• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K13lwiX.png

Messi

On my trip to the comic shop today, I bought Manhattan Projects Volume 5. I started to read it and realized that I did not remember enough about what had happened and needed to re read the earlier volumes.

Does anyone else have that happen to them? For example, I read Invincible in hardcover format, which come out every year and a half roughly, and every time a new one comes out I've pretty much forgotten all the specifics of the series and end up doing a re read.

Every single book. Every one. My memory is so bad and I read too many books at once.

Did you buy anything else?

I was just making my list for next week and Marvel are going hard in the paint. 11 titles for me. DC have a few #1s too but I twixed them from my list.

Huh. I didn't know grey leotard wearing Black Widow climbed the sides of buildings like a spider using special suction cup glove thingies in her suit. Guess everyone was getting into that 80s spider craze #TheMoreYouKnow

Fintan

Every single book. Every one. My memory is so bad and I read too many books at once.

Did you buy anything else?

I was just making my list for next week and Marvel are going hard in the paint. 11 titles for me. DC have a few #1s too but I twixed them from my list.
Nah, I just finished college a couple of weeks and I'm really broke, haha. Once I get a job I'll be able to start buying things again. There's a good few things I want to catch up on. Want to get Brubaker's new Image series (Fade Out and Velvet), I'm a couple of volumes behind on Chew, still haven't read Sex Criminals, etc.

Use Marvel Unlimited for most Marvel stuff.

Even once I'm working, I'll probably try to limit myself. The costs add up pretty quickly. Comics are expensive, man!

zennyzz

Truth is neither side was absolutely right.

Cyclops argument was too by the numbers. It'd have worked, if people were robots, but people aren't robots and even when people are robots they aren't the most objective beings.

That said Wolverine's argument was from a moral standpoint, which is in fact hypocritical and does lean too much on a bleeding heart kind of case.

Fintan

Huh. I didn't know grey leotard wearing Black Widow climbed the sides of buildings like a spider using special suction cup glove thingies in her suit. Guess everyone was getting into that 80s spider craze #TheMoreYouKnow
BA4hjvzCEAAaN8O.jpg

Helloooo? Human Fly here!

Owzers

I stopped reading Morning Glories partly because it kept referencing things that happened previously and i remembered nothing of it. To a lesser degree that happens in Invincible a lot where previous enemies come back and I go through that " i'm supposed to know this person..."

Fintan

I stopped reading Morning Glories partly because it kept referencing things that happened previously and i remembered nothing of it. To a lesser degree that happens in Invincible a lot where previous enemies come back and I go through that " i'm supposed to know this person..."
Invincible does that thing with very minor plots that progress very slowly over the course of a few volumes but then suddenly become important, like the whole Martian thing. Those are the ones that get me.

I don't really mind rereading Invincible though, because the art is so good.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Morning Glories and Manhattan Projects are two books that are impossible to read month to month. No idea what's going on, every time.

Vibranium

Banned
Invincible does that thing with very minor plots that progress very slowly over the course of a few volumes but then suddenly become important, like the whole Martian thing. Those are the ones that get me.

I don't really mind rereading Invincible though, because the art is so good.

Speaking of Invincible, I still hope that Mark becomes a villain, I really, really want that to be the game plan Kirkman has laid out. Someone suggested that they might be doing it in the letters column and Sean sort of brushed it off.

Fintan

Speaking of Invincible, I still hope that Mark becomes a villain, I really, really want that to be the game plan Kirkman has laid out. Someone suggested that they might be doing it in the letters column and Sean sort of brushed it off.
I can't even remember what exactly he was doing in the last Ultimate Collection I read. I think he was getting up to some pretty questionable stuff with some dinosaur dude. There was a lot of Robot and Monster Girl stuff too.

Owzers

I'm watching game 7 hockey

I've never liked hockey, i presume it's because i can't skate and i took it out on the sport. And i don't like being cold and hockey has ice.

And it's hockey.

I'd rather watch Baseball than hockey and i only watch baseball when i get bored of watching the news but don't want to pay attention to something.

Hockey is so bad that its rules are tailored to children, if you misbehave you have to have a timeout in a box and think about what you did while the other people play.

Zombeavers is aggressively obnoxious, i thought it was slightly funny for the first five minutes but then.....yikes. And the beavers haven't even done anything yet. People ruin everything.

Sorry Comic Gaf. You'll have to find a different movie starring Olivia Wilde to obsess over. But I'm sure she knows Comic Gaf is her #1 fanbase.

Sarah is a guy? Freeza is a girl? What a world we live in
Freeza's always been rather androgynous, quite frankly
Who wants one of these spiked frozen Cokes I just made?
...........I'm not sure what this means, and even if I did, it's very forward.
I dig it, though I don't necessarily agree. He did a shit job of defending his position in AvX.
I dig it. The Gambit hate article that's linked to that is faaaaantastic, chere

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Meh. Cyclops lost his way and all these articles, posts, etc seem desperate to convince others it's really not his fault, and he's really the good guy, etc.

He was right n AvX but it was a shit event. Cap and IM were arseholes.

To be fair, the alternative was Logan. Fuck dat.

Truth is neither side was absolutely right.

Cyclops argument was too by the numbers. It'd have worked, if people were robots, but people aren't robots and even when people are robots they aren't the most objective beings.

That said Wolverine's argument was from a moral standpoint, which is in fact hypocritical and does lean too much on a bleeding heart kind of case.

Logan's argument was "they need to be kids!" Then he spent the next 30-odd issues of Wolverine and the X-Men with his students defending their lives against everything. Wolverine's argument will never work because fiction requires conflict, which means people are always going to attack the school and the students will always have to defend themselves.

Squire

Banned
Logan's argument was "they need to be kids!" Then he spent the next 30-odd issues of Wolverine and the X-Men with his students defending their lives against everything. Wolverine's argument will never work because fiction requires conflict, which means people are always going to attack the school and the students will always have to defend themselves.

Scott wants the school to turn into a PMC. They can come under and defend themselves (like they're being trained to) without going full military.

Wolverine literally murdered kids tho

HIS kids

He had it coming, breh.

Bii

Yay, got Sinestro Corps War Vols. 1 & 2 from Tragicomedy for FREEEEEEEEEEE. It's been on my Amazon wish list for nearly a year now...

Looks like I'll start reading this soon to resume my Green Lantern reading.

I will pay it forward with another post; gotta rummage through some of my stuff to see what can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom