• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Read the previews for Black Canary, JLU, and Earth 2.

Black Canary seems great. Fun script and Wu's art is great. I bet they get some Hawkeye fans reading that. I will.

JLU - Great intro. Best hero on the roster is Gums Everywhere.

Earth-2: Cool as hell. I love this art. Helena... Wayne? What?! I feel like I missed a lot of important stuff.

This is your fault. I guess now you can have all the shitty connected universe books with everything at stake in every issue.

Did you check out that Romance book that came out today?

Read the previews for Black Canary, JLU, and Earth 2.

Black Canary seems great. Fun script and Wu's art is great. I bet they get some Hawkeye fans reading that. I will.

JLU - Great intro. Best hero on the roster is Gums Everywhere.

Earth-2: Cool as hell. I love this art. Helena... Wayne? What?! I feel like I missed a lot of important stuff.

Helena Wayne is an old Earth 2 thing. In that universe Bruce and Selina got married and had Helena.

Messi

I am retiring from the original art game for a few months* to recoup money and go to Florida.

unless Bachalo emails me back about some stuff

What romance book

What romance book

Fresh Romance

Issue 1 of Fresh Romance features three stories:

School Spirit is a lighthearted take on classic high school romances with two queer women in the lead. Because Malie and Justine want to keep their romance a secret, they pretend to be competing over the same guy, Miles, but Miles also has a secret.

Ruined is a classic Regency romance, with lots of attention to period details. Catherine and Andrew are getting married - but neither one of them is happy about it.

The Ruby Equation is a story about love in a coffee shop - where barista Ruby is on a mission to help people find love so she doesn't have to deal with people anymore.

SUB010997.jpg

Wild. I kinda wanna read World's End. Seems cool.

I really liked Worlds End. I really didn't know where they were going to go with it and it felt like anything could happen because of the "Elseworld" nature of it. They didn't have to worry about going back to a status quo. It is, of course, a weekly book (though only half as long as the others which is still 26 issues) but I felt it was the 2nd best behind Batman Eternal and well worth the ride though others might disagree.

Sadist

MTMTE 41 is good stuff.

Ordered some new books as well; finally decided to get the hardcover Uncanny Avengers Avenge the Earth and Uncanny X-Force vol 2 Deathlok Nation and UC Death of Spider-Man Fall-out were € 6,50. Still need to complete my Ultimate Spider-Man collection so I don't mind. Eight volumes left.

I'm begging you Comic-GAF, please jump on this deal if you haven't already read Locke & Key.

Edit: $16 for the whole thing!

i own locke and key vol 1-4. I didn't want to spend $30 to get the last two volumes yet. I could get all of them digital now for $16 and sell my hardcovers....

Or i could do nothing.
They also started rereleasing the trades in hardcover volumes. Two full trades per book, plus all the art in the back. It's pretty sick, but I own all the trades already, so I won't buy them. It's sick though. They just released Welcome to Lovecraft and Head Games in one book.
Jscottcambell website exclusive Renew your vows us lovely imo. I want one
Dresses aren't that tight...not that I'm complaining...
this mini was really fun
Not even the best page
Gotta reverse it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I was enjoying this Rucka Punisher run, but then came the inevitable Spidey/DD crossover to mess things up. But the first 4-5 issues were really good.

tim1138

So for "creative" team misfires we have The Flash, Green Lantern, Batman Beyond and what else?

Don't forget Aquaman.

I thought it was interesting that July books like Cyborg and *swoon* JLU got preview books but Hitch's JLA didn't.

It's cool to see MJ going for the body paint look for her wedding dress on that Campbell cover. Good on her for being that confident.

Geez, I missed Where Monsters Dwell, too. Anybody read that yet? I'm surprised Garth Ennis wrote a Secret Wars book and nobody is talking about it.

Gonna nab that and Material as well, I think.

frye

So are you saying it's not worth the $5?

It's hard to say if it's "worth" it because there really aren't any non-Japanese romance comics readily available and coming out right now -- so if that's what you're looking for then this might be the only game in town. In which case, go for it! I think I will probably pick up the 2nd one when it comes out though even though the 5 bux is steep as fuckkk, if only to see if the 2nd and 3rd stories can hook me.

It's hard to say if it's "worth" it because there really aren't any non-Japanese romance comics readily available and coming out right now -- so if that's what you're looking for then this might be the only game in town. In which case, go for it! I think I will probably pick up the 2nd one when it comes out though, if only to see if the 2nd and 3rd stories can hook me.

Mmm, you have a good point. I'll give it a shot, at least.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So is Thanos involved in Annihilation and whatnot? Surely theres a reason why his mini is listed as the first thing to read on the cosmic chart (not that im not enjoying it mind you)

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Geez, I missed Where Monsters Dwell, too. Anybody read that yet? I'm surprised Garth Ennis wrote a Secret Wars book and nobody is talking about it.

Gonna nab that and Material as well, I think.

I mostly liked it, it was a lot of set up though. Phantom Eagle was a bit more rakish than I remember him being in War is Hell, but it's all ready to be a fun pulpy action deal.

Lot of people expressing relief at Iron Fist TLW's end, and their eagerness to forget its existence.

I liked it.

If it existed in a vacuum, I might like it more, but it basically takes everything that I liked about Immortal Iron Fist and blows it up. Most of the time literally.

Wiktor

Constantine: Hellblazer preview has been excellent. Seems to capture the core of this character, but yet feels very different from Hellblazer and New 52 John. Very nice. I've had big hopes for new teams on both Constantine and Green Arrow and from previews it seems they might deliver.

Constantine: Hellblazer preview has been excellent. Seems to capture the core of this character, but yet feels very different from Hellblazer and New 52 John. Very nice. I've had big hopes for new teams on both Constantine and Green Arrow and from previews it seems they might deliver.

It looked promising. The art threw me off at first and I worried Constantine would be a softy and then he was all, "Help you? LOL have fun getting skinned alive."

SoilBreak

Banned

Constantine probably my favorite sneak peak this week besides JLU.

Don't forget Aquaman.

I thought it was interesting that July books like Cyborg and *swoon* JLU got preview books but Hitch's JLA didn't.

It's cool to see MJ going for the body paint look for her wedding dress on that Campbell cover. Good on her for being that confident.
Had purged that from my mind. Trevor McCarthy can't catch a break. Those Six Gun Deluxe Editions are a thing of absolute beauty though. I'd reccomend them to Cullen Bunn's worst enemy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I liked this first Thanos series arc but the Hunger villain looked completely out of place. it looked and talked like a cartoon

hungerthanos2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom