• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
Man DC has me in boycott mode with what they just did to Aquaman. I was all happy and shit reading those previews and pre-ordering their new books.....they just killed all of that. I'm #TeamMarvel now.

calm down it's okay

that sacrifice means we get Prez and Bizarro and Black Canary and Constantine and Omega Men and Section Eight -okay except the inevitable Bueno Excellente parts- and We Are Robin and all the good stuff that was already there

it's a worthy sacrifice

frye

stop letting Frank D'Armata color things with his soul sucking touch

why does he like making human skin look like plastic so much

calm down it's okay

that sacrifice means we get Prez and Bizarro and Black Canary and Constantine and Omega Men and Section Eight -okay except the inevitable Bueno Excellente parts- and We Are Robin and all the good stuff that was already there

it's a worthy sacrifice

damn it's true

(for real tho -- actually being interested in the dc comics line outside of weird flukes?! that hasn't happened in.... 3 years and 8 months!)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Inhuman is underrated as hell. Especially when it stopped being about Dante and started being about Medusa and shit (which happens quite fast (

What's your take on if? What keeps bringing you back? I think the art is wonderful most of the time, but it has dragged on without a doubt. Also kinda bored with the mandatory number of sex panels the book seems to rely on.
*shrugs* The sense of anticipation, coupled with the challenge of trying to figure out these characters and what Casey is driving at, I guess. The book feels... enigmatic; I don't know how else to say it. Take today's issue for example: Casey just
brought the superhuman/supernatural into a series that has thus far played it completely straight with the rules of its world, by introducing a goth girl who literally drains men dry.
I mean, where did that come from?!? So many characters and angles to keep track of, and while this is a world of costumed vigilantes it all plays out as real and even mundane. I'd be lying if I said that I haven't found myself wondering why I keep coming back, but I do and the artwork is clean, the colors are appropriately lurid, and the concept is unlike practically anything else on the shelves today.

It's (virgin?) Batman, retired young enough to appreciate life but completely clueless on how to go about getting on with it, surrounded by characters who to varying degrees do.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Annihilation: Super Skrull is...not what I expected. Only read 2 of 4 so far tho

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Superior Foes.

That book is so dang delightful.

Didn't see Black Cat coming, not sure how that fits in with her Kingpin stuff.

Loved this running gag:

wGnUeju.png

Owzers

well now i have to stick with Inhuman since so many people here ended up liking it....i read issue #3 when the Rockets still had a chance and it was OKAY, still looking blandsville and the introduction of
something terrible is coming so we can't fight
didn't do much for me.

zennyzz

well now i have to stick with Inhuman since so many people here ended up liking it....i read issue #3 when the Rockets still had a chance and it was OKAY, still looking blandsville and the introduction of
something terrible is coming so we can't fight
didn't do much for me.

I literally do not remember that plot point being a plot point of Inhuman.

ReiGun

calm down it's okay

it's a worthy sacrifice

Aquaman shouldn't have had to die so that Bat Mite could live, damn it!

Rhaknar

Annihilation: Super Skrull #1-4 was...OK. Nothing special, but not terrible by any means. I'm a sucker for anti-heroes.

Things I have read.

Cyborg preview. Was pretty good. Can't go too much off 8 pages but I'm excited for this book.

Constantine preview. That was really good actually. Hopefully DC allows them to go pretty dark with this.

Converge Shazam #2. Just as good as the first. Team is top notch. I really liked Doc Shaners Joker.

Moving soon so it's time to read through all my trades I've got lying around so I can pack them up. I have this thing where I don't want to pack anything I haven't read.

Rhaknar

Sush you, if it was some DC green guy you would have loved it

Annihilation: Martian Man hunter #1-4

Gketter: "oh my god guys this is better than that time the flash used the speedforce"

:3

zennyzz

You are not supposed to speak about them.

I don't know what i'm referring to since i'm only on issue #3 and that's where they talked about it.

Yeah you're not not reading that properly most likely since there's nothing of the sort in Inhumans.

If you are referring to The Unspoken, it's merely a title of a person, not indicative of anything

Sush you, if it was some DC green guy you would have loved it

Annihilation: Martian Man hunter #1-4

Gketter: "oh my god guys this is better than that time the flash used the speedforce"

:3
Hey. Call them like I see them. A lot of those lead in minis were ok at best. But the main event was great.

And Martian man Hunter is the bees knees =)

Ok Comic-GAF. GS or Cleveland? I'm going with Cleveland in 7.

Too make this Comic related, today I picked up from the Library, all 6 volumes of Alan Moores Saga of Swampthing. I start it.......now.

Owzers

Yeah you're not not reading that properly most likely since there's nothing of the sort in Inhumans.

If you are referring to The Unspoken, it's merely a title of a person, not indicative of anything

semi-quotes "[black bolt released the terrigen mists] because something's coming, something that's been gone for a long, long time. When it gets here the only way the inhumans survive is if there are enough of us to fight and if we have the skills we'll need. Traits we used to have that have been lost over generations. We need those back. We need to find those talents again, or we're all dead. The whole planet's dead, probably"
that's pretty straightforward set-up and ends the fighting in the issue.
Messu threatens/makes Lash agree to not kill inhumans anymore and leaves

Too make this Comic related, today I picked up from the Library, all 6 volumes of Alan Moores Saga of Swampthing. I start it.......now.
Lucky you. It's great stuff. And GS in 6

Edit: I wish they'd make maps the main character in Gotham Academy. She's clearly the star.

Oh and let's get a maps and Molly marvel/DC crossover while we're at it

You are not supposed to speak about them.

I don't know what i'm referring to since i'm only on issue #3 and that's where they talked about it.

semi-quotes "[black bolt released the terrigen mists] because something's coming, something that's been gone for a long, long time. When it gets here the only way the inhumans survive is if there are enough of us to fight and if we have the skills we'll need. Traits we used to have that have been lost over generations. We need those back. We need to find those talents again, or we're all dead. The whole planet's dead, probably"
That's because Black Bolt released as part of Thanos showing up at Attilan in an earlier story, I believe.

I'd assumed that line was referring to The Unspoken. A lot of other stuff happens later on, so it's never expressed exactly what it is, but I'd just assumed The Unspoken.

zennyzz

Oh, you mean Legion's speech

He's full of shit, he's lying so that he can take over. It's purely fluff so that he can betray everybody

Oh, you mean Legion's speech

He's full of shit, he's lying so that he can take over. It's purely fluff so that he can betray everybody

Oh that was Legion's speech.

I couldn't remember who gave it.

Yeah that's some serious payoff at the end.

Keep reading, it's not bullshit prophetic nonsense.

Rhaknar

Crazy female Beyonder asking Thanos for her name because she's crazy and can't remember it and Thanos going:

"...denied"

Was awesome. I want a Thanos and Doom buddy-coptyrant book

Bii

Warriors in 6.

Got my Midtown Comics box from last week's releases. Just placed another order of Skottie Young covers for today's and next week's releases. I should really go through my comics and see which ones I'm missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom