• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
LITERALLY HALF OF SPIDER ISLAND IS DEDICATED TO HER
You dont have to scream at me, my god. Calm down.

And who cares about Spider-Island, when this is the story that revolves about Peter Parkers Family and his daughter? Would have made much more sense to dedicate this story to her.

I dont even care that much, I just think its quiete stupid.

zennyzz

Considering they confirmed the Mayday half of Spider Island is going to be written by her creators.

I sure as fuck would care about it a lot more than a possible utterly inane prequel(how) set on battle world.

Mudcrab

And who cares about Spider-Island, when this is the story that revolves about Peter Parkers Family and his daughter? Would have made much more sense to dedicate this story to her.

It makes plenty of sense. Mayday is practically an adult at this point and she's going to have her own story. With RYV we get an entirely new take on a Parker family and Annie is free to be her own character with all the potential that comes with that.

RR0wNAH.png

I love this book.

Cade

I think that panel/all the pages with Wolverine were what turned me off Ms. Marvel. I mean, I'm not complaining cause it's not for me... but yikes.

tim1138

Has anyone read the Age of Reptiles series by Ricardo Delgado? I'm always on the lookout for cool dinosaur stuff and this looks to fit that bill.

Cade

It's only a matter of time before it completely degenerates into people hitting each other with omnibuses. The old school Marvel kind with the thick paper. No Absolute Editions allowed.

I'm bout to wallop Rafa with this Jason Aaron Wolverine. He hasn't done anything to me yet which is why the surprise will be large.

Anybody read Fresh Romance?

It's basically an issue of setup for the three included stories, especially the second story. I felt the other two had slightly more substance but that's not saying much. I'm not sure what to think at this point since nothing really grabbed me. Will probably give the next issue a try but, especially given the pricing on it, I think pacing needs to be improved some considering the anthology format.

I apologize for being so vague here, but there really isn't a ton to say about each of them. I suppose the art is workable for all three? There was nothing blatantly and inexcusably appalling about the writing? A lot of other Sarahs we involved in making it?

Sandfox

Not really since this book is if OMD never happened. It makes more sense to focus on this child than Mayday whose current 616 situation is weird.

Parch

Has anyone read the Age of Reptiles series by Ricardo Delgado? I'm always on the lookout for cool dinosaur stuff and this looks to fit that bill.
I read a couple of the GN. Well, not really read because there's no dialogue, just picture storytelling. It's easy to just fly through it too fast because of that, and the artwork is just average IMO. Still not bad and dinosaur fans will definitely like it. Pretty unique comics.

Same reason we are crying that they dont bring Richard Rider Nova back.
She is a fan favorite.

Ironically the exact same reason.

I wish it weren't so but not enough people cared about those comics.

Do I wish there was a new season of Happy Endings? Of course. But I know why there isn't and I don't yell on the internet every year when there's another set of upfronts without a new season.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ironically the exact same reason.

I wish it weren't so but not enough people cared about those comics.

Do I wish there was a new season of Happy Endings? Of course. But I know why there isn't and I don't yell on the internet every year when there's another set of upfronts without a new season.

Do NOT bring that show up ever again. :( I miss it so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom