• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Joker did something to her suit which made her hallucinate and see weird visions or somethin I think. I don't remember.

This is correct. Also her death of the family issues were OK. Probably the best she wrote the entire run. But they are only OK. The rest is awful. John Layman wrote a great issue in the middle though.

Zombine

Banned
This is correct. Also her death of the family issues were OK. Probably the best she wrote the entire run. But they are only OK. The rest is awful. John Layman wrote a great issue in the middle though.

Which is the heist issue? I like that one.

zennyzz

It was teen girls

that are also squids

that ink each other

from japan

Creepy fan art was being made the moment it was suggested at the concept board room

Just saw ex machina. Really cool film. I normally don't see movies in theaters that aren't the big scifi or comic book movie but this one was worth seeing early.

I'm still thinking of seeing mad max again this weekend. Maybe Monday

Bii

What if Simply Sarah is Freeza? She arrived just as Freeza got her ban.

You're onto something here.

Some SDCC 2015 exclusives.

There's this Jim Lee BlueLine Edition of Batman:

635678490001711573-Lee-Batman.jpg

Youtube video of Jim Lee unboxing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWC3KpQMzXM

Standard edition is $40 and the limited edition for $300. The latter includes a signed, original sketch by Lee. I would have been interested in the limited edition but not for $300.

Here's a 6" Krypto doll for $10. Kinda cool, I guess.

Check out this B&W edition of X-Men 92 #1 which I might pick up.

There's this Femme Fatales Harley B&W Statue. Limited to 4000 pieces. Digging that base.

Not a fan of Minimates but this TMNT Mirage B&W set caught my eye.

Zombine

Banned
^

Just wanna note that a majority of this will be available online right before the event. So yes Messi, you can probably still get that statue. 4000 is a huge number for a LE.

Owzers

Give DC more money after reading that? Is this a trick? It feels like a trick...

It's a trick. Forever Evil isn't terrible and i don't think i regret buying it, but it only delivers as a transition to Johns' next chapter of Justice League, as a story in itself it's a disappointment. A couple cool moments wrapped up in a dud of a story.

Zombine

Banned
Oh god, I just preordered that Mezco The Dark Knight Returns figure set. The first release that I own is AMAZING and worth every penny. This is no exception. If you even remotely love Batman and can afford it, buy this set.

Ohnonono

I loved A-Force an Planet Hulk this week. spider verse was pretty good too. Battleworld was a bit of a let down. The core Secret Wars book is so good most stuff is just filling in the gaps. I suppose that is the point though.

Owzers

Literally-anything-but-comics-OT:

I'm rewatching Farscape now, and it's soooooo good. On the Looney Toons episode and by god that's the stuff.

I abandoned Farscape on Netflix after two episodes, always meant to go back to it but it's impossible with all the movies i go to instead. How does one pass up Zombeaver?

Also, Warriors got this, sorry Team Messi :/

I abandoned Farscape on Netflix after two episodes, always meant to go back to it but it's impossible with all the movies i go to instead. How does one pass up Zombeaver?

Also, Warriors got this, sorry Team Messi :/

I legit do not know how one passes up Zombeaver, but I suspect that if you value your sanity it'd be a good idea to find out.

Hey Farscape is my other favorite show ever.

Get the frell out of here.

Zombine

Banned
Bitter Bart; my post apocalyptic New Zealand love story about a man and his speed boat will make all of you forget about Fury Road.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Bitter Bart; my post apocalyptic New Zealand love story about a man and his speed boat will make all of you forget about Fury Road.

Nah man. That shit was truly amazing. Can't wait for Mad Max 2 where Mel is the main bad-dude.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished the first arc of The Wicked + The Divine. The art is incredible, story's a bit of a slow burn. I do like how you're slowly getting to know the gods, and they're not all introduced at once. Even though the first arc is a complete story, it's still mostly build-up for a bigger picture. It's promising. I'll probably get #6-10 too.

Have to say that this series makes a strong case to get more books digitally. The hd art looks insane on my Air. I still prefer print for reading, but the pages are very vibrant on a tablet. Bit of an eye-opener.

Also started Southern Bastards, which I'm already loving to bits even though it's still early on.

Owzers

Reading Multiversity #2 now, between this and Hickman's Avengers stuff I could really go for a happy medium of ideas. Normal events are too stupid, these two are a bit too packed on concepts for me.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Every other tie in of Secret Wars I could understand, but Battleworld 1 has confused the hell out of me.

Why? Battleworld is just cray events that transpire accross the place. No greater meaning to them beyond being fun stories.

Well, that Wolverine+Strange thing will probably have consequences.
-

Right then, Mahvel 1602 finished. Now wondering why in bloody blazes didn't marvel spin that up into another comic book line, a la ultimates. Damn thing was handed to them in a silver platter.

zennyzz

Why? Battleworld is just cray events that transpire accross the place. No greater meaning to them beyond being fun stories.

-

Right then, Mahvel 1602 finished. Now wondering why in bloody blazes didn't marvel spin that up into another comic book line, a la ultimates. Damn thing was handed to them in a silver platter.

There's like 7 different 1602 comic runs

It's not MC-2, Ultimate or Marvel Adventures but they definitely gave it a try.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

-

I dont get it, are these characters 616 characters or alternate universe characters?

zennyzz

I dont get it, are these characters 616 characters or alternate universe characters?

Battlworld is a mashup of alt universes.

Hell Strange Punisher is from an Alt universe story.

And it should be obvious given that last go around Wolverine, Spiderman, Ghostrider aren't Inferno demons.

Messi

How did you guys read this Avengers/New Avengers monthly? every issue is straight up hype. I imagine the wait was terrible between issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom