat. i miss the Legion. Any Legion.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What if you are meeting someone from the Internet for the first time, who you like as hell when you are messaging, but you think the other person is unsympathic when meet in Person? Or you dont like each other then.

I am so afraid right now... :(

Owzers

Power Girl : Aliens and Apes tb vol 2 - I liked it more than the first volume because I knew what to expect, a standard cape book but with great art and some charm. Power Girl's day job is still incredibly dull and exists to break up the action, but that action is always decent.

Cavs/Hawks tonight, Cavs got this?

What if you are meeting someone from the Internet for the first time, who you like as hell when you are messaging, but you think the other person is unsympathic when meet in Person? Or you dont like each other then.

I'm a great guy in person brah. Don't worry.

I've met several of my online homies from out of state and we've always had no issues irl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom