• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CGCvC5kWIAAOyKs.jpg

I love this. Who did this

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I asked this in the other comic thread too. Any opinions here?

"I can not decide on what Flash tpb/collections/etc to get. Someone help I want to read this guy.

Specifically: The parts where they try to be more sciency about it. Maybe some time travel. I know speedforce etc but which are the ones that still have that and yet still sound techy enough to almost make sense? "

Help me please.

tim1138

Constantine: Hellblazer preview has been excellent. Seems to capture the core of this character, but yet feels very different from Hellblazer and New 52 John. Very nice. I've had big hopes for new teams on both Constantine and Green Arrow and from previews it seems they might deliver.

I agree completely, Constantine was a pleasant surprise. I knew the art would be good, but Tynion had never been me away as a writer and to my knowledge this is Doyle's first foray into writing.

"I can not decide on what Flash tpb/collections/etc to get. Someone help I want to read this guy.

Specifically: The parts where they try to be more sciency about it. Maybe some time travel. I know speedforce etc but which are the ones that still have that and yet still sound techy enough to almost make sense? "

Help me please.

You might check out some of the Silver Age stuff like "The Flash Archives", these are collected versions of the 60s issues which tended to be a lot more scientific in the way that he dealt with villains.

515CYQTZ12L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

tim1138

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Yep.

Benjamin Birdie was actually pretty instrumental in helping me get started last summer. Put my head down, wrote a prologue based on a game idea I've been kicking around post-Turok 2, and now...here we are. June 2nd I expose my undergarments to the world :p

I'm not going to pimp it much in here (you'd find it annoying and so would I), so I'm sticking to the main thread Tyrant linked to and will answer questions in there. Thanks y'all.

Zombine

Banned
Has anybody ever given Sex by Joe Casey a chance? I want to like it, but just as I'm getting into it something stupid happens and I remember why I dont like it.

Yep.

Benjamin Birdie was actually pretty instrumental in helping me get started last summer. Put my head down, wrote a prologue based on a game idea I've been kicking around post-Turok 2, and now...here we are. June 2nd I expose my undergarments to the world :p

I'm not going to pimp it much in here (you'd find it annoying and so would I), so I'm sticking to the main thread Tyrant linked to and will answer questions in there. Thanks y'all.

I think you're pimping it here because you know Messi and I are honerary members of ComicBallerGAF. :p

I saw that the clock is ticking so I'll definitely try to do my part.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
huh... Gladiator and what looks like a cyborg Peter Quill in prison in this Thanos book. Whats the backstory there, if any?

also Thanos looks badass with this monk-ish getup he's rocking in this Samaritan story

Image1.jpg

Help me please.

New 52 is a good jumping on point, but I found volume 1 just okay. Art was really good. The one that REALLY got me going for it, though:
61%2BoDToJfoL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Yep.

I backed it on Thunderclap but you never answered my question :(

I'll be your friend...

Zombine

Banned
Maybe it'll be like Mad Max and he'll just be the supporting character to Wonder Woman's story? What if he's doing the CGI for the baby?

Kim Jung Gi needs to do monthly comics.

This guy can literally draw from memory. It's insane. His art books are like expensive but worth it.

Kim Jung Gi is probably the most talented artist on the planet. The fact that he just freehands everything without sketching beforehand :bow to da God

Although it would be interesting to see him draw a comic and have a livestream of it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Damn. I was going crazy looking for the Kickstarter and I didn't realize that it isn't live yet. I'm hoping there is some sort of art page/sketch/whatever tier. I'd be down for that.

I think you're addicted to buying original comic art.

On a completely separate subject, I just realized I've got some original comic art I can sell you! Bargain priced at $399!
It's a gorgeous drawing of Cthulhu.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Zombine the Changing Man

Haha
I still really need to read Shade.

http://smokeslair.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/2776352-5018973633-tumbl.gif/img][/QUOTE]

REALLY!? We really are going to have to start calling it Zombining instead of Freeza'd. Don't think I didn't catch that.

Also, if you PM me your address, I'll totally mail that to you if I can find it. Hahaha

Messi

Sorry I missed that post!

Have you considered adding any psychotic female PhD clowns to your book to maximise profits?

Also, who is your waifu? I always assumed Sonico kind of guy.

I am looking forward to your Kickstarter pls don't ban me. I had a bad day.

you know what superhero mini just had a GREAT ending tho

Ultron Forever by Al Ewing and Alan Davis

Pls check out those three 30-page issues that make up that story, ya'll. Creative team is the truth. Alan Davis is still that dude. Al Ewing is most definitely that dude.

you know what superhero mini just had a GREAT ending tho

Ultron Forever by Al Ewing and Alan Davis

Pls check out those three 30-page issues that make up that story, ya'll. Creative team is the truth. Alan Davis is still that dude. Al Ewing is most definitely that dude.
Seriously, check out a the Sixth Gun deluxe editions. Phenomenal.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just what I always wanted for Thanos... a little fairy sidekick o_O

Rhaknar

Thanos #1-12 was awesome, especially the second half (the "Samaritan" arc). Good guy Thanos > bad guy Thanos

Next up Drax #1-4

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
My bad for not buying Material #1 today and reducing sales by 22.3%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom