• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sWUrzEe.png

GOAT
Based ass Rob. Gonna buy 30 copies, one for all the DC books being released

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I don't even buy singles, but fuck DC. Don't start throwing even more restrictions at the creative teams. Just making it even easier for me to pare down my corporate superhero purchases.

Vibranium

Banned
Wow, that DC half page ad debacle is crazy. It better go away, good thing I'm mostly digital. $4.99 and big ads are pretty bad things for me.

Also, they should run a Levis jeans ad on Liefeld's book for old times sake. ;)

Ms Marvel has got even better with Lockjaw. I want one.
Lockjaw makes everything better. MVP of the entire Marvel Universe.
I love Mark Millar. He's the only writer with something to say.
tumblr_lyg1zxyelF1qjmsnb.gif

Another comics thread in the OT. The Lex luthor thread. :/

Careful folks. Don't get banned.
Should I...I can't...I don't...But on the other hand...No I can't....damn it.
Burnham's tweet was deleted, so, here's the bullshit we were talking about earlier
I'm actually super pissed, because I do collect floppies and I do in fact have a DC #1 coming my way.

Fucking hell man.
Yea but is the anatomy right? Does anyone have feet?
NO AND YOU WILL FUCKING LIKE IT

besada

Banned
DC can suck a dick ont those half page ads. Not only will it enrage readers, but I can imagine a while bunch of artists making calls to friends at other companies, looking for a new gig. No artist wants his work bookended by Slurpee commercials.

So stupid. Warner needs to sack most of DC's executives.

DC can suck a dick ont those half page ads. Not only will it enrage readers, but I can imagine a while bunch of artists making calls to friends at other companies, looking for a new gig. No artist wants his work bookended by Slurpee commercials.

It won't last.

It can't.

Tizoc

Great books this week
Old Man Logan
Transformers More than Meets the Eyes
Chew
Transformers More than Meets the Eyes

Especially Transformers More than Meets the Eyes, only Rodimus/Hot Rod would fail so badly at hiding the fact that he's happy a heroic, popular, famous, respected and beloved in many star systems, Autobot, is dieing.
WfK7jIx.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Annihilation was awesome. Bring on Annihilation Conquest (which includes both the Guardians and Nova runs too I believe? Making it a much longer event)

Messi

Can you look into GrandHarrier mocking my culture and heritage. It is unacceptable.

Squire

Banned
Bought the last five issues of Hickman Avengers.

Hyyyyyyyyyype

This shit with
Pym and the Beyonders
in the 25th hour is fucking crazy town.

Owzers

I was told all of the cosmic chart is good

Annihilation was the best, I'm sure you will find enjoyment with some of the other stuff, mainly the first two arcs or so of Guardians of the Galaxy and maybe War of Kings. Maybe even Annihilation Conquest.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Bought the last five issues of Hickman Avengers.

Hyyyyyyyyyype

This shit with
Pym and the Beyonders
in the 25th hour is fucking crazy town.

it's especially nuts when you go back and read the scene where Tony and Reed mention sending him out in like issue 8

It's all downhill after the original Annihilation :|

yeah, agreed. i usually just recommend that first event/arc from cosmic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So for months you throw the cosmic chart at my face, now you all shit on it :p

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Holy fuckballs at those half-page dude-from-98-degrees ads in DC's book.

This shit is embarrassing.

Rhaknar

I know. But I started with the later stuff when they came out live, went back for annihilation and bought conquest but haven't read it. Don't judge me! Back in my day you had to physically go to a store and buy comics in person

People scare me tho, I only deal with robots

Guys, guys. The DC Defence Force has arrived and I just have to say that you have to........

The ads should.........

You have to look at this way........

What I'm trying to say is.......

I got nothing.

Back to Frank Millers DD run through #187. Holy shit what Matt is doing to Heather is so cruel. He's being so horrible. so not only did he tell her to quit her company inherited after her father died to marry him. When she stalls he goes and turns her company to the DA to shut it down without telling her. And now he's going to defend her and make it so all heather has is complete 100% dependence to him. So she's now begrudgingly accepting his marriage proposal. And foggy looks on going WTF? But not saying anything yet.

Matt is the WORST boyfriend in comics history. No question

Owzers

Guys, guys. The DC Defence Force has arrived and I just have to say that you have to........

The ads should.........

You have to look at this way........

What I'm trying to say is.......

I got nothing.

DC needs the money from ad revenue to continue producing high quality books, if you want comics to exist you have to deal with a small amount of ads

A story-page ad is the same thing as a regular ad just shifted over.

You don't have to look at the ad if you don't want to, just move on.

The half page ads are dumb, thankfully they seem to be only one month, and the artists were given heads up about them (so that the pages it happens on can be planned). I'm still going to get my books next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom