• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Your face is a terrible moment.

zwhBRbO.gif

I love the emotional angle Captain Marvel takes at times and I find Carol to be incredibly interesting. Plus I love all the side characters. Can't say a Ms Marvel issue ever got me to cry. That said I can tell Ms Marvel is well made.

You have to be the first person to ever say this.

Boogiepop

Anyone else going out into Amiibo hell tomorrow? I'm really starting to get worried about Ness and whether or not I'll manage to get him.

Also, read the first three issues of Born Again last night and geeze, Kingpin seriously makes a mess of Matt's life there. Looking forward to reading the rest of it.

Anyone else going out into Amiibo hell tomorrow? I'm really starting to get worried about Ness and whether or not I'll manage to get him.

All I'm picking up tomorrow is Splatoon. I have an Inkling Boy amiibo coming in the mail, but otherwise, the amiibos I want from the new wave aren't that big a deal for me (or they're the Green Squid).

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I need to rewatch it soon, but man does it hurt me. Dave sex dreams episode is SO GOOD

No one at my business school's golf tournament noticed the silent auction so I got all three seasons of this, the Seinfeld series collection, and all of Community that was out at the time. Best $30 I ever spent.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I love the emotional angle Captain Marvel takes at times and I find Carol to be incredibly interesting. Plus I love all the side characters. Can't say a Ms Marvel issue ever got me to cry. That said I can tell Ms Marvel is well made.

I feel the exact opposite: I find Ms. Marvel's story and struggle captivating and genuine. There's a real sincerity from the author that shines through. The letters section alone makes me cry like a big dummy every month. It also helps that the the art is gorgeous, but it's worth it for the plotting alone.

I've only read Kelly Sue's first volume of Captain Marvel but I found it dull, with rough art. It was a struggle to get through.

Cade

No one at my business school's golf tournament noticed the silent auction so I got all three seasons of this, the Seinfeld series collection, and all of Community that was out at the time. Best $30 I ever spent.

That's impressive. I wish Season 3 of Happy Endings wasn't just on crappy printed DVD-Rs, at least from Amazon, though.

My Ness and Inkling Girl are already shipped to me. I got Pac-Man preordered at TRU so I can relax tomorrow and not worry about spending hours going amiibo hunting. If you didn't have Ness preordered your kinda SOL.

I feel the exact opposite: I find Ms. Marvel's story and struggle captivating and genuine. There's a real sincerity from the author that shines through. The letters section alone makes me cry like a big dummy every month. It also helps that the the art is gorgeous, but it's worth it for the plotting alone.

I've only read Kelly Sue's first volume of Captain Marvel but I found it dull, with rough art. It was a struggle to get through.

Don't know why it took them so long to get Lopez on that book but he's perfect.

Anyone sleeping on Captain Marvel deserves bad comics.

Also, I had too many other things to read and gave up on curb stomp halfway.

Messi

Don't know why it took them so long to get Lopez on that book but he's perfect.

Anyone sleeping on Captain Marvel deserves bad comics.

Also, I had too many other things to read and gave up on curb stomp halfway.

My god lopez is absolutely perfect for Captain Marvel. His art is amazing.

I gave up on curb stomp mid issue one

mreddie

I kinda liked it but Enemy Within was the volume's big moment and yet, that felt pointless. Hell, the recent issue should have felt more emotional if Carol wasn't in space for the majority of that arc.

Messi

I kinda liked it but Enemy Within was the volume's big moment and yet, that felt pointless. Hell, the recent issue should have felt more emotional if Carol wasn't in space for the majority of that arc.

That was part of the point though...
that even though she was off adventuring in space life went on. Things changed.

Boogiepop

My Ness and Inkling Girl are already shipped to me. I got Pac-Man preordered at TRU so I can relax tomorrow and not worry about spending hours going amiibo hunting. If you didn't have Ness preordered your kinda SOL.
That's what I'm worried about. Even though I was watching heavily when stuff was going up, I still failed to get anything but the Splatoon three pack preordered. Tomorrow is going to be super stressful for me. It sounds like Gamestops may have like 1-2 Ness for purchase, so that's the one that has me scared.

mreddie

That was part of the point though...
that even though she was off adventuring in space life went on. Things changed.

Makes sense, it's just I think Carol works better when she's on Earth. I also kinda wonder what would have happened if Marvel went though with retconning Carol's origin.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Continuing the recent late-week random updates, MU just added a bunch of old x-men and Spidey books

Weekly update went from 18 to 67 issues

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ronan mini is...OK. I guess that batman fanboy was right, damn him :(

Ronan mini is...OK. I guess that batman fanboy was right, damn him :(
Hah! It's just a bad way to build momentum to a great event. I thought the idea was good for building awareness of cosmic marvel that is largely ignored. But the execution stumbled.

So I'm already 15/20 on this weeks comics and it's only Thursday. What will I do with my time. No NBA so what to have on in the background while reading comics? Should I watch a movie. Maybe I'll finally start playing games again? This is the least amount of game playing ever for me.

Is season 3 of Orphan Black worth it? I've been recording them but my desire is low after last season :/ the other show on the backlog is Penny Dreadful season 2 which I haven't started. A show that should be better than it is. It pads more than a Bendis team book plot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom