• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

People are making assumptions. I mean, we know there's an August issue, right?

YEP!

SQGIRL2015008_cov.jpg

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #8
RYAN NORTH (W) • ERICA HENDERSON (A/C)
• It’s the classic tale of good (squirrel) versus evil (squirrel) as SQUIRREL GIRL fights RATATOSKR, the Norse Squirrel God! The fate of the world hangs in the balance!
• And yes, “Norse Squirrel God” means that Thor shows up to help! AND Loki!
• Loki’s a huge character! He’s been in THREE different movies so far. Three!
• He’s only in our comic for a couple of pages though
• Oh! This book also features FRIENDSHIP and SASS and PUNCHES!!

I'm not sure if I can trust you. I mean, your avatars always have Marvel superheroes in them (except right now). There's some sort of bias in there for reading comics. And Kipp, well...

But it's a Doof Warrior Bone now. Flaming guitars for all! And I've rocked quite a few Nintendo Bones as well. I still haven't made a DC Bone, but am planning a Reverse Flash one for when Flash season 2 starts up.

New discounted CMX comic day! 14 new comics to read. Now you get to enjoy 1-2 month old comic impressions!

Man why does Alex and Ada release so infrequently?

Just read #14. Ahem......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hell what the hell

Echo was right about MODOK, IG, and OML. Those are my favorite tie-ins so far.

I had to read OML twice it was so shockingly good. Best work Bendis has put out in a long time, and I like most of his books (most of the time). Can't overlook that gorgeous artwork by Andreas Sorrentino, especially the brutal violence of the action. Just a great book.

And I wouldn't mind a killville ongoing

It was a good week!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
You really don't need to read New 52 Flash. Rebirth is completely disconnected from it. Leads up to Flashpoint Paradox eventually (someone correct me on that if I'm wrong).

New 52 was okay (I only read the first trade) and I haven't heard anything to contradict that opinion.

Huh. I always thought rebirth went directly into new 52. Interesting!

Now I am back in research and decision mode :(

I'm going to cross check everyone that likes Squirrel Girl's art with everyone that has dissed FQ's art because SG has some of the ugliest faces I have ever seen in comics.

Messi

I'm going to cross check everyone that likes Squirrel Girl's art with everyone that has dissed FQ's art because SG has some of the ugliest faces I have ever seen in comics.

I love the derpy faces in Squirrel Girl.They are adorable and endearing. But I also didn't say anything about the other art.

Picked up all of Plastic Man 'cause of you guys' recommendations.

After the first issue, I'm... kind of regretting that decision. This feels like it should have a laugh track playing somewhere in the back.

Well it was nice to see Aquaman finish strong. 40 strong issues is a great run. It's a shame DC is ending it.* Arthur's mom is nuts. We needed more of her

in my universe this is where Aquaman ends

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Annihilation: Nova #1-4 was great.
Quasar
got punked by Annihilus tho :(

Well it was nice to see Aquaman finish strong. 40 strong issues is a great run. It's a shame DC is ending it.* Arthur's mom is nuts. We needed more of her

in my universe this is where Aquaman ends

Yeah I just read the sneak peak of Aquaman 41 and all I have to say is:

No. Fuck off DC.

ReiGun

Yeah I just read the sneak peak of Aquaman 41 and all I have to say is:

No. Fuck off DC.
Johns and Parker managed to slip 40 issues of Arthur and Mera being a stable, happy couple past Didio and he'll have no more of it. Oh and all that shit about Arthur finally being accepted as rightful King of Atlantis? LOL Fuck that!

DC, bitches. We Out!

Messi

Johns and Parker managed to slip 40 issues of Arthur and Mera being a stable, happy couple past Didio and he'll have no more of it. Oh and all that shit about Arthur finally being accepted as rightful King of Atlantis? LOL Fuck that!

DC, bitches. We Out!

If Kate Kane can't have happiness neither can Mera.

DC, bitches. We Out!
Yea. Seeing the last page of #40 after that #41 preview stung. Didio hates love

DC, bitches. We Out!
I'm stunned Geoff would allow someone like Dullen Bunn on the book. Why Parker no write two books? Sucks to see my favorite heroes get shafted, disappointed in Cyborg's new look too.
Anybody read Attilan Rising? How was it?
It fucking sucked. Get Soule off the Inhumans ASAP. I ant storytellers not writers in my comics. Fucking legal briefs.

zennyzz

I'm stunned Geoff would allow someone like Dullen Bunn on the book. Why Parker no write two books? Sucks to see my favorite heroes get shafted, disappointed in Cyborg's new look too.

It fucking sucked. Get Soule off the Inhumans ASAP. I ant storytellers not writers in my comics. Fucking legal briefs.

I... what is this supposed to mean?

DC, bitches. We Out!

What exactly is his problem with having strong stable relationships as a part of canon? It can add so much to the characters. Look at Wesley Dodd and Dian Belmont.

Man DC has me in boycott mode with what they just did to Aquaman. I was all happy and shit reading those previews and pre-ordering their new books.....they just killed all of that. I'm #TeamMarvel now.

I like both... I love his work with Morrison and I really like Squirrel Girl. Art fits it perfectly.
What exactly is his problem with having strong stable relationships as a part of canon? It can add so much to the characters. Look at Wesley Dodd and Dian Belmont.
He thinks it ages characters too much or some shit

Owzers

Do you have any more specific problems with Soule on Inhumans? I am curious as I was about to pick up his series and I bought Atillian.

I read the first two issues of Inhuman from Soule, it was a very average book and what you'd expect to find after Fraction dropped off the project and Soule came on before it even started. I'm going to start reading it again on MU though because it seems like it improved in quality outside of Rafa disapproval. The main problem is that it felt like a pointless book that had to exist due to continuity desires and because of that there was nothing interesting going on in the story.

Messi

I read the first two issues of Inhuman from Soule, it was a very average book and what you'd expect to find after Fraction dropped off the project and Soule came on before it even started. I'm going to start reading it again on MU though because it seems like it improved in quality outside of Rafa disapproval. The main problem is that it felt like a pointless book that had to exist due to continuity desires and because of that there was nothing interesting going on in the story.

Thank you for explaining it for me. Maybe I should hold off. But I really like Medusa.

Echo was right about MODOK, IG, and OML. Those are my favorite tie-ins so far.
Old Man Logan is probably my favorite just because it's a straight sequel.
Huh. I always thought rebirth went directly into new 52. Interesting!

Now I am back in research and decision mode :(
Rebirth goes to Flashpoint Paradox which creates the New 52.
Hey SHIELD was great today. Very fun issue.
I like that book a lot.
Anybody read Attilan Rising? How was it?
Not as good as I was expecting. I hyped it up for myself too much. It was alright.

Yeah Inhumans really blows big time.

Thank you for explaining it for me. Maybe I should hold off. But I really like Medusa.
Whoa whoa hey now.

I thought it was super cool.

Are we all talking about the most recent Inhuman run? Because I liked it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom