• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

LebronKingOfTheRings105.jpg

I love how Land decided that Durant and Blake Griffin were the same people and the wrong numbers. Also that looks nothing like Blake.

Zombine

Banned
All the blue everywhere. It doesn't look very appealing. It's a wonderful process and it's great to marvel at how he works, but these pages truly are not art you hang on a wall, but are production pieces. I think these should be studied and not owned. Basically:

5d058bfff1b0b3a378c8288ae74449e15793c742e9f2923dba1f5397a57961c0.jpg

Indiana Jones night? Indiana Jones night.
Ah ok. Yea I can see that in one of the pieces. But that cover I linked didn't have it So it must be more for interiors. Love his art. I'm guessing you'd go for a velvet piece

Went to go get ma comics (Friday is my comic book day). Picked up:

-Green Lantern Rebirth: Looking to get into GL for awhile and apparently this is a really good jumping on point. This leads all the way to Brightest Day as well, and it's all supposed to be really good

-X-Force volume 3: The end of an awesome series. Probably dive into Remender's Uncanny X-Force next, since that looks really good.

-Secret Identities #4
-A-Force #1
-Mega Man #whatever since I don't have it in front of me right now. The newest one.

Looking forward to some readin'

-Green Lantern Rebirth: Looking to get into GL for awhile and apparently this is a really good jumping on point. This leads all the way to Brightest Day as well, and it's all supposed to be really good

His run is one of the most impactful runs on a comic character in a long time. Maybe since Claremont on xmen. He redefined the whole GL mythology.

The beginning starts solid but just wait until it hits the Sinestro wars. It's total greatness.

tim1138

-X-Force volume 3: The end of an awesome series. Probably dive into Remender's Uncanny X-Force next, since that looks really good.

-Secret Identities #4
-A-Force #1
-Mega Man #whatever since I don't have it in front of me right now. The newest one.

Oh to be able to read Johns GL again for the first time... enjoy dude, it's great.

His run is one of the most impactful runs on a comic character in a long time. Maybe since Claremont on xmen. He redefined the whole GL mythology.

The beginning starts solid but just wait until it hits the Sinestro wars. It's total greatness.

Very much looking forward to it.

Owzers

Batman #40: I've found Snyder's run on Batman to be tiring. Not tiresome, just tiring. In the same way that Hickman's Avengers keeps me at a distance while reading, i've never gotten into any of Snyder's arcs, they all feel like they are very well designed without being compelling reads. Everything about the Joker arc for me can be summarized with Capullo's fantastic artwork and "face-off" in Death of the Family, but in the reading of the story I get nothing from it, I'm immune to the dance the Joker talks about midway through, it means so very little to me. I started with this issue in my dcbs pile to get it over with, to be done with Snyder's Batman run unless bunny bat makes Birdie's head pop from excitement.

Random Go Cavs/10.

Zombine

Banned
Ed, Rafa, Ben...If you're reading this please send me your emails via PM. I want to invite you to join my Celtx network for potential collabs?

I know you was trying to connect a while back Ed. Let's try to work some stuff out.

Steve Epting is Velvet :X
Doh. You're right. Silly me

Chew #48 - where does he keep getting these ideas? They're so crazy but it works. And man that card in olives room? Haha so strange. I'm still not over
the death of poyo. I'm going to live in denial that he comes back somehow before the series ends

Ed, Rafa, Ben...If you're reading this please send me your emails via PM. I want to invite you to join my Celtx network for potential collabs?

I know you was trying to connect a while back Ed. Let's try to work some stuff out.
Okay, but it involves revealing my real name!

And Firestorm has the most underrated rogues gallery in history of comics. Where my deluxe oversized Omnibus at?

Squire

Banned
Man, those panels from ANX where Kitty calls all her exes mistakes or whatever popped up in my tumblr feed.

Bendis throwing decent characters under the bus. :(((

Deadly class #12 - well that was a great and tense read. Man I still don't think Remender knows what this series is supposed to be at times, but it's entertaining. I guess he's settled for extreme teen action/drama

Deadly class #12 - well that was a great and tense read. Man I still don't think Remender knows what this series is supposed to be at times, but it's entertaining. I guess he's settled for extreme teen action/drama

That's why it's the perfect teen comic

so good

tim1138

No, the other one, Boomerang was a Flash guy. MINDBOGGLER, yo.

Good ole Minboggler, killed in the first issue of Suicide Squad, and later reincarnated as a digital person. In all the times I've read Suicide Squad, I have never once bothered to look her up and see where she originated.

All this original art talk is making me go through all my bookmarks of saved pages I wanted, I think I might pull the trigger on a few of these next month.

Okay which one of y'all bought all the good Jerome Opena pages?

Busaiku

So I got all the Adventure Time and Bravest Warriors comics.
Started Adventure Time, it's pretty fun. Lots of comic only fun. There's even a choose your own adventure. Though it definitely feels like a fanfic. Especially the stuff with Ice King and all the math stuff (this is so scarce in the show). Loses a lot without the voices though, which I definitely feared.

Messi

All this original art talk is making me go through all my bookmarks of saved pages I wanted, I think I might pull the trigger on a few of these next month.

Okay which one of y'all bought all the good Jerome Opena pages?

They went quick and for crazy prices. the Rage of Ultron stuff?

They went quick and for crazy prices. the Rage of Ultron stuff?

The last time I looked up his art there was still a lot of Infinity pages up, but there seems to be nothing but Builder alien stuff now, I didn't even see the prices for most of the Rage of Ultron pages.

:/

Owzers

where is this stuff with comic art pages.....i don't think i'd buy one, but if i did I have a favorite from Secret Avengers #1.

But like everyone else, he gets his shit wrecked by the Wall.

http://i.imgur.com/IJu6g1O.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

I think that's my favorite running gag of the Suicide Squad, Captain Boomerang stepping over the line like a dick, Waller putting in his place, and he's all "just jokin love, geez Waller!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom