• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Ok Comic-GAF. GS or Cleveland? I'm going with Cleveland in 7.

Too make this Comic related, today I picked up from the Library, all 6 volumes of Alan Moores Saga of Swampthing. I start it.......now.

Warriors. They're so good.

Also started Uncanny X-Men on MU. They make fun of the Hulk's armor. Why did he have that?

Cheska

Too make this Comic related, today I picked up from the Library, all 6 volumes of Alan Moores Saga of Swampthing. I start it.......now.

WARRIORS! But then again, I am from the Bay. And I have a dog named Warrior because of the team, so I may be a tad bit biased.

Also, OMFG I LOVED X-MEN 92!!

So it was more for before and after he would transform? Or was Banner vulnerable while in Hulk form?

2932232-hulk_armor_2.jpg

While he was Banner.

Vyer

Shitty end but good season for the Rockets. Mostly a young team, hopefully continue to improve.

GS prolly, but after watching them through this series, it may be a little tougher than expected. Shame injuries have hurt almost all their competition this postseason.

Also, uh....Comics!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Saw you posted in that credit card thread. I have to admit, this whole microchip in my credit card was all new to me. Just found out about it last year when my CC company sent me a replacement. XD

I was excited for Ultra Street Fighter IV making its way onto PS4 and then I saw this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1052280 :(

This post is all sorts of random, I'm so confused

Veelk

Banned
So does anyone want to recommend me what the best Convergence books are? I've only read the Question ones, which were decent, and the first Nightwing-Oracle, which I liked and should finish the second soon. But those were from Rucka and Simone. I know they deliver. Who else brought the party?

Also, I have a question. On average, how many of these event things work out?

I always think these huge events like these are INSANE. Who the hell is going to buy literally every story going on here? And if people don't care about the event, it creates kind of a distraction for people who just want to see a good ongoing comic. And the end result always seems to have a storyline that is a huge mixed bag of good and bad stories because you're trying to die like 20 different writers into one thing. I understand the need to make things epic and all, but it feels more often than not it just costs other ongoings an issue before getting back to their main story.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Only a complete idiot would read every book and tie-in in a event

So does anyone want to recommend me what the best Convergence books are? I've only read the Question ones, which were decent, and the first Nightwing-Oracle, which I liked and should finish the second soon. But those were from Rucka and Simone. I know they deliver. Who else brought the party?

I always think these huge events like these are INSANE. Who the hell is going to buy literally every story going on here? And if people don't care about the event, it creates kind of a distraction for people who just want to see a good ongoing comic. And the end result always seems to have a storyline that is a huge mixed bag of good and bad stories because you're trying to die like 20 different writers into one thing. I understand the need to make things epic and all, but it feels more often than not it just costs other ongoings an issue before getting back to their main story.

The Shazam book was awesome

Most events aren't very good but they sell really well so it's worth it to release them frequently

It's been more than six weeks since I picked up my comics. I went and picked up about twenty all at once today and used my store credit to do so.

Haha, I think I annoyed the owner by doing that.

-The Question
-Nightwing and Oracle
-Blue Beetle (1st is bad, but second is great)
-Suicide Squad (it went to interesting places)
-Swamp Thing (the first issue is kind of weird, but I really like where they go in the second)
-Harley Quinn

Did the second issue of Speed Force come out? Now that I think about it, it's the only one I haven't finished. It must have come out, since the event is done. Gonna put it on my list. The first issue of that was alright.

-The Question
-Nightwing and Oracle
-Blue Beetle (1st is bad, but second is great)
-Suicide Squad (it went to interesting places)
-Swamp Thing (the first issue is kind of weird, but I really like where they go in the second)
-Harley Quinn

Did the second issue of Speed Force come out? Now that I think about it, it's the only one I haven't finished. It must have come out, since the event is done. Gonna put it on my list. The first issue of that was alright.

I'd add Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes. Yes I'm a Legion fan boy but it was a great example of the Legionnaires and what they stand for.

Ordered Vol 6 of Batman last night. DC organized these trades in a really weird way. I know they wouldn't have been able to fit the longer arcs in as nicely but it would have been better to have the issues in their proper order.

Rhaknar

Annihilation: Silver Surfer #1-4 was great, much better than Superskrull. Thanos is such a scheming bastard lol

Guess its still kinda early though.

And Rhaknar hell yeah. I really love Annihilation and the series leading into it. Everyone would agree but that's just such an incredible run of comics you're getting into. My shelf is ready for Annihilation Conquest's omnibus.

That picture reminds me I knew I should have picked up the Annihilation omnibus earlier. It's going for ridiculous prices now.

Owzers

While i like what the Cavs have been doing I can't go against the Warriors, Warriors in 6 for me.

Speaking of buying all the Secret Wars tie-ins....I backed out of pre-ordering my only one, Siege. I didn't like the preview art that much so i thought i'd wait for reviews/MU/digital sale.

:/

I am down to 9 books in my dcbs order, that's too low to make pre-ordering worth it i think. Need more books Marvel/DC. Where is that Shazam book? I'll probably try Waid's Avengers and hope that it isn't Indestructible Hulk tier bad.

Everyone should read Infinity to see Thanos single handedly take on the Avengers. His fight with Thor was sick.

I loved Infinity. Funny thing is it's disguised as an event when in reality it's just the continuation of Avengers/New Avengers under a different name. It would be completely confusing if you just jumped in.

Damn Cluster #1 was great.

Also really liked Where Monsters Dwell. Inferno was ok. Infinity Gauntlet was I think the most thrilling action comic I've read in a very long time. So much more to read!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom