• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReAxion

What if you are meeting someone from the Internet for the first time, who you like as hell when you are messaging, but you think the other person is unsympathic when meet in Person? Or you dont like each other then.

I am so afraid right now... :(

Think of this as just one issue in your decades-long series. It may be momentous, but it also may be entirely forgettable.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I've met several of my online homies from out of state and we've always had no issues irl
I dunno... She is kinda my best friend who Ive never meet in real life. We text for about 1 1/2 year every day almost all the time.

But still. Argh. I am maybe just scared, but I dont know.

Splatt

anKwzdB_700b.jpg

I dunno... She is kinda my best friend who Ive never meet in real life. We text for about 1 1/2 year every day almost all the time.

You'll be fine

I met one of my best friends in Team Fortress 2 and we talked almost every day. Years down the line his dad was generous enough to buy me tickets to SDCC (twice even) along with plane tickets and all that. When we met for the first time we had literally no problems just being ourselves. If you talk that much already, I wouldn't worry about it.

Anyone read today's Mega Man? It's pretty brutal with the themes of purpose vs programming and such. For a filler issue setting up the MMX/Sonic crossover, it's really fucking strong.

And now it's only 7 days until Worlds Unite. God damn it's exciting.

CFZ4p2EUIAAGvjb.jpg:large

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You'll be fine

I met one of my best friends in Team Fortress 2 and we talked almost every day. Years down the line his dad was generous enough to buy me tickets to SDCC (twice even) along with plane tickets and all that. When we met for the first time we had literally no problems just being ourselves. If you talk that much already, I wouldn't worry about it.
I hope so. I am extremly shy. I hope I even get a word out of my mouth.

Zombine

Banned
I don't really care about that whole "online friend" thing. Too old to care. I just like to chill with people and take them along for the ride.

Anyone read today's Mega Man? It's pretty brutal with the themes of purpose vs programming and such. For a filler issue setting up the MMX/Sonic crossover, it's really fucking strong.

Whoooooooooooooooo

Dat's pretty good

Tizoc

DSSW2_Gwenpool_var_Bachalo.jpg

Yes. Gimmie.

Wait Gwenpool? Honestly this is a great female deadpool design, surprised no one's ever bothered changing it from the usual red+black motif.

Effin' Billy Hatcher, I been hyping this comic every chance I get, people here just hate kids comics :V

Got a bigger ver. than this? I can't make out all the characters.

Zombine

Banned
oh :(

Hey guys, how do you remove an online friend from steam?

Lol what I'm saying is that I don't have a problem with the transition. It's not hard for me. I just meet people and begin talking and don't give a shit. I don't consider people online friends or real friends. They're just my friends. I straight up tell most of you outside of GAF to call me TJ.

Lol what I'm saying is that I don't have a problem with the transition. It's not hard for me. I just meet people and begin talking and don't give a shit. I don't consider people online friends or real friends. They're just my friends.

Trying to cover your tracks, I see

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Want to try out more Image stuff. Ordered first volumes of Lazarus, Zero and Shutter. Curious.

Are you guys on goodreads? If so, add me here. I'd love to get a more active comic feed there

What's her name? I'll meet her first, and then I can be the arbitrator between you two(later)

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Want to try out more Image stuff. Ordered first volumes of Lazarus, Zero and Shutter. Curious.

Are you guys on goodreads? If so, add me here. I'd love to get a more active comic feed there

Good call, my dude. Zero is one of the most experimental comics I've ever read, and it's really fucking great. Just don't speed-read it and see if you're feeling what the talented (and massive) team behind it is doing.

Also, totally talk about it here after you read some.

Good call, my dude. Zero is one of the most experimental comics I've ever read, and it's really fucking great. Just don't speed-read it and see if you're feeling what the talented (and massive) team behind it is doing.

I bet if we add a handful of more Zero readers, we would probably represent 40-100% of Zero readers

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I bet if we add a handful of more Zero readers, we would probably represent 40-100% of Zero readers

Heartbreaking but true. But yo, once Zero becomes a hit tv show, we'll be the coolest people around, right? RIght??

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Hmm really intrigued now. I'll definitely post impressions.

btw the line-up of everything Image has going on now is impressive to say the least! They seem to have interesting series in very diverse genres. It's hard to contain myself and not order more (Black Science, Velvet, etc.) I want to read like 15+ of their series.

edit: welp, also bought the first The Wicked + The Divine trade, digital

Hmm really intrigued now. I'll definitely post impressions.

btw the line-up of everything Image has going on now is impressive to say the least! They seem to have interesting series in very diverse genres. It's hard to contain myself and not order more (Black Science, Velvet, etc.) I want to read like 15+ of their series.
I am reading like 15+ image series and most of them are better reading then what the big two are producing. It just sucks that sales don't reflect that.

I am reading like 15+ image series and most of them are better reading then what the big two are producing. It just sucks that sales don't reflect that.

Getting your average comic fan to read Image is tough. Most posts I've seen on social media about them are generally still "BRING BACK YOUNGBLOOD LOL".

We need another Image series to breakout as a TV or movie hit if this has a chance of changing. It would be wonderful if we had another 3 or 4 Image books that could hit Walking Dead's big numbers and maybe even trade sales. I guess Saga is up there in TPB sales at least.

I wonder what else is in development for movies/TV from Image? What happened to the Chew cartoon that was in development for awhile?

ReAxion

edit: welp, also bought the first The Wicked + The Divine trade, digital

Welcome!

Getting your average comic fan to read Image is tough. Most posts I've seen on social media about them are generally still "BRING BACK YOUNGBLOOD LOL".

We need another Image series to breakout as a TV or movie hit if this has a chance of changing. It would be wonderful if we had another 3 or 4 Image books that could hit Walking Dead's big numbers and maybe even trade sales. I guess Saga is up there in TPB sales at least.

I wonder what else is in development for movies/TV from Image? What happened to the Chew cartoon that was in development for awhile?

Not sure if it died or not.

At least we have *gulp* Millar.

Messi

Sex Criminals is coming. Rat Queens has an animated show coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom