• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Alright ComicGAF, what should I get from the CMX IDW sale? I've got the first volume of Locke & Key which I enjoyed quite a bit, so I'm thinking of picking up the rest of that series. I own, but haven't read the first four TMNT trades, so I'm thinking about picking up the rest of them. I've also heard how great Transformers MTME is, so I was thinking about picking up that whole run. Assuming I only go for one of these, which should I get? Or should I pick up something COMPLETELY different?? Help me, ComicGAF, you're my only hope!

I'm biased and say get MTMTE....
bu really you wanna get all of them because they're all great comics =3

Does the IDW sale feature Last Stand of the Wreckers? Get that too since it serves as a predecessor to the series.

Zombine

Banned
It's always been like that. Wizkids builds hype around all their Con Exclusives and then never meets the demand. Since they are playable in the games they produce alot of people who can't make it to the cons want them that hyper inflates the secondary market.

So basically Wizkids are Nintendo, and heroclix are actually Amiibo?

Remender gets X-Men
Waid is doing Avengers
Slott aint ever leaving Spider-Man
Soule is doing GRITTY NETFLIX DAREDEVIL EDITION*
Bunn is doing that one book nobody reads
Ewing is doing some boss ass book people should be reading
Gillen is doing some weird ass tumblr book we'll hear about once a month from ElNarez
and Squirrel Girl will be cancelled, because we don't deserve it

*actual title

This is too accurate.

Alright ComicGAF, what should I get from the CMX IDW sale? I've got the first volume of Locke & Key which I enjoyed quite a bit, so I'm thinking of picking up the rest of that series. I own, but haven't read the first four TMNT trades, so I'm thinking about picking up the rest of them. I've also heard how great Transformers MTME is, so I was thinking about picking up that whole run. Assuming I only go for one of these, which should I get? Or should I pick up something COMPLETELY different?? Help me, ComicGAF, you're my only hope!

Transformers MTMTE, with Last Stand of the Wreckers.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Remender gets X-Men
Waid is doing Avengers
Gillen is doing some weird ass tumblr book we'll hear about once a month from ElNarez

*actual title
I want Bendis on Daredevil.

Damn it, half of you are telling me Transformers vs G I Joe and the other half are saying MTMTE. I guess there is at least a consensus of Transformers. I'll see if I can swing Transformers vs G.I. Joe and Locke & Key.Thanks, you guys never steer me wrong!

P.S. Is the new Planet Hulk really worth picking up at 4.99?? Seems like a cool concept, but not 4.99 cool.

Savitar

Transformers MTMTE is the best.

And I got no idea if this was mentioned but according to Bleeding Cool DC plans to run ads on the same page as the comic art
Ala:
Top-April-1954bullwhip-600x926.jpg

ElNarez

Banned
Remender gets X-Men
Waid is doing Avengers

*actual title

ACUTALLY GILLEN ALREADY SAID HE'S NOT DOING ANY MARVEL WORK THAT'S NOT DARTH VADER POST SW SO

WRONG

also you're a jerk

I am not enough of a poet to enjoy the Gotham Academy preview for anything other than the art; I kept trying to rearrange things so the syllable count worked out :(

Still super excited about Damian's appearance.

Still baffles me a bit that comics running US$ 4+ have ads in them, and not just a bit like one or two pages at the very end, but 4+.

Last time I got a print comic it seemed pretty clear that they're getting very little from ads, ton of in house stuff.

Pro tip, ads really exist because comics need to be printed with pages in multiples of four. A 22 page comic needs like 6 ads to printed correctly.

Or do you think it's ads for Spidey pajamas that are keeping marvel in business?

Pro tip, ads really exist because comics need to be printed with pages in multiples of four. A 22 page comic needs like 6 ads to printed correctly.

How did you get to that number? That also changes nothing about throwing them all at the end of the issue. Positioning determines value, and given how rarely they're positioned in the latter pages...

Should I bite on the D&D and Baldur's Gate comics from the IDW sale?

The "Fell's Five" series (the one just called Dungeons and Dragons) is excellent. Baldur's Gate is decent but not as good as Jim Zub's Pathfinder stuff.

The Eberron Infestation issues and the annual were great as well, but I am a huge mark for that setting so grain of salt.

Alright ComicGAF, what should I get from the CMX IDW sale? Or should I pick up something COMPLETELY different?? Help me, ComicGAF, you're my only hope!

I just picked up few things during the sale. Here's what I got:

The Infinite Loop #1 - lots of great reviews and I love the art

Jem and the Holograms #1 - I'm all in for Sophie Campbell on art

The October Faction #1-6 - Steve Niles' take on the Adams Family, essentially. Niles is a writer I'm iffy on, since he tends to fall into similar rhythms across all his work, but advance word has been good on this series.

Little Nemo: Return to Slumberland - Beautiful, beautiful art by Gabriel Rodríguez

Messi

The October Faction #1-6 - Steve Niles' take on the Adams Family, essentially. Niles is a writer I'm iffy on, since he tends to fall into similar rhythms across all his work, but advance word has been good on this series.

Little Nemo: Return to Slumberland - Beautiful, beautiful art by Gabriel Rodríguez

Sophie Campbell's art is soooo good. It's almost unfair.

Yeah, I actually picked up Infinite Loop when it came out, really enjoyed it. Story and art, its going to be good comics.

I wasn't super interested in Jem until someone posted a small scan a page or two back and the coloring and art looked AWESOME. I also had Little Nemo's first issue, and the art is absolutely great in that book. I didn't realize it was IDW, I'll have to pick up the following issues for that as well. Arrrrghh damn CMX sales, I swear these things are worse for my wallet then a steam sale!

Yeah, I actually picked up Infinite Loop when it came out, really enjoyed it. Story and art, its going to be good comics.

I wasn't super interested in Jem until someone posted a small scan a page or two back and the coloring and art looked AWESOME. I also had Little Nemo's first issue, and the art is absolutely great in that book. I didn't realize it was IDW, I'll have to pick up the following issues for that as well. Arrrrghh damn CMX sales, I swear these things are worse for my wallet then a steam sale!

Yeah, the art + colouring for Jem are just perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom