• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspired by Rhaknar, I decided to re-read Bendi's Daredevil run and it's so good. It might even be better than I remember. What happened to this Bendis?

For real. I read his whole run for the first time last month and I was blown away. So much better than stuff like Guardians.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
T'challa to Mephisto

tumblr_mzmirktrF71r33r0fo1_400.gif

o_O

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if ComicGAF is the same as Comic-StripGAF, but I just watched "Stripped" on Netflix. Being a daily cartoonist seems like an assload of work.

Also the old guard are hella salty about the internet. They even interview people that work at the syndicates that sell the comics to the paper, and they're basically desperate to convince artists that the internet is, like, totally hard work, seriously just let them handle all the business stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why does Cap have a energy shield in 98?

(The Avengers show up in issue #8, Busiek's team I believe)

Sblargh

Banned
For real. I read his whole run for the first time last month and I was blown away. So much better than stuff like Guardians.

Guardians is not good, but All New X-Men and Uncanny are great.

It's not on the same level I think, it doesn't even look like the same writer. As much as I like his All New X-Men run and some of his Avengers run, those were like, good super hero, you know? Those are good, fun, so on. But his DD and Alias, that's so... really, another level, I don't even know how else to put it.

Rhaknar

Achebe is annoying as shit...in a good way

It's not on the same level I think, it doesn't even look like the same writer. As much as I like his All New X-Men run and some of his Avengers run, those were like, good super hero, you know? Those are good, fun, so on. But his DD and Alias, that's so... really, another level, I don't even know how else to put it.

Before returning to comics I only knew Bendis from Powers and his black & white stuff like Alias so I didn't understand the hate I read towards him lately (before starting to read again that is)

If I could reach the stars
Pull one down for you
Shine it on my heart
So you can see the truth

That this love inside
Is everything it seems
But for now I find
It's only in my dreams

Squire

Banned
It's a bit confusing early on as he is just dickhead Spider-Man with the regular costume. Does he ever use the cooler black one?

There's definitely in at least one fight scene where you clearly see him in the new suit, yeah. After the issue with Hyperion and the zebras though, he's done as far as dialogue.

At a certain point the roster(s) will refresh and he won't even be there. I think Hick probably just wanted a chance to write a bit for SpOck.

PsychBat!

Banned
Hickman writing SpOck in Avengers is just wonderful. I'd totally want him on a SpOck book if he ever came back. But since that's not gonna happen, I really want Slott to get off of Spidey after SW and let Remender have a chance at writing a happy go lucky Spidey.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Hickman writing SpOck in Avengers is just wonderful. I'd totally want him on a SpOck book if he ever came back. But since that's not gonna happen, I really want Slott to get off of Spidey after SW and let Remender have a chance at writing a happy go lucky Spidey.

Is he even better than his FF Spidey? Really loved what he did with Peter there so far.

PsychBat!

Banned
Is he even better than his FF Spidey? Really loved what he did with Peter there so far.

Hard to say now, currently Hickman has shown off his Spidey more than Remender due to the Peter/Johnny issue in FF. But the dialogue Remender had for Spidey in Rage of Ultron was so smooth that the small back and forth between him and Sabretooth was just... fresh.

Both writers haven't written massive amounts of Spidey but I wouldn't mind if it was one and not the other. Seeing as how Hickman will be taking a break after SW, Remender should be the best candidate.

Rhaknar

lol I knew it

How can I help?

You can't, we are outnumbered... not unlike the mutants :p

We must protect ComicGaf even tho they fear and hate us I suppose

Or we take it over Cyclops style

Man, I think it's my long winded hate of Cyke that's now lasted over a decade that makes him such an insufferable character.
Yea I liked doormat good guy Scott even when others didn't back in the day. But I really don't enjoy Magneto-lite Scott that's been in the comics for the last 5-10 years or so

Squire

Banned
Man, I think it's my long winded hate of Cyke that's now lasted over a decade that makes him such an insufferable character.

I feel you. I've only really known him (as in, in comics) for a few months now, but it's been in a variety of books from the past decade and yeah, dude is pretty bad.

I really think Bendis is doing a good job writing his come down though. He's humbling himself somewhat and he seems to finally be willing to be take responsibility for his actions. I've always really respected that in people, so I've enjoyed that curve in him.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Hard to say now, currently Hickman has shown off his Spidey more than Remender due to the Peter/Johnny issue in FF. But the dialogue Remender had for Spidey in Rage of Ultron was so smooth that the small back and forth between him and Sabretooth was just... fresh.

Both writers haven't written massive amounts of Spidey but I wouldn't mind if it was one and not the other. Seeing as how Hickman will be taking a break after SW, Remender should be the best candidate.

I don't know if he can go full time with his Jimmy Kimmel gig, but I've really liked everything I've seen from Jeff Loveness' Spidey.

Got my Avengers: Age of Ultron poster in by Vance Kelly. EEeeeeeeeeee!!
That's pretty fucking good.
So, apparently Agents of Shield ain't doin' so hot, huh? Just read an article that said its season finale did worse than the second to last episode of The Flash (the article was written last week). 1.3 to 1.4.

That was the repeat. Agents of SHIELD's season finale did worse than the previous episode. People have surmised it's because it was a 2-hour finale. No clue. Great episode.

AoS probably cant recover from the awful first few episodes. Killed any enthusiasm I could muster for the show while Flash has been great from the beginning.
The DVR numbers are outstanding, so while live viewership isn't the best (though it has improved a bit from the first season), the DVR numbers are really high.

AoS has also improved significantly. A slow start to a series doesn't damage it forever.

pouty-face.jpg

I'm still mad at you for that polygon link, MH. :mad: :p

They were the original source! I didn't have a choice!

I feel you. I've only really known him (as in, in comics) for a few months now, but it's been in a variety of books from the past decade and yeah, dude is pretty bad.

I really think Bendis is doing a good job writing his come down though. He's humbling himself somewhat and he seems to finally be willing to be take responsibility for his actions. I've always really respected that in people, so I've enjoyed that curve in him.

disappoint2.gif

Y'all don't even get my man. Hate him because he's the angry black man of the mutant race and he's right. Cyke don't take no shit anymore. Doormat Cyke? Nah, brehs. At least Hickman and Marvel know the truth.

Squire

Banned
disappoint2.gif

Y'all don't even get my man. Hate him because he's the angry black man of the mutant race and he's right. Cyke don't take no shit anymore. Doormat Cyke? Nah, brehs. At least Hickman and Marvel know the truth.

Fam, pls

I tried to give him a chance. I really did. But the shit pulled during early Kyle/Yost X-Force? Unforgivable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom