• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

I think that's my favorite running gag of the Suicide Squad, Captain Boomerang stepping over the line like a dick, Waller putting in his place, and he's all "just jokin love, geez Waller!"

The Mirror Master bit is my favorite, the payoff of the fake mission with Boomer running back and forth between the two teams alternating between Mirror Master and himself (with the bandages to hide the wrist bomb) is so great. And then the page I posted above with Waller leaving him a quivering mound at the end is fantastic. I miss the Wall, she didn't take shit from anyone.

The only Convergence that really matters tbh

What happened to -Cade anyway? I miss that guy.

RIP -Cade

???-2015

image.php

need to get "In Memory" written on there, Rave

I just don't understand how this one comic escaped the convergence-ness of the rest of the convergence comics

In a World...

Where one company dedicates two months of their entire publishing line to impossibly bland and boring books...

One Comic will make a stand for justice...

and pit the Marvels against mothafuckin' P. Craig Russell lookin' Gotham by Gaslight Batman...

Can one book push back the tide? Will our heroes prevail? Turn in next week, in the next episode of COMICS!

tim1138

Convergence Hawkman was pretty good too, it was basically an extension of Tim Truman Hawkworld, with Parker writing and Truman drawing.

Owzers

thanks for the link, my favorites are not there so i'll have to wait until he dies to rummage through his tomb like everyone else here.

i played Persona Q a bit and turned the cavs back on, they are up by 16 now :O. Persona Q is ALRIGHT but it's not my kind of game, too much dungeoning for the sake of dungeoning which is why i passed on Etrian Odyssey series.

Cade

Yeah sure you can join hijinxGAF. Is that book ok or is it Tumblr Shite™?
It's about two girls in the same family separated by time. I don't know. I'll read it and let you guys know. It won an Eisner it can't be that bad probably.
What happened to -Cade anyway? I miss that guy.
He died for Messi's sins.
RIP -Cade

???-2015

image.php

need to get "In Memory" written on there, Rave

tyrant rave is our go-to graphic designer, it only makes sense

Welp I caved, couldn't wait any longer for Secret Wars so I grabbed the remaining 5 issues of Hickman's run along with SW 1 & 2, BW #1, Planet Hulk and A-Force.

Zombine

Banned
It's about two girls in the same family separated by time. I don't know. I'll read it and let you guys know. It won an Eisner it can't be that bad probably.

He died for Messi's sins.

tyrant rave is our go-to graphic designer, it only makes sense

"It Won an Eisner, it can't be that bad...Probably." -Cade Cadington, NeoGAF.

Tyrant. Please shop that on the cover.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
out on date night but while she's in the bathroom i need comicGAF to chime in on a drunken discussion we just had

just saw kingsman thw other night. signet pinky ring: yay or nay.

full disclosure i am not a fat italian man.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Why are some lines in comics randomly bolded? Like words that don't need empathized or make no sense to do so

Vyer

So I think I'm going to go to Houston's Comicpalooza tomorrow. Now would have been a good time to have a little spending money, I suppose.

I could also stop and tell Renner I hear he's the best Avenger.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
out on date night but while she's in the bathroom i need comicGAF to chime in on a drunken discussion we just had

just saw kingsman thw other night. signet pinky ring: yay or nay.

full disclosure i am not a fat italian man.

It sounds like you already know the answer.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo, if DC doesn't capitalize on an event named REVERGENCE in like two years, then they are slacking.

What's your guys' opinions on The Wicked + The Divine?

I bought #1 because I saw someone talking about it on a different website and liked it. Just don't know if it's worth buying both volumes when they release vol. 2 next month and following it from there.

Bii

I bought #1 because I saw someone talking about it on a different website and liked it. Just don't know if it's worth buying both volumes when they release vol. 2 next month and following it from there.

It was very promising. The first few issues had my attention. The half dozen that followed thereafter was boring. A whole lot of nothing happens. I wouldn't recommend it.

So I'm reading the infinite loop and they mention Gilmore Girls. This is the second mention of the show In Just the comics I've read today. I think all writers secretly love Gilmore girls and work it in as much as possible. Even Brooklyn nine-nine did it recently.

And they all should because it's the bestest show ever. Lorelai is the best.

Great but not for everyone. Give vol 1 a shot first

Okay, I just read Bendis Avengers 2010 and Bendis New Avengers 2010 right up to the beginning of AvX. Before I proceed, I was thinking of also reading Avengers Academy and Secret Avengers, are they any good during that time? I see AA has copious amounts of Grummet and Raney, both of whom are artists I don't really like, but if it's an okay run I'll muddle through it.

Okay, I just read Bendis Avengers 2010 and Bendis New Avengers 2010 right up to the beginning of AvX. Before I proceed, I was thinking of also reading Avengers Academy and Secret Avengers, are they any good during that time? I see AA has copious amounts of Grummet and Raney, both of whom are artists I don't really like, but if it's an okay run I'll muddle through it.
Read Ellis's secret Avengers issues. Especially the great Black widow issue. And Avengers Academy is great reading.

Avengers academy is a really fun teen book. The new characters are really great Recommend reading the sequel avengers arena
Secret avengers is skippable until remedies run

Went to go get ma comics (Friday is my comic book day). Picked up:

-Green Lantern Rebirth: Looking to get into GL for awhile and apparently this is a really good jumping on point. This leads all the way to Brightest Day as well, and it's all supposed to be really good.

Rebirth was great, and Sinestro Corps War all the way through most of Blackest Night is awesome. But I was so disappointed with how Blackest Night ended that I never bothered with Brightest Day.

And the way they collected Blackest Night into the trade volumes is confusing. The story jumps between Blackest Night, GL, and GL Corps, but the trades aren't collected that way as far as I remember. The trade is just the Blackest Night series on its own, with the GL and GL Corps stuff on their own.

I might be wrong about how they are collected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom