• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
I've been giving this a lot of thought folks and i think in the June OT Spike needs to have a mandatory registration for comics-gaf members so that we are accountable for the opinions we have. Some of you might not like that and I understand why, but people here expect more from us, we have to be better for the sake of the forum. There will come a day when DC has a non-weekly event, people will say it's great and others will buy in only to find out it's terrible. What do we say then?

Soooo ComicGAFWorld-Civil War?

Zombine

Banned
I got the gas and the coke
I don't sell molly no more
I keep the white and the green And it gotta be a pint if you looking for the lean

tumblr_m48iz7vk5Q1qe6oczo1_500.gif

Dunbar

I had never read a Flash comic before but I just read the first 5 New 52 volumes in 2 days and I loved them. What are some other good runs I should try to check out?

I had never read a Flash comic before but I just read the first 5 New 52 volumes in 2 days and I loved them. What are some other good runs I should try to check out?
Get the pre 52 Johns run. There's an omnibus to get things going. Or Comixology
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1401230687/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1432340547&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=flash+omnibus&dpPl=1&dpID=61AtELS0UTL&ref=plSrch

Also waids run is great. Trades are scattered. But the whole run is on Comixology.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a long way from BallerGaf, but my first page came in today! (I'm highly impressionable, I blame all of you lovely folks).

Chosen because a) Ultimate Spider-Man got me into comics, b) Stuart Immonen is one of my favorite artists and c) I love that it tells a story in a single page. (It doesn't hurt that it was d) also in my price range). Now I just need to figure out how to display it.

I have a bad feeling that this has opened a new very expensive door.

Owzers

I'm a long way from BallerGaf, but my first page came in today! (I'm highly impressionable, I blame all of you lovely folks).

Chosen because a) Ultimate Spider-Man got me into comics, b) Stuart Immonen is one of my favorite artists and c) I love that it tells a story in a single page. (It doesn't hurt that it was d) also in my price range). Now I just need to figure out how to display it.

Did you already go through the figures to statues phase? This is the next step.

I'm still in statue-territory but might regress all the way back to just buying and reading comics.

Messi

That is really awesome. I love Immonen's work. I really want one of his pages from all new X-Men.

Oh and this door you have just opened can be very expensive. I spent $500 today lol

I just have to say, that in my house (my cats), Harley Quinn is the dominant one over Mistah J.

As it should be.

The general recommendation is to frame it but with little foam spacers to keep the glass off the page. And yes, your wallet is already dead.

Also, who is Wade von Grawbadger, and why does he have such a baller name?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Did you already go through the figures to statues phase? This is the next step.

I'm still in statue-territory but might regress all the way back to just buying and reading comics.

I've avoided full statue phase by virtue of having little display room. I've stuck mostly to Mighty Muggs and Disney Infinity (I still can't believe they made an Iron Fist).

That is really awesome. I love Immonen's work. I really want one of his pages from all new X-Men.

Oh and this door you have just opened can be very expensive. I spent $500 today lol

Eesh. But if you want to BallerGaf, you've got BallerGaf.

The general recommendation is to frame it but with little foam spacers to keep the glass off the page. And yes, your wallet is already dead.

Also, who is Wade von Grawbadger, and why does he have such a baller name?

Good tip, I'll have to do some Googling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom