• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think: Once you ascend to your rightful position as Comics Superstar, girls will give you their numbers at drive-thrus across the Americas without you even having to ask.

I'm afraid I've got some bad news... Constantine was cancelled.

Well fuck! Well actually I might be ok as this is how it's worded on their site.

"Write one properly formatted television spec screenplay based on any scripted show of standard length (half hour or one hour) that aired new episodes during the 2014-2015 season."

Is there any good Supergirl titles/runs that are light and, say, similar to Steph's Batgirl run or Spider-Gwen/Silk? That TV trailer has me intrigued.

See my favorite is the Peter David one from 96 but theres only three issues on comixology and I've only seen trades for the end of it.

hn7zrf7.jpg

Supergirl #12 from the 2005 series was great and fun. Palmiotti/Grey and Amanda Conner did that one and had new Terra in it.

Then the Sterling Gates stuff from 34-59 was good.. It had New Krypton drama and Bizarro Supergirl stuff.

Then 60-64 switched writers but I liked them also I think it was setting up that cool new Young Justice that didn't happen.

They switched writers again on 65-67 with her going undercover at a college for Lois. It had ChrissCross art who I liked from Captain Marvel (another fun Peter David book I liked) and Slingers.

Superman Batman #62 was a neat one issue had her team up with Tim and had Rafael Albuquerque art.

Superman Batman #77 had her team up with Damian for an issue.

Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes #16-38 was neat but Mark Waid left around #30. This got me into Legion.

Supergirl Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade was a really cool book I don't think most people cared about. Good comic though.

here's the soul crushing almost YJ pic

you stink NEW 52!

hfkV80Y.png
NjJM4PO.jpg

best team

fauxtrot

Banned

Well, if that's the case Constantine might be a good one to do... you can read some classic Hellblazer comics and watch the first season of Constantine, then write a spec based off of one of the great issues they didn't incorporate into season 1.

Messi

Who's Brian?

Forreal? His name's not Messi? :/

Poor Bii, having all his ComicGAF illusions shattered today.

Absolutely dying right now. Dying.

MG, the page is really beautiful in person. But yours is lovely too. Just know it has a good home.

Tizoc

See my favorite is the Peter David one from 96 but theres only three issues on comixology and I've only seen trades for the end of it.

Supergirl #12 from the 2005 series was great and fun. Palmiotti/Grey and Amanda Conner did that one and had new Terra in it.

Then the Sterling Gates stuff from 34-59 was good.. It had New Krypton drama and Bizarro Supergirl stuff.

Then 60-64 switched writers but I liked them also I think it was setting up that cool new Young Justice that didn't happen.

They switched writers again on 65-67 with her going undercover at a college for Lois. It had ChrissCross art who I liked from Captain Marvel (another fun Peter David book I liked) and Slingers.

Superman Batman #62 was a neat one issue had her team up with Tim and had Rafael Albuquerque art.

Superman Batman #77 had her team up with Damian for an issue.

Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes #16-38 was neat but Mark Waid left around #30. This got me into Legion.

Supergirl Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade was a really cool book I don't think most people cared about. Good comic though.

here's the soul crushing almost YJ pic

you stink NEW 52!

hfkV80Y.png
NjJM4PO.jpg

best team

Excellent write up.

Zombine

Banned
Poor Bii though...

Finding out I'm a boy and taken
Finding out Messi's name isn't Messi

What's next? We find out that Grand Harriers name isn't Grand? And that he lives on the West Coast? God damn. What the hell has happened to this community.

Shit, Core-anus isn't here today too. He's probably face down in a ditch somewhere from all those bacon cheeseburgers.

I read through issue #1 of love & capes that I picked up in the IDW. It's pretty fun. The whole series is essentially a romantic comedy revolving around superman and Lois dating. Even has a spinoff justice league and whatnot.

1229895-love_and_capes_1.jpg

loveandcapeseasteregg2.jpg

Owzers

I've been giving this a lot of thought folks and i think in the June OT Spike needs to have a mandatory registration for comics-gaf members so that we are accountable for the opinions we have. Some of you might not like that and I understand why, but people here expect more from us, we have to be better for the sake of the forum. There will come a day when DC has a non-weekly event, people will say it's great and others will buy in only to find out it's terrible. What do we say then?

Calcium

Banned
I've been giving this a lot of thought folks and i think in the June OT Spike needs to have a mandatory registration for comics-gaf members so that we are accountable for the opinions we have. Some of you might not like that and I understand why, but people here expect more from us, we have to be better for the sake of the forum.

Here we go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom