• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
This does not compute

I think he's on to something this time man...I see this working out for him. The visuals will definitely push the book a bit, but I'm anticipating a really fun ride.

I love Millar though, rigged wombs and all, so I guess you may want to proceede with caution. I'll take one for the team next week and report back. I'm aware of my own biases so I'll try to separate my particular interests from the book itself.

Zombine

Banned
read Deadly Class #1

yo

yooooooo

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yo-Yo-Trick-Fail.gif

Today is payday. Than means I can buy all of Messi's pages that he wants and Grand Harriers. Then I'll sell them back for $100 more. But to be fair, that would put the cost of GH's page at $101 dollars.

Messi

Yo-Yo-Trick-Fail.gif

Today is payday. Than means I can buy all of Messi's pages that he wants and Grand Harriers. Then I'll sell them back for $100 more. But to be fair, that would put the cost of GH's page at $101 dollars.

On the verge of buying an A Force page.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
TBH I felt that Avengers 2 could've been better with less of his usual humorous quips, or rather; your shtick worked fine the first time, applying it a 2nd time though makes loses the charm.
I think the same, still, this doesnt make Whedon the low-tier shit deliverer of the MCU and the Russos jesus 2.0.
Everytime you go into to Cap or a Avengers thread people are hyperboling like there is no tomorrow.

Look in the Cap setpictuew thread.
These people are even to stupid to understand why Whedon thought that it was a bad idea to bring Bucky back and whats the historical reason from the comicbook perspective is and post shit like "yeah, lol, dude even revived Collossus, Whedon is a moron, lol. No wonder this idiot only mentioned Bucky in a short senquence in Ultron, our magical Russos would have given him a full fledged cameo where he single handed saved all the avengers with the little finger"
Its just annoying at this point. Without Whedon they would maybe not even got Winter Soldier, not to speak from Civil War and the Infinity War Duology.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Tim did. He said he liked the Immortan Joe story a lot and said the Nux one was just okay

Also, I'm sorry for anyone who puts up with my bullshit on tumblr lol

Can we all agree Nux was the best non-Charlize Theron character? Fucking love that shiny-mouthed dude.

tim1138

Can we all agree Nux was the best non-Charlize Theron character? Fucking love that shiny-mouthed dude.

Without a doubt, Nux was fantastic.

I think his story in the comic didn't resonate with me simply because I didn't need (or want really) to know his backstory and how he became a War Boy.

Squire

Banned
check your PMs

Hell yeah, dude was so lovable.

Speaking of Mad Max (which was fucking awesome), I just saw this on tumblr:

Kris Anka is so great

He was my favorite artist on Bendis' Uncanny run. He and whoever did the colors for those issues made them so great. Really vibrant.

read Deadly Class #1

yo

yooooooo

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You've... made the right choice.

Jem and the Holograms # 3

Its gotten better with every issue so far. Loved this one. Sophie Campbell's expressive artwork makes all the dialogue exchanges a treat to read. She really stepped it up even further with this issue, too. Pizzazz' freak-out being a stand-out example. Dat extreme contempt boiling over into unbridled rage.

pizzazd.png

From the set up for it, the next issues seems like it'll be a ton of fun. Can't wait.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i need A-Force #2 ASAP

it's got a good start, but i feel like the book needed an issue just to set the stage for it's story.

You've... made the right choice.

Jem and the Holograms # 3

Its gotten better with every issue so far. Loved this one. Sophie Campbell's expressive artwork makes all the dialogue exchanges a treat to read. She really stepped it up even further with this issue, too. Pizzazz' freak-out being a stand-out example. Dat extreme contempt boiling over into unbridled rage.

pizzazd.png

From the set up for it, the next issues seems like it'll be a ton of fun. Can't wait.

Yeah, it's another great issue. Fun, cute, more amazing art. Next issue should be the truly outrageous finale of this opening act.

Also, is it wrong that I was endlessly amused by the one angry letter that was, essentially, "I'm sure I'm not the only one, but how dare you make a Jem comic that isn't literally just scene for scene mirroring of TV episodes!" and the response was basically "Well, actually, you were the only one."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom