• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only been to two, and they were both siblings. Pretty boring overall, and I was wrecked at the end of my brother's because I was one of the groomsmen. I have been invited to a few people from school's weddings, I have turned them all down but that's more to do with the fact that if I haven't talked to you for 10 years, there's probably a reason. That, and I dislike the Irish thing that you have to invite everyone you've ever met, plus their relations.

See, I find this pretty interesting because my time being a bridesmaid was far and away the best experience I've ever had with a wedding. I mean, beyond wanting to get the heels I had to wear for the ceremony off, but that was mostly because I have odd sized feet and was limited in my options so it wasn't a perfect fit or what I wanted to be wearing.

Calcium

Banned
I only ask, because introverts look for reasons to actively hate events involving people. All parties are "horrible" or "stupid" or whatever, and the reality is that they're just not letting loose. I'm an introvert myself (who has learned to act extroverted for my career) and I have learned that at 25, if you're not enjoying an outing with people, it's probably because you're not allowing yourself to have fun.

I do generally hate events until I start drinking. I've been told dozens of times that I should drink more often because I'm so fun when I'm drunk. (Which is pretty insulting, really.) I'm sure if I'm ever forced to attend another wedding I'll enjoy myself more, but right now my opinion is that they are awful.

I've created a terrible backlog recently.I'm reading through Waid's Daredevil, I'm about 6 issues behind on Deadly Class and Zero, and I got in the two HC editions of Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck last week. To top it off, my Doom Patrol omnibus came in yesterday.

Thoughts so far: Yeah, it's definitely a Morrison book! Has not completely grabbed me yet, but I'm sure the long game will be worth it.

I read the newest Convergence and while I admit its hasn't technically been the greatest story, the last few issues have been entertaining and I'm exited for the finale next week. I admit I'm willing to forgive some writing of my favorite characters are involved. It's cool to see the history of the DCU interacting with each other.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I've created a terrible backlog recently.I'm reading through Waid's Daredevil, I'm about 6 issues behind on Deadly Class and Zero, and I got in the two HC editions of Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck last week. To top it off, my Doom Patrol omnibus came in yesterday.

Thoughts so far: Yeah, it's definitely a Morrison book! Has not completely grabbed me yet, but I'm sure the long game will be worth it.

Have you gotten to the Brotherhood of Dada yet?

Zombine

Banned
I do generally hate events until I start drinking. I've been told dozens of times that I should drink more often because I'm so fun when I'm drunk. (Which is pretty insulting, really.) I'm sure if I'm ever forced to attend another wedding I'll enjoy myself more, but right now my opinion is that they are awful.

Drinking more often is not a good idea. Drinking to get the edge off frequently is not healthy. What I was trying to just point out is that as a fellow introvert, while there is nothing wrong with enjoying the quieter things in life, you can't let the big parties and events get past you or you'll end up regretting it.

http://youtu.be/c0KYU2j0TM4

This will help you. It definitely helped me.

I read the newest Convergence and while I admit its hasn't technically been the greatest story, the last few issues have been entertaining and I'm exited for the finale next week. I admit I'm willing to forgive some writing of my favorite characters are involved. It's cool to see the history of the DCU interacting with each other.

Yeah it hasn't really grabbed me yet.
I am just waiting to get all 8 issues then read it at once.

Zombine

Banned
Go to parties/events, and invent a persona for yourself. The persona is "I like being here."

279.jpg

Well, my brother's here. Time to bring the genderless dystopia to Ireland!

penny-dance-party.gif

I don't even know what this is from but I always see it in same-sex marriage threads

Zombine

Banned
Would I end up being the only woman surrounded by mostly single men?

No. And it doesn't matter anyway because we're adults and don't care about gender.

I'm taken, rexax is a girl, Ben is married to Marvel, Cheska is a girl, Flilthy is married to Ales Kot, who broke up with Vito and that's why he got so mad.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
No. And it doesn't matter anyway because we're adults and don't care about gender.

I'm taken, rexax is a girl, Ben is married to Marvel, Cheska is a girl, Flilthy is married to Ales Kot, who broke up with Vito and that's why he got so mad.

Tim, dressed as B'Wana Beast, is going to be the Rabbi at my and Ales' wedding. I hope everybody can make it.

Calcium

Banned
GAF is eating up all my comic reading time. I got the new deluxe edition for Fables yesterday too. Gotta get through quite a few books before I start it, though.

I probably should have included a /s with my post. And being married to Marvel seems like it would only work if you were totally OK with an open marriage, what with all those imprints playing the field.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There is no way Fury Road is able to top Judgement Days Intro.

Fuck, this is so brillant. I hate that I was born so late, would have loved it to see all this stuff in cinema.

Bii

Whoa, wait.

You're taken? Damn. Only reason why I even post here was because I thought I had a chance.

I guess I'll go on my merry way; maybe devote my time to FutbolGAF and bid everyone here farewell. A fake goodbye of sorts because I'll probably return in 24 minutes.

Zombine

Banned
Do I get an invite?

I was gonna see If we could do whatever at NYCC anyways.

Whoa, wait.

You're taken? Damn. Only reason why I even post here was because I thought I had a chance.

I guess I'll go on my merry way; maybe devote my time to FutbolGAF and bid everyone here farewell. A fake goodbye of sorts because I'll probably return in 24 minutes.

Bii
Would leave his wife for a dude who everyone thinks is a girl

Filthy Slug

That talk was really beautiful, man. Hadn't heard it before, but I think it vocalizes so many things that I can't to people who don't necessarily understand.

Also, I totally grew up in summer camps, in the woods, and they saved my life as a little introverted dude.

frye

Drinking more often is not a good idea. Drinking to get the edge off frequently is not healthy. What I was trying to just point out is that as a fellow introvert, while there is nothing wrong with enjoying the quieter things in life, you can't let the big parties and events get past you or you'll end up regretting it.

That talk was really beautiful, man. Hadn't heard it before, but I think it vocalizes so many things that I can't to people who don't necessarily understand.

Also, I totally grew up in summer camps, in the woods, and they saved my life as a little introverted dude.

This lady sounds exactly like Lisa Kudrow it's uncanny

Lol.

LYT: Can you reassure some of the fans right now who are a little upset at the way it looks and feel like it's not true to the property from what they've seen?

JB: It is a hundred per cent true to the spirit of Jem, like 100%, and I think that people will be very pleasantly surprised. So in that way it's good - maybe lowering expectations is good. But I think people will be pleasantly surprised for sure.

Filthy Slug

Not yet. Only read the first story (4 issues). When does this Brotherhood show up?
Very soon. I'm not saying the issues leading up to that arc aren't great, but the Brotherhood of Dada arc is one of my favorite in all comics, and I think it's where you realize what Doom Patrol is about.
Me and Kipp's girl will definitely be there fam.

I hope BuddyJoeHooker shows up just so we can tell him to get out.

Yo, don't worry, Kipp is coming with John Darnielle of The Mountain Goats, so his +1 doesn't go to waste.

Boogiepop

God, this is the dumbest thing. Sitting here getting more and more frustrated because I can not for the life of me find a way to make this dialogue balloon filled instead of transparent in Manga Studios, and I guess because of the different versions of the program I'm also not managing to find an answer online. This should be simple and not such a massive pain! Why is this so hard?! Bleh.

Zombine

Banned
You know, I always assumed that when people freak out that they lost their cellphones it isn't because they lost a $400+ dollar device, but instead because they don't want the person who found it to read their sexts and view their nudes.

Just some food for thought. I think it adds a bit of context to when people start freaking out and asking if you saw it.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
When I signed up for Gaf months ago, it was because I was excited about Bloodborne and wanted to talk about it, but ComicGaf has quickly become my favorite place on the internet.

Y'all are some silly bastards, and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Except Messi. I feel like I've got a handle on him already.

Zombine

Banned
When I signed up for Gaf months ago, it was because I was excited about Bloodborne and wanted to talk about it, but ComicGaf has quickly become my favorite place on the internet.

Y'all are some silly bastards, and I look forward to getting to know you better.

terminator-smiling-Arnold-Schwarzenegger.gif

Messi

I don't even know what this means.

I will CUT YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom