• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cade

I've been contacted by Twix and half of my posts will be pre-empted with ads now. I'm sorry.
twix_logo_normal.jpg
twix_logo_normal.jpg
twix_logo_normal.jpg
twix_logo_normal.jpg

In better news, though, look on the bright side: it's not SIXIS

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Ha. My kid just wants more Damien.

I'm just not sure what they were thinking hiring that voice actor for Damian. She/he is atrocious and genuinely sinks any interest I have in Damian in those movies.

Also, I tapped out the second an Owl swooped down from the trees and ripped the dollmaker dude's heart out through his chest in front of Damian.

Mudcrab

The thing is ads really aren't that big of a deal. At least, they aren't to me, when they are done in the way they have been currently. It's easy to ignore them and just flip the page if they are of no interest to me. I object to half page ads solely because it removes that choice from me.

This sums up my feelings on the matter nicely.

I'm just not sure what they were thinking hiring that voice actor for Damian. She/he is atrocious and genuinely sinks any interest I have in Damian in those movies.

Also, I tapped out the second an Owl swooped down from the trees and ripped the dollmaker dude's heart out through his chest in front of Damian.

Oh right they goofed up the owls thing.

Read some more of Green Lantern yesterday (There is a Lantern that is a whole planet?!).

OT1: Slow day at work.

9bCNXGe.png

OT2: Am off to some conference in DC, no comics or Witcher 3 for 5 days. :(

Messi

Read some more of Green Lantern yesterday (There is a Lantern that is a whole planet?!).

OT1: Slow day at work.

9bCNXGe.png

OT2: Am off to some conference in DC, no comics or Witcher 3 for 5 days. :(

Look at all that post Messi arrival growth. Was December/January civil war? I didn't post for a week after that.

Messi

Real talk. It's lovely to see our community still growing. I love this place and I love the people in this thread (except GrandHarrier). We got some new regulars recently who seem to have fitted in perfectly. All in all we are heading in the right direction. I guess the fear about the move to ot community was unfounded as we have had some hilarious moments since and some great discussion all while remaining one of the most welcoming communities on GAF. Fuck GrandHarrier tho.

Real talk. It's lovely to see our community still growing. I love this place and I love the people in this thread (except GrandHarrier). We got some new regulars recently who seem to have fitted in perfectly. All in all we are heading in the right direction. I guess the fear about the move to ot community was unfounded as we have had some hilarious moments since and some great discussion all while remaining one of the most welcoming communities on GAF. Fuck GrandHarrier tho.

17zegpu534xkvjpg.jpg

Gang.

GANG.

Duggan, Posehn, and Koblish create a series of Hostess full-page ads, each starring a different Marvel character, to run in all their books for one month.

One page, you're reading your universe-spanning epic Hickman saga where the stakes have never been higher, and on the next Kamala Khan is thwarting Big Wheel's latest robbery by throwing fruit pies at him.

I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.

EDIT: It could be set in the Hostess 'Verse, and they revive the Hostess Spider-Man using the power of questionable baked goods goodness! A happy ending after all!

Well, being in OT Community does mean you're less likely to have people stumble in, which is both good (avoids a lot of the nonsense from OT comic threads) and bad (makes it less likely someone will find it). I assume that, like myself, they'd need to come looking. One thing I think this does is it helps make sure anyone coming here actually enjoys comics rather than just a company or capes or the like. I'm glad it's ComicsGAF and not MarvelGAF, DCGAF, ImageGAF, etc. And, of course, the community is helped by the fact that comics aren't static. Uh, except when it's Static I guess?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Well, being in OT Community does mean you're less likely to have people stumble in, which is both good (avoids a lot of the nonsense from OT comic threads) and bad (makes it less likely someone will find it). I assume that, like myself, they'd need to come looking. One thing I think this does is it helps make sure anyone coming here actually enjoys comics rather than just a company or capes or the like. I'm glad it's ComicsGAF and not MarvelGAF, DCGAF, ImageGAF, etc. And, of course, the community is helped by the fact that comics aren't static. Uh, except when it's Static I guess?

RIP Static Shock.

Zombine

Banned

I come for the people. I only have my license in California though.

frye

the fact that they're apparently only putting these twix ads in the first issue of these Hot New Relaunches (some of which seem at least kind of interesting) is ???

Why use two Twix ads (both with Nick Lachey) in two half page ads next to each other? Why not different ads... or different celebs or something?

EDIT: It could be set in the Hostess 'Verse, and they revive the Hostess Spider-Man using the power of questionable baked goods goodness! A happy ending after all!

Dude, its Duggan.

There gon' be a line about how someone's heart is filled with lemon apple tart, and someone else's is filled with apple lemon tart. Then brain surgery.

Also mohawks and deadpool cameos. Because.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom