• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Holy shit Annihilation #1 :eek:

They nailed the war aspect. Well, losing war. Rider being a motherfucking boss (or I should say Nova, since "Drax killed Rider the boy so Nova the man could live" as he says), Galactus is down, Thanos has Silver Surfer, they can barely hold off the wave let alone defeat it, shit looks grim!

Just got done reading The Wicked + The Divine Vol. 1. Don't think I'm gonna keep going.

The premise is great but most of it fell flat on me. #1 is good and gave enough info to reel me in but everything pretty much after ranged from "meh" to "alright".

Loved the art and choice of colors, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait what? Annihilation #2:

Thanos kidnaps Moondragon and she seems to hate him when not so long ago in the Thanos series pre-Annihilation she was not only gladly helping him and Warlock but she wanted to stick around and Thanos was like "fuck off lady I don't need you anymore"

Holy lack of continuity Batman :/

Nick Lachey

in 2015

I mean I know DC digs through junkyards for old scrap metal they can use as their primer creative teams, but I didn't know they were expanding that operation for ads, too. Shit, next level

Wait what? Annihilation #2:

Thanos kidnaps Moondragon and she seems to hate him when not so long ago in the Thanos series pre-Annihilation she was not only gladly helping him and Warlock but she wanted to stick around and Thanos was like "fuck off lady I don't need you anymore"

Holy lack of continuity Batman :/

To be fair, Moondragon is almost as boring as Quasar and Warlock.

Also on the war comment, yeah, it's kind of a given that a man that has been writing (good) space war books for decades would manage to pull off space war comix.

Rhaknar

To be fair, Moondragon is almost as boring as Quasar and Warlock.

Also on the war comment, yeah, it's kind of a given that a man that has been writing (good) space war books for decades would manage to pull off space war comix.

What other space war books did he write?

Busaiku

I was gonna get Midnighter, but nope.
Batman ending at 40 is ok.

Shame about Grayson, Gotham Academy, and other new series coming up, but this is absolutely disgusting.

Owzers

Now i know why conservatives are always talking about Creeping Sharia. We grew too complacent with ads next to our story pages and now we're dead. Thanks DC.

Rhaknar

And now you get to play the "which 40k race is he inserting into marvel now?" game.

The wave is obviously nids. Subtlety of a brick there.

Well to be fair it's also the Brood / Zerg

ElNarez

Banned
how can anyone see this and think "yeah, this is a good thing, cool, totally not pissing in the face of the few who are loyal enough to still hit the shops any given wednesday, it's a good decision that's worth doing"

Owzers

how can anyone see this and think "yeah, this is a good thing, cool, totally not pissing in the face of the few who are loyal enough to still hit the shops any given wednesday, it's a good decision that's worth doing"

"it's only for a month so it's okay" I presume.

ElNarez

Banned
Ad $$$$$ I guess.

Also, "pissing in the face" is pretty harsh.

It's pure crass. "pissing in the face" is nowhere near harsh enough considering the amount of short-sighted cynicism that probably came into play when the idea was brought up.

e: I mean seriously comics are already expensive enough without the need for these shitty fucking ads shoved so shittily into our faces. It's bad enough TO MAKE ME FUCKING HATE TWIX. TWIX. Everyone fucking loves Twix.

Owzers

I only want to buy the left twix, these ads are really divisive. I'm not up to date on candy culture, but Twix should start selling a Left and Right twix separately as part of the ad campaign, but keep the price the same.

headshot95

Neo Member
Finished Nextwave Agents of H.A.T.E. today. It's been talked about on here before but if you have MU and want to read a comic that's just ridiculous and a blast to read, then give it a shot.

ElNarez

Banned
Burnham's tweet was deleted, so, here's the bullshit we were talking about earlier
WZViqej.png

ujYqQ5a.png

Why couldn't it be lenticular ads for Cunch bars with Shaq dancing?

Shaq-cat-wiggle.gif

If your gonna have them be in your face like that at least get somewhat creative with it.

Busaiku

It is not okay, we are just one step away from ads being drawn into comics.

Latest Scott Snyder issue, "My Father once asked me, 'Which twix side do you prefer Bruce?' I answered the right twix, the side of justice, moments later he was shot in the face."
But that would be a good thing.

ElNarez

Banned
It is not okay, we are just one step away from ads being drawn into comics.

Latest Scott Snyder issue, "My Father once asked me, 'Which twix side do you prefer Bruce?' I answered the right twix, the side of justice, moments later he was shot in the face."

That would at least feel respectful of my time and cash, like, there was a process, someone had to find a way to make that thing work in that context, and I'm a grown-up, I get that folks gots to get that paper.

This? Cutting up pages to shove that sort of bullshit? It's beyond unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom