• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
"half page ads! What the fuck"

Kipperoony pls. Return them they are for the kids.

I'd love to know how those dudes went about choosing what to rob. Iit doesn't seem like they just shoved a fat-fisted hand out and ran down a row--seems like they actively selected some things.

Bii

I'd love to know how those dudes went about choosing what to rob. Iit doesn't seem like they just shoved a fat-fisted hand out and ran down a row--seems like they actively selected some things.

Yeah. It was definitely targeted. No Marvel or DC titles. Strange.

Edit: there are Vertigo titles, which is basically DC.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
No lie, before today's nerd rage drama I had forgotten big two comics even had ads in them.

Tim physical shaming/digital boasting.

Some of us can't help but love the smell and feel of floppies. Can't we do so without enjoying a nice, delicious Twix. Cookie base with caramel layered on top and then fondue'd in a fucking chocolate waterfall.

And yet they apparently just dumped loose floppies in a bag, so besides being thieves they also showed no respect for the comics themselves or their condition. Did they want to steal non-big 2 stuff or did they want to remove non-big 2 stuff?

Boogiepop

Made out solidly today with Amiibo madness. Got everything but Lucina and Robin. Here's hoping fate smiles upon me and actually lets me get them out of the bloodbath of Amazon tonight...

tim1138

Tim physical shaming/digital boasting.

Some of us can't help but love the smell and feel of floppies. Can't we do so without enjoying a nice, delicious Twix. Cookie base with caramel layered on top and then fondue'd in a fucking chocolate waterfall.

It's been so long since I've had a Twix that when they started airing those right Twix/left Twix commercials I had to ask my wife if the flavors were different. Clearly I am not their target audience.

Filthy Slug

And yet they apparently just dumped loose floppies in a bag, so besides being thieves they also showed no respect for the comics themselves or their condition. Did they want to steal non-big 2 stuff or did they want to remove non-big 2 stuff?

Buncha damn savages
tumblr_n3fa7uVTDW1r3winno1_500.gif

Riptwo

Alpha is still a pretty new and small store in Calgary's comic scene, so this was especially brutal. What I find really strange, however, is that Alpha has a ton of original pages and art framed and placed around the shop, and it doesn't sound like those were touched. What a bizarre incident!

Squire

Banned
I wish we could get a DCAU-quality Avengers cartoon. Just call it "Avengers World" and adapt all the Hickman stuff. The movies will never go this deep and that makes me sad.

I can't believe I burned through ~75 issues in a month and it only took this long because I didn't buy the whole thing to start. This is legit the best serial story I've read in a minute. I'll probably lose my mind reading the last five.

Real talk. It's
lovely to see our community still growing. I love this place and I love the people in this thread (except GrandHarrier). We got some new regulars recently who seem to have fitted in perfectly. All in all we are heading in the right direction. I guess the fear about the move to ot community was unfounded as we have had some hilarious moments since and some great discussion all while remaining one of the most welcoming communities on GAF. Fuck GrandHarrier tho.

Right on, brother. I like you guys. Not comics though, they're just okay. I come to NeoGAF dot com to talk about video games even though all I do now is read comics.

Fintan

Was in The Big Bang Comics Shop in Dundrum today. Anyone in Irish Comics-GAF been? I didn't even know there was a comics shop outside the City Centre. I thought it was nice. Never really go to physical shops.

Bii

I got four Greninjas coming in the mail. TRU's free shipping is slow as fvck. Who needed one? Heard a lot of people either had 100 at their local TRU or less than 10.

Messi

Was in The Big Bang Comics Shop in Dundrum today. Anyone in Irish Comics-GAF been? I didn't even know there was a comics shop outside the City Centre. I thought it was nice. Never really go to physical shops.

I was in there today. What time were you there.

It's a really nice store. Lots of books.

Messi

Around 1 o'clock. Only other customer there was a guy asking about his pull-list. Was that you? :O

It wasn't but I would have just missed you. I was there from 12-12:45ish. That's kind of nuts.

I'm hard to miss. I am 6'6 and wear illuminous orange basketball shoes

Filthy Slug

Yo, is that Yarn Yoshi an Amiibo or what? I just want a yoshi made of yarn. How do I find this Yoshi?

Fintan

It wasn't but I would have just missed you. I was there from 12-12:45ish. That's kind of nuts.
Haha, that's weird. It took me a couple minutes extra to find it too, because I didn't realize that it wasn't actually in the main shopping centre building. What could have been!

Is that your main shop? It's a bit too far away from me for me to visit it regularly, just happened to be there today.

Messi

Haha, that's weird. It took me a couple minutes extra to find it too, because I didn't realize that it wasn't actually in the main shopping centre building. What could have been!

Is that your main shop? It's a bit too far away from me for me to visit it regularly, just happened to be there today.

Kinda, I asked my friend to bring me today to pick up some stuff. I don't go to the city center stores anymore as I think they are awful and have terrible service. I like these guys and they keep me stuff if I email. But I don't buy floppies anymore bar a few variants and Harley Quinn so I don't have a regular store.

I was there for nearly an hour looking at stuff lol. If you had found it a bit earlier I would likely have still been there. Would have been hilarious that we didn't know.

Fintan

Kinda, I asked my friend to bring me today to pick up some stuff. I don't go to the city center stores anymore as I think they are awful and have terrible service. I like these guys and they keep me stuff if I email. But I don't buy floppies anymore bar a few variants and Harley Quinn so I don't have a regular store.

I was there for nearly an hour looking at stuff lol. If you had found it a bit earlier I would likely have still been there. Would have been hilarious that we didn't know.
Oh, cool. Yeah, I've never really liked the shops in town too much. I remember when I was like 12 I went into Forbidden Planet, I asked if they had some comic in stock. I was pretty sure they didn't but I just wanted to ask anyway. Then the guy in the shop started trying to convince me that some obviously completely different comic was the one I was looking for, I guess just to make a sale. That was weird and annoying.

Who else is in Irish Comics-GAF? We've probably all like walked past each other without realizing, haha.

Fintan

I would have been so obvious today lol. I was wearing a Dodson Harley Quinn TShirt. Top perfect
Lol, I probably would have been looking out for a football jersey, but, yeah, a Harley Quinn t-shirt would have been a dead giveaway.

Now I'm picturing this guy in a Harley t-shirt, lol. Do you reckon he's a fan?

lionel-messi_416x416.jpg

Messi

Lol, I probably would have been looking out for a football jersey, but, yeah, a Harley Quinn t-shirt would have been a dead giveaway.

Now I'm picturing this guy in a Harley t-shirt, lol. Do you reckon he's a fan?

lionel-messi_416x416.jpg

I doubt he even knows who she is lol

I think Freeza was saying she was from Ireland but she moved to Florida when she was young.

I've never been, but I live in the sticks. When I go to Dublin, generally I go to Sub City and Forbidden Planet as they're what I can get my friends to agree to.

Probably won't be going again until Christmas unless we end up going to Dublin Comic Con. Otherwise, we'll go to The Force Awakens in the IMAX.

Fintan

I've never been, but I live in the sticks. When I go to Dublin, generally I go to Sub City and Forbidden Planet as they're what I can get my friends to agree to.

Probably won't be going again until Christmas unless we end up going to Dublin Comic Con. Otherwise, we'll go to The Force Awakens in the IMAX.
Only comic shop I've ever been to outside of Dublin is the Sub City in Galway around 7 years ago. I wanted to buy Brubaker's Captain America and they didn't have it. I swore off the whole city that day and I've never been back.

Messi

I might be going to Dublin Comic con. It's the same week as I get back from Florida tho.

Only comic shop I've ever been to outside of Dublin is the Sub City in Galway around 7 years ago. I wanted to buy Brubaker's Captain America and they didn't have it. I swore off the whole city that day and I've never been back.

I sometimes go to Other Realms when I'm in Cork. It's a bit of a hole though and they've cut back a lot on comics. Half of it has been taken over by a health foods store now.

I might be going to Dublin Comic con. It's the same week as I get back from Florida tho.

Cool. The movie/TV guests don't really interest me (my friends are really eager to see Michael Rooker), but they just announced Simon Furman, who is a bit of a childhood hero of mine and I would like to get my Transformers UK collections signed. Also, that Sherlock Holmes comic they announced just for the con sounds really good.

I went in 2013, it was fun but you could tell it was their first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom