• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i'm not listening to any of you

i really think i can pull this off

So I'm reading the infinite loop and they mention Gilmore Girls. This is the second mention of the show In Just the comics I've read today. I think all writers secretly love Gilmore girls and work it in as much as possible. Even Brooklyn nine-nine did it recently.

And they all should because it's the bestest show ever. Lorelai is the best.

#teamJess

I can't stand Gilmore Girls. The dialogue has the same effect on me that most Joss Whedon shows do. It makes me want to stab my ears with an icepick.

Read Ellis's secret Avengers issues. Especially the great Black widow issue. And Avengers Academy is great reading.

Avengers academy is a really fun teen book. The new characters are really great Recommend reading the sequel avengers arena
Secret avengers is skippable until remedies run

Noted. Sounds like AA is viewed more favorably than SA then, that's the opposite of what I expected. I guess I'll just read both probably. Thanks for the feedback.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Sooo, good news/bad news.

Bad news is I totally blew it and didn't end up asking that girl from the bouldering gym out to coffee.
But my reason/excuse was that I had asked her about her weekend plans and she already had a packed weekend, so it would've been kind of dumb to say "Let's hang out next weekend" when I'm going to see her before then at the bouldering gym anyways. Dunno. I really wish I would've just to have done it, but it didn't feel right or something. Basically I choked. Haha

However, good news is that pretty much everyone at the bouldering gym told me that she's totally into me and is making the eyes at me and all that. So that's pretty awesome.
And also I still had a very nice time with her tonight regardless of totally failing to ask her to coffee.

So yeah.
What are comics again?

jon bones

Sooo, good news/bad news.

Bad news is I totally blew it and didn't end up asking that girl from the bouldering gym out to coffee.
But my reason/excuse was that I had asked her about her weekend plans and she already had a packed weekend, so it would've been kind of dumb to say "Let's hang out next weekend" when I'm going to see her before then at the bouldering gym anyways. Dunno. I really wish I would've just to have done it, but it didn't feel right or something. Basically I choked. Haha

However, good news is that pretty much everyone at the bouldering gym told me that she's totally into me and is making the eyes at me and all that. So that's pretty awesome.
And also I still had a very nice time with her tonight regardless of totally failing to ask her to coffee.

So yeah.
What are comics again?

you're not an NYC person are you? i boulder at Bklyn Boulders every weekend.

Kipp

you're not an NYC person are you? i boulder at Bklyn Boulders every weekend.

Nah, San Diego area. That's awesome that there's another boulderer (is that a word?) in this thread though! I just started in February and I've been going every other day since then. It's genuinely the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love it so much. And the people at my bouldering gym are awesome people.

Owzers

i read Walking Dead #141, i laughed at the ending which made me question myself a little. Then I moved on to New Avengers 33 and Avengers 44 which was mostly joyless outside of a few moments in New Avengers where i pretended like i was following what was going on until
Doom threw a box with something in it that made him say NO! and then there were twelve universes left after that.
Such a bummer of a book, but hey at least it's 70+ issues.

On to Secret Wars!

jon bones

Nah, San Diego area. That's awesome that there's another boulderer (is that a word?) in this thread though! I just started in February and I've been going every other day since then. It's genuinely the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love it so much. And the people at my bouldering gym are awesome people.

oh, nice! i lived in socal/sd for like 10 months a couple years back. solid area.

bouldering is the greatest - you get to be spiderman and chat w/ a ton of squaty thick girls every time. best sport ever.

Bii

You could try reading them. That might help.

796.gif

Tizoc

Woo thanks. That took me a while

I've read some of the titles you mentioned outside of the PD series from the 90s, of which the character was used in the Superman TAS show.

I read through issue #1 of love & capes that I picked up in the IDW. It's pretty fun. The whole series is essentially a romantic comedy revolving around superman and Lois dating. Even has a spinoff justice league and whatnot.

1229895-love_and_capes_1.jpg

loveandcapeseasteregg2.jpg

I'll give it a read thanks for brining it up.

My Bucket list:

Greg Capullo Batman page.

Same here,, I can see those getting expensive quick.

Leo Messi is the best/most popular soccer player in the world, bro.

Who was it that though Rafa was Liefeld?
Was it Messi. That was funny.
LOL

Deadly class #12 - well that was a great and tense read. Man I still don't think Remender knows what this series is supposed to be at times, but it's entertaining. I guess he's settled for extreme teen action/drama
Yeah I just read it last night,, so good.
Remender said that they are now at the phase of this book where there are going to be basically torturing these characters.

What's your guys' opinions on The Wicked + The Divine?
There was a lot of hype about this book at first.. lot of talk about it here in the Gaf world. It was pretty good.... at first. Kinda lost my interest.

Kipp

You done good, Messi.

So this weekend, I'm going to make a point to try and re-read the first mini from Life and Times of Martha Washington. I'm excited.

I'm also going to Legoland today with my friend from Banana Republic who also works there who can get me in for free. I'm kind of really looking forward to that. Haha. I haven't been since I was like 13 or something.

Zombine

Banned
You done good, Messi.

So this weekend, I'm going to make a point to try and re-read the first mini from Life and Times of Martha Washington. I'm excited.

I'm also going to Legoland today with my friend from Banana Republic who also works there who can get me in for free. I'm kind of really looking forward to that. Haha. I haven't been since I was like 13 or something.

Okay I've almost owned it for a year now and I haven't finished it. It's time.

MG310

This Ebay Global Shipping Program thing kinda sucks.

They charge the buyer VAT in advance so now I have a guy who wants to bid on my auction wondering why they want to charge him an additional 89.95 in tax on a 200 dollar item.

Zombine

Banned
This Ebay Global Shipping Program thing kinda sucks.

They charge the buyer VAT in advance so now I have a guy who wants to bid on my auction wondering why they want to charge him an additional 89.95 in tax on a 200 dollar item.

I'll buy it...for America.

mvtn

Hello GAF! I am looking for some new recommendations - really liked Lost at Sea, but don't dig any Marvel ones.

What should I read?

Dial H #13: Filthy was right, that was something special.

I might have missed it, but how did Manteau have knowledge about Laodice?

Also, Roxie is awesome. And Nelson is a dick.

Zombine

Banned
I'm thrilled that Junji Ito seems to be getting a hardcover collection for all of his books once or twice a year. I'm thrilled.

Dial H #14,#15, Dial E for Evil: That's everything wrapped up. The last issue was a bit of a disappointment, like everything was rushed. Another issue or so would have been great.

Overall, a rather fun series. My only problem is that it could and should have been much more. Maybe it was the monthly schedule that was the cause. Maybe China should have been given a fixed 24 issues or something to do his thing.

Oh, the art in Dial E and #15 was rather spectacular.

Convergence Swamp Thing ended nicely. That was a fun 2 part little story. I like Kelly Jones art but it seems like he didn't get to strut his stuff in this story. Something was off, nothing wowed me.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Dial H #14,#15, Dial E for Evil: That's everything wrapped up. The last issue was a bit of a disappointment, like everything was rushed. Another issue or so would have been great.

Overall, a rather fun series. My only problem is that it could and should have been much more. Maybe it was the monthly schedule that was the cause. Maybe China should have been given a fixed 24 issues or something to do his thing.

Oh, the art in Dial E and #15 was rather spectacular.

The last bit of issues definitely feel rushed, especially given how crazy everything gets. I'm pretty sure it was a "hey, we're cancelled, but we want to give you some sort of closure." I'm going to read through my deluxe edition starting today, and I'm really fucking excited because I never got to read Dial E due to my comic shop being doo-doo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom