• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I signed up for Gaf months ago, it was because I was excited about Bloodborne and wanted to talk about it, but ComicGaf has quickly become my favorite place on the internet.

Y'all are some silly bastards, and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Except Messi. I feel like I've got a handle on him already.

You missed so many great things that made us who we are today. The baby boomers, the civil war, comicGAF vs OT GAF, civil war 2, multiple JC bannings. So many memories. Out of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, this is the community I want to come share all these new cat pictures with first. But refer to civil war 1 and 2 why I don't.

When I signed up for Gaf months ago, it was because I was excited about Bloodborne and wanted to talk about it, but ComicGaf has quickly become my favorite place on the internet.

Y'all are some silly bastards, and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Welcome to the fold.

Messi

BALLER MOVE COMPLETE

tumblr_mak6ktGGkA1ru90dzo1_250.gif

Copra.

On one hand, it seems obviously excellent.

On the other hand, my mind keeps reminding me that if i had run into a book like this 15-20 years ago, i probably would have found it crap, solely because of the absurdly imaginative and unorthodox art.

Gods, insecure teenagers are such twats. Realized the same thing while reading takemitsu zamurai.

Man ex machina is down to one showing this weekend. Should I go? Or just wait and blind buy the blu ray. I also keep thinking of Mad Max. Of course having the OST in high rotation helps. I'd love to see it again but the whole movie theater ordeal is such a chore

If only we still had Freeza among us... Glad you're enjoying us though!

And unrelated but man, I haven't read anything besides my scheduled Stray Bullets stuff these past few days. Every time I think about it I'm either too tired or preoccupied with something else. And now next week there's Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+R on Steam and Splatoon :/

And unrelated but man, I haven't read anything besides my scheduled Stray Bullets stuff these past few days. Every time I think about it I'm either too tired or preoccupied with something else. And now next week there's Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+R on Steam and Splatoon :/
Oh man. I forgot about my stray bullet reading. I gotta catch up! Stupid work taking all my time. How are you liking it so far?

Man ex machina is down to one showing this weekend. Should I go? Or just wait and blind buy the blu ray. I also keep thinking of Mad Max. Of course having the OST in high rotation helps. I'd love to see it again but the whole movie theater ordeal is such a chore
Def go see it, or go rent it from your local video store when it comes out

I've been reading everything except Stray Bullets, and it's not intentional. I can't lug around my huge-ass omnibus to campus or work, it's digital comics or nothing at all so i read stuff like Green Arrow #17 (which was pretty good, bit surprised because Lemire is usually boring to me) and Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #1 (which was not pretty good, the art was wack)

Oh man. I forgot about my stray bullet reading. I gotta catch up! Stupid work taking all my time. How are you liking it so far?
I'm liking it a lot more than I did at first. Growing a lot on me.
I've been reading everything except Stray Bullets, and it's not intentional. I can't lug around my huge-ass omnibus to campus or work, it's digital comics or nothing at all so i read stuff like Green Arrow #17 (which was pretty good, bit surprised because Lemire is usually boring to me) and Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #1 (which was not pretty good, the art was wack)

I hear you on the omnibus. I only have the first trade so I'm out on the regular reading after that lol. Not sure if I'll grab the omnibus down the line.

Mudcrab

Eh, so the post-apocalypse starts in the second Mad Max movie?

During the first movie, society is starting to collapse ostensibly because of oil scarcity. When the second movie begins the world is already total shit because of nuclear fallout from the oil wars (or whatever it was that caused WWIII).

Zombine

Banned
So today I learn that Messi is (or I suppose was is more likely at this point) apparently a multimillionaire.

i haven't invited him to Baller-GAF. He's acting out and he still isn't invited.

This is the same dude who initiates a conversation with me:

"Zombine, if I show you this please don't buy it."

Does that sound like a baller?

Still love me some Lil' Benny tho

fauxtrot

Banned
One of the ones from the bucket list

Allred
Quinones
Terry
Conner
Timm
Sejic
Hughes
Dodson

My bucket list:

Mike Mignola (more)
Michel Fiffe (more)
James Stokoe (more)
Mike Allred
Bruce Timm
Ian Bertram
Sean Murphy
Darwyn Cooke
Chris Burnham
Duncan Fegredo
Max/Sebastian Fiumara
Jock
Terry Moore

(I'm sure I'm forgetting a few)

So I just got a Marvel Unlimited subscription a couple weeks ago and I'm looking to read some non-Marvel stuff. I definitely prefer digital because I want to avoid having bookshelf full of comics, but I was looking at the Saga Book 1 (issues #1-18), and it's $10 cheaper on Amazon for a hard cover than the digital version on Comixology. It seems super weird to see a cheaper physical copy, is this the norm for comics?

So I just got a Marvel Unlimited subscription a couple weeks ago and I'm looking to read some non-Marvel stuff. I definitely prefer digital because I want to avoid having bookshelf full of comics, but I was looking at the Saga Book 1 (issues #1-18), and it's $10 cheaper on Amazon for a hard cover than the digital version on Comixology. It seems super weird to see a cheaper physical copy, is this the norm for comics?

Yep, there's weekly sales on Comixology but it's often cheaper to buy a physical copy of a trade than a digital version of one. Individual issues usually go on sale on Comixology.

CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by MARV WOLFMAN
Art by GEORGE PEREZ, DICK GIORDANO, JERRY ORDWAY and others
Cover by GEORGE PEREZ
On sale OCTOBER 7 • 400 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $49.99 US
The 12-issue epic is collected in a deluxe hardcover! The mysterious Anti-Monitor has begun a crusade to end all existence. As alternate Earths are destroyed, the Monitor quickly assembles a team of heroes from across time and space to stop the menace!

Have never read this before. Will get.

THE MULTIVERSITY DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art by IVAN REIS, JOE PRADO, BEN OLIVER, CAMERON STEWART, CHRIS SPROUSE, KARL STORY, JIM LEE, SCOTT WILLIAMS, DOUG MAHNKE and others
Cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
On sale OCTOBER 21 • 448 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $49.99 US
The biggest adventure in DC’s history is here! Join visionary writer Grant Morrison, today’s most talented artists, and a cast of unforgettable heroes from 52 alternative Earths of the DC Multiverse! Prepare to meet the Vampire League of Earth-43, the Justice Riders of Earth-18, Superdemon, Doc Fate, the super-sons of Superman and Batman, the rampaging Retaliators of Earth-8, the Atomic Knights of Justice, Dino-Cop, Sister Miracle, Lady Quark, and the latest, greatest Super Hero of Earth-Prime: YOU! This deluxe edition hardcover collects all nine MULTIVERSITY issues, plus the indispensible GUIDEBOOK issue!

And I am in for this too.

Yep, there's weekly sales on Comixology but it's often cheaper to buy a physical copy of a trade than a digital version of one. Individual issues usually go on sale on Comixology.

Thanks! I'll check out The Private Eye for now since it's PWYW, I read Y: The Last Man a few years ago and was looking for something more recent from the same author. Is there a place that keeps track of Comixology's sales history, like http://isthereanydeal.com/ does for game deals or http://camelcamelcamel.com/ does for Amazon? I'd like to wait for a Saga sale, but I have no idea if there's ever been one and it's unlikely to see one, or if there was one recently and I'll have to wait a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom