• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am retiring from the NBA for this season. Thanks for tolerating my Red Nation posting. You da real MVPs.
Have you ever been to Houston?

Houston sucks.

Denounce the Rox and cheer for the Knicks

psych

Fuck da Knicks

on topic: talking about panel to panel action, Hitch always stood out to me as one of the best. Greg land is probably the worst at action. Or anything that has to do with storytelling flow

Messi

I'm a Knicks fan for life.

Fuck da Knicks.

1894vc2mbzscrgif.gif

zennyzz

Got Attilan Rising

That was the most battleworld BattleWorld title yet.

It really feels like the main companion to the Secret Wars story proper. At least of SW issue 2

Also 1602 Matt Murdock and Ghost Rider Noir are fucking cool, holy shit

Owzers

I'm not sure if my waiting for Secret Wars tie-ins to hit MU strategy is that good since i'm buying the main title and want more of that world now.

Messi

I feel like this thread has lost it's way since Freeza died for statueGAFs sins. He would be appalled if he was here. People are reading comics for fuck sake. It's a god damn disgrace. I have read 3 trades in the past 3 days. I am sorry I let you down Freeza.

Stewart doesn't get credit for the incredible action sequences he writes. infinity gauntlet has rekindled my appreciation for panel to panel action storytelling, which batgirl excells at.

Good action sequences don't matter when the story to get to them is awful. The issue with Batgirl isn't in its art, the basic concept is terrible, the word boxes are 200 - 300 % overfull with superfluous text, and he's writing the main character as if it was a completely different character.

Maybe he should be writing a Spoiler book and then his writing would be awesome, but he's not doing a very good job writing a Batgirl ongoing.

Zombine

Banned
I feel like this thread has lost it's way since Freeza died for statueGAFs sins. He would be appalled if he was here. People are reading comics for fuck sake. It's a god damn disgrace. I have read 3 trades in the past 3 days. I am sorry I let you down Freeza.

Freeza's a boy

Owzers

I thought you weren't too fond of it so far?

I like the premise more than the execution so far in the first two issues, if money weren't an issue i'd buy a lot of the tie-ins because they seem like crazy fun even if they can lead to typical tie-in disappointment. I mainly don't enjoy how Hickman lays out an issue, the art feels too restrained in order to push forward through all Hickman's plot points, it feels cold.

Good action sequences don't matter when the story to get to them is awful. The issue with Batgirl isn't in its art, the basic concept is terrible, the word boxes are 200 - 300 % overfull with superfluous text, and he's writing the main character as if it was a completely different character.

Maybe he should be writing a Spoiler book and then his writing would be awesome, but he's not doing a very good job writing a Batgirl ongoing.

I like the concept and the character, especially with the first arc completed and able to read as a whole.

I never liked Batgirl comics before though, to be fair.

I read three trades just yesterday alone. I'm a bad person, aren't I? :(

Isak_Borg

Cant decide wether to read the final Brubaker Cap Omni or Spider-Verse :/

Why not both?

I got the Spider-Verse book for $25 from Amazon during their weird glitch but the stories are out of order from what I've read.

I have all four of Brubaker's OMNI and totally worth picking up if you want his complete run.

Fuck, I love you guys. Sitting here chuckling to myself while eating my sandwich in the break room. I'm gonna be doing a lot reading here soon, wife is taking over the tv and ps4 for the Witcher 3.

Zombine

Banned
The way that CNN/HLN/Time Warner is pushing their periscope agenda is fucking disgusting. What's interesting is witnessing what happens when a company lines the pockets of these news outlets and how they push the product on us as the "next big thing."

There's a huge difference between having advertising partnership to keep your lights on, and crafting news stories around product placement.

The way that CNN/HLN/Time Warner is pushing their periscope agenda is fucking disgusting. What's interesting is witnessing what happens when a company lines the pockets of these news outlets and how they push the product on us as the "next big thing."

Perhaps this reflects badly on me, but I have no idea what you're talking about here.

My mistake. She would be appalled

1241699338_drogba-pissed-its-a-disgrace.gif

What books

That gif brings back so many memories. I was really ill and in hospital at the time but that farce of an ending to that match made me laugh till it hurt.

I took a personal day to see my doctor and a few other things, so I headed to a book fair. No comics, but I got 12 book books for €10. I did also get my Loot Crate today, there is a Bravest Warriors comic in it so I'll read that. There's also an issue of Mad Magazine, which I only know from Simpsons references. I'm afraid to read that as the Simpsons made it seem like the funniest book ever.

Still reading Hickman Avengers. About to start Infinity tonight.

That gif brings back so many memories. I was really ill and in hospital at the time but that farce of an ending to that match made me laugh till it hurt.

I took a personal day to see my doctor and a few other things, so I headed to a book fair. No comics, but I got 12 book books for €10. I did also get my Loot Crate today, there is a Bravest Warriors comic in it so I'll read that. There's also an issue of Mad Magazine, which I only know from Simpsons references. I'm afraid to read that as the Simpsons made it seem like the funniest book ever.

You should read it actually. It'll shed a lot of light on that sequence. It's actually the silliest/dumbest magazine ever, so Bart's awe at it is really funny once you know that context.

Zombine

Banned
Perhaps this reflects badly on me, but I have no idea what you're talking about here.

Periscope is some random-ass Millennial built iOS app for recording video. It's kind of like four square and Twitter. Somewhere down the line they made a deal with CNN, either via connections or money or whatever, and now HLN and CNN are pushing it hard. I undersfand HLN, because it's the fake news and it's amateur hour at best, but now we are getting shit like this:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/26/tech/periscope-android-media/

It's so slimey and gross.

/rant

Periscope is some random-ass Millennial built iOS app for recording video. It's kind of like four square and Twitter. Somewhere down the line they made a deal with CNN, either via connections or money or whatever, and now HLN and CNN are pushing it hard. I undersfand HLN, because it's the fake news and it's amateur hour at best, but now we are getting shit like this:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/26/tech/periscope-android-media/

It's so slimey and gross.

/rant

Oh right, that nonsense. I've heard it mentioned in a few places but I didn't really know much about it. And yeah, the kind of thing linked above is absolutely disgusting. x_x

Zombine

Banned
Oh right, that nonsense. I've heard it mentioned in a few place. And yeah, the kind of thing linked above is absolutely disgusting. x_x

It just doesn't feel right. Like I said, I kind of get it when they use it in silly segments on HLN or whatever, but it shouldn't get articles on CNN positioning it as the "next big thing in media" it really isn't and it's just extended marketing disguised as a news story.

Messi

Iniesta golazo

iniesta.gif

Never screamed so loud in my entire life. I'm sure the whole neighborhood heard me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom