• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
JIM_642_thor_hugs_loki.png

so many feelings

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Thank you for recommendations. Looks Like Flash rebirth and then new 52 is the way I gotta go.

(As well as tracking down one or two of the silver age collections also listed)
Thanks!

Are there any other superheroes/characters that do the Flash thing without the speedforce stuff? More sciencey? Basically fast dudes who fuck with relativity because they are so fast? And then time hijinks ensues?

Thank you for recommendations. Looks Like Flash rebirth and then new 52 is the way I gotta go.

(As well as tracking down one or two of the silver age collections also listed)
Thanks!

Are there any other superheroes/characters that do the Flash thing without the speedforce stuff? More sciencey? Basically fast dudes who fuck with relativity because they are so fast? And then time hijinks ensues?

You really don't need to read New 52 Flash. Rebirth is completely disconnected from it. Leads up to Flashpoint Paradox eventually (someone correct me on that if I'm wrong).

New 52 was okay (I only read the first trade) and I haven't heard anything to contradict that opinion.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I am flabergasted at how much I enjoyed Drax #1-4. The art wasn't my jam but damn I really liked that story. Bring on Annihilation (prologue)

Guess its still kinda early though.

And Rhaknar hell yeah. I really love Annihilation and the series leading into it. Everyone would agree but that's just such an incredible run of comics you're getting into. My shelf is ready for Annihilation Conquest's omnibus.

If only every version of the physical Annihilation collections weren't so ridiculously expensive now. Oh well, I snooze I lose.

That's why we have sunstone.
Just added it to my wishlist oh yeeaah *rubs ashy hands together*

Cyborg #1: You just gave this dude a new look in Forever Evil. Pick a style and stick with it.
dnzMRFY.jpg

He looks way cooler now though. They finally found a not-goober-looking design for him and it makes sense he would change outfits all the time anyway since his technology should always be improving similar to Iron Man. And it keeps it so that if he ever gets another terrible costume you know it will be gone in a year or two so no worries.

I am flabergasted at how much I enjoyed Drax #1-4. The art wasn't my jam but damn I really liked that story. Being on Annihilation (prologue)
It's the one decent mini. The rest are a slog but the real event is great. Honestly the way they introduce the annihilation to readers is rough given all the praise that leads new readers to cosmic marvel

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's the one decent mini. The rest are a slog but the real event is great. Honestly the way they introduce the annihilation to readers is rough given all the praise that leads new readers to cosmic marvel

Your Anti-Marvel panties are showing again ket, because the Thanos mini was awesome

Oh and there goes Xandar o_O

Samaya: "Rider if we get through this I'm mating with you for life"
Rich: "hell yeah!"
*Samaya gets her head blown off
Rich: "aw man :("

Your Anti-Marvel panties are showing again ket, because the Thanos mini was awesome

lol

Keep updating us, I'm enjoying reliving it vicariously!

(A couple of the minis in both Annihilation and Conquest *are* a little hard to get through though, so brace yourself)

what is this

feels for ants

That's kid Loki with his big bro. Journey into Mystery if I'm not mistaken.

Was thanos a mini? I remember Ronan, silver surfer, super skrull and uh...something else. Monk thanos with his tinker bell assistant was fun too

Rhaknar

You all should know I find the idea of annihilation hard to take serious by the way because all I've seen of annihilus he was treated as a joke.

So far so good and I'm trying to go in open minded but I can't shake stuff like this off

Was thanos a mini? I remember Ronan, silver surfer, super skrull and uh...something else. Monk thanos with his tinker bell assistant was fun too

Monk Thanos with tinker bell yeah, it's pre-annihilation but it's in the chart

You all should know I find the idea of annihilation hard to take serious by the way because all I've seen of annihilus he was treated as a joke.

So far so good and I'm trying to go in open minded but I can't shake stuff like this off
Annihilus doesn't mess around. Also wait until you meet pre movie Starlord. (The superior Starlord)

Rhaknar

Annihilus doesn't mess around. Also wait until you meet pre movie Starlord. (The superior Starlord)

Starlord was in Kyln with Gladiator in the Thanos series, he has a bunch of cybernetics on his body for some reason

I remember Starlord being his normal wisecracking half-crazy self in Annihilation and Conquest. He was just more of a badass while he was doing it

Yeah, he was a smartass during the main Annihilation event, wasn't he? I recall him being pretty no-nonsense in the Thanos mini, though.

I ask because I recall him being so in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Good cartoon

British Rocket is best Rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom