• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry man everyone has to grow up sometime
except Val and Franklin.
Lucy and Niko have already moved on to A-Force.

I know, I just hate how they've been used since the series ended. I'm not a big fan of Marvel Presents: The Hunger Games or Avengers Uncovered. At least Nico has her arm back in A-Force.

Owzers

I've been reading a lot of comics lately and my dcbs shipment arrived tonight. I don't feel like i fit in with comics-gaf anymore.

Maybe if i talk more about basketball...

I've been reading a lot of comics lately and my dcbs shipment arrived tonight. I don't feel like i fit in with comics-gaf anymore.

Maybe if i talk more about basketball...

Look, just because I don't talk about it much doesn't mean I don't have like 20+ trades/OHCs/omnibuses mid-shipment right now.

fauxtrot

Banned
Anyone got $750 to spare? It's not Mike Mignola, but it's pretty damn close...

Hellboy%20The%20Wild%20Hunt%20Iss%2004%20Pg%2002.jpg

Someone buy this so I don't. Please :(

Look, just because I don't talk about it much doesn't mean I don't have like 20+ trades/OHCs/omnibuses mid-shipment right now.

Now that you're one of us (one of us! one of us!) you need to get yourself an avatar so I don't have to read while I'm browsing GAF. Just don't pick an Olivia Wilde pic or everyone will mistake you for Messi.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Anyone got $750 to spare? It's not Mike Mignola, but it's pretty damn close...

Someone buy this so I don't. Please :(

Hnnng. Buy it. Buy it.

Buy it.

Also, did you ever pick up the Mignola Artist Edition? I still need to get that eventually. The only big thing stopping me is as incredible as his art is, the coloring adds even more to it. And that's in no way faulting Mignola, that's just saying that his colorist(s) do an amazing job and I miss them when they're gone.

Owzers

but did you LIKE any of those comics
Somewhat....kinda...it's not my fault, a lot were spiderverse MU stuff and power girl trades weren't hijinxy enough. Southern bastards vol1 was goodish if you don't mind books about high school werewolves playing football and looking for their parents.

Spoiler: their parents let the government do experiments on them in order to win more games. That's the big secret and it is ridiculous.

Messi alt.

Hey, hey. Only some of them are on direct suggestion from him!

Now that you're one of us (one of us! one of us!) you need to get yourself an avatar so I don't have to read while I'm browsing GAF. Just don't pick an Olivia Wilde pic or everyone will mistake you for Messi.

I know, I know. I swear, I'm thinking about it! And yes, I know the issue is that I'm thinking and not acting.

Zombine

Banned
Hey, hey. Only some of them are on direct suggestion from him!

DEFINITLEY Messi Alt.

;p

So yeah. Messi pretending to have cash to spare inspired me to make some big purchases of my own. Gonna buy my Titan when I get home and I'm working on a very nice page.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Mad Max was great. Feel kinda bad that I gave the first half not the deserved attentioned.

Wont watch another one today. Monday is a holiday, so I have a lot of time.

Messi

DEFINITLEY Messi Alt.

;p

So yeah. Messi pretending to have cash to spare inspired me to make some big purchases of my own. Gonna buy my Titan when I get home and I'm working on a very nice page.

I got cash ALL DAY. BRO. ALL DAY.

I filled out the form for a Bloodspell page. Hopefully they still have it.

Which one? You can tell us Zombine can't steal it if the request is gone in.

fauxtrot

Banned
Hnnng. Buy it. Buy it.

Buy it.

Also, did you ever pick up the Mignola Artist Edition? I still need to get that eventually. The only big thing stopping me is as incredible as his art is, the coloring adds even more to it. And that's in no way faulting Mignola, that's just saying that his colorist(s) do an amazing job and I miss them when they're gone.

I never got the Artist Edition... I wanted to but I couldn't justify it when I already own all of that stuff twice over, at least. Yeah, Dave Stewart knows just what to do to bring out even more from Mignola's work... he's one of my favorite colorists for sure.

I really want to buy that piece, but I can't do it just yet. I am thinking about picking up one of the Fiumara brothers' pages from the Abe Sapien solo series, though, since they're about half the price and quite amazing in their own right.

I know, I just hate how they've been used since the series ended. I'm not a big fan of Marvel Presents: The Hunger Games or Avengers Uncovered. At least Nico has her arm back in A-Force.

How much of Avengers Arena did you read? Because that book is mos def an underrated gem, and I say that as somebody who had a lot of affection for the BKV run of Runaways.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
How much of Avengers Arena did you read? Because that book is mos def an underrated gem, and I say that as somebody who had a lot of affection for the BKV run of Runaways.

I read all of it, it was OK. I liked what they did with Cammi and Death Locket, but didn't really like what they did with Mettle or Nico or Chase. Though, Hopeless clearly has a better handle on the characters than the last volume of Runaways ever did.

I really like a bunch of the covers, though.

Sogood.gif

But Rafa, has she ever told you to have a "Beautiful Time" like Subway lady?
No. I've never heard that one before. But if there was even a shred of societal acceptability in asking a girl for her number through a drive thru, that by God I would do it. I just need that spark, you know?

Can someone recommend me a place to read some Constantine comics? I'm trying to get this internship with NBC and that's the only show of their current lineup that gives me any interest and I'm broke so I can't pay for it.

fauxtrot

Banned
No. I've never heard that one before. But if there was even a shred of societal acceptability in asking a girl for her number through a drive thru, that by God I would do it. I just need that spark, you know?

Just think: Once you ascend to your rightful position as Comics Superstar, girls will give you their numbers at drive-thrus across the Americas without you even having to ask.

Can someone recommend me a place to read some Constantine comics? I'm trying to get this internship with NBC and that's the only show of their current lineup that gives me any interest and I'm broke so I can't pay for it.

I'm afraid I've got some bad news... Constantine was cancelled.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

The library? Or Barnes and Noble, they don't seem to mind being treated like a library.

I'm afraid I've got some bad news... Constantine was cancelled.

That, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom